• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of the news of Japanese of the glory of Bangaioh of yak the 3 of this week mag

B.K. said:
Atlus released the original in America as Steambot Chronicles, but they didn't do the second game.

Because it never came out. This is the first time anything's been heard about it since last TGS.

B.K.

leroy hacker said:
Because it hasn't been from by Irem since last TGS until now.

Really? It's been so long since it was announced that I assumed it had already been released.

Jonnyram said:
Next issue:
- Kojima Productions scoop report

Zone of the Enders 3? :O

d+pad

I know someone's going to slap me, but I wish Bangaioh was on the Wii and not the DS (and, yes, I have both...)

Jonnyram

PSP/PS2 | Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
Capcom
6 December 2007
- same as the game already out in the West

PS3 | Silent Hill 5
- just announced as being on the horizon, no info/screens etc.

Jonnyram said:
About .hack trilogy:
Blu-ray 10290 yen
DVD 7140 yen

Next issue:
- Kojima Productions scoop report
- PSP software report
- Pokemon fushigi dungeon guide
- FF4 new screens

so no FFXIII blowout before TGS, huh? :(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jonnyram said:
PS3 | Silent Hill 5
- just announced as being on the horizon, no info/screens etc.

Jeebus christ what a week for PS3.

Jonnyram

360 release dates:
Bladestorm 25 October
Lost Odyssey 6 December
Conan 6 December
Stuntman Ignition 13 December
Viva Pinata Let's Party 2007
Dark Sector 2008

lupin23rd

ethelred said:
Yeah, the same video they've shown at six media events now. OH, maybe they'll add a quarter of a second of new footage! MEDIA BLOOOOWOOOOUT!

But we haven't seen any of that footage (or have we?) yet?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jonnyram said:
Nintendo's Project HAMMER cancelled

Shocker. Any word on what the team is working on? Samus' grapple training?

Phthisis

Listen people: go out and buy Steambot Chronicles (Bumpy Trot) for the PS2 in FUCKING CELEBRATION that your MASTERS at Irem have deemed you WORTHY to play both a sequel and handheld version in some form.

And also because it's one of the PS2's best games

Tenbatsu

Jonnyram said:
Nintendo's Project HAMMER cancelled

As long as Day of Disaster is still in the making its fine.
Disaster--Day-of-Crisis-1.jpg

mutsu

ethelred said:
Namco can't catch a break. First Tempest goes up against FF3, now Innocence goes up against Lost Odyssey.

It can't be that bad considering that LO is on 360 and FF3 was on DS... different platform = slightly different audience.

They are both RPGs alright but I don't think it's gonna hurt Namco much.

Lost Odyssey 6 December

Isn't this almost the exact same date as BD last year? Either way, super excited!! But my question is: how far off away is the US version (didn't he want a simultaneous release?)

Ryu ga Gotoku's new platform theoretically solves almost every concern I had about the first game. Now if only Sega could be convinced to release it here...

Tristam

Saitou said:
No news on Day of Disaster?

Hopefully cancelling HAMMER means freeing up people for DoD. DO IT NINTENDO

Well HAMMER was being handled by NST and Disaster by MonolithSoft. One is a North American developer and the other Japanese, so I'm not sure if HAMMER's cancellation really "freed up" anyone for Disaster.

Saitou

Banned
Tristam said:
Well HAMMER was being handled by NST and Disaster by MonolithSoft. One is a North American developer and the other Japanese, so I'm not sure if HAMMER's cancellation really "freed up" anyone for Disaster.
I coulda sworn they were both being done by MS. Must be the late hour affecting me.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
BANGAIOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i never, never thought we'd see another one -- it's one of my favorite games, as my avatar ought to attest. a portable is kind of a weird choice for a game about millions of tiny projectiles, but i'm sure they'll account for it. i hope we get another awesome engrish localization -- that was such a big part of the dreamcast version's appeal

Haunted

Jonnyram said:
PSP | Hajime no Ippo Portable
ESP
This winter
- story mode features illustrations from the manga
- more than 40 characters make an appearance
nooooo! I need to rent/borrow/buy a PSP whenever this comes out in the west. :(
Jonnyram said:
DS | Bangaioh Tamashii
ESP
This winter
- 4 players via wireless play
- stage editor included
Is this a remake or port or a sequel to the N64/DC games or what?

Tristam

Saitou said:
I coulda sworn they were both being done by MS. Must be the late hour affecting me.

On the bright side it means NST isn't working on a title that looked distinctly mediocre. Of course, Matt C passed off that rumor that HAMMER was canceled in favor of an "expanded audience" title, so we'll see how it pans out.

Bebpo

Banned
Best famitsu week in forever!

-Bangai-oh is so damn good. If this is anything near the quality of the DC one it'll be awesome. This game was MADE for 2 screens of 2d action and explosions.

-RGG3 + Edo + PS3 power = HOTTTT

-LOST ODYSSEY = DEC 6th = AWESOME X-MAS

ethelred

Tristam said:
On the bright side it means NST isn't working on a title that looked distinctly mediocre. Of course, Matt C passed off that rumor that HAMMER was canceled in favor of an "expanded audience" title, so we'll see how it pans out.

Project Hammer became Project Axed so NST could work on Crossbow Training instead.

Tristam

ethelred said:
Project Hammer became Project Axed so NST could work on Crossbow Training instead.

Sarcasm or no? I guess if any first party team is going to be occupied by development of Link's Crossbow Training, NST is the best choice.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
drohne said:
BANGAIOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i never, never thought we'd see another one -- it's one of my favorite games, as my avatar ought to attest. a portable is kind of a weird choice for a game about millions of tiny projectiles, but i'm sure they'll account for it. i hope we get another awesome engrish localization -- that was such a big part of the dreamcast version's appeal

As for me it is excited so very because of bangaioh perhaps I can upset my pants exactly. As for this is a certain thing which news fucking I of the just the majority you are surprised hear in my life

Saitou

Banned
Haunted One said:
Stop passing Anihawk jokes off as fact.

It's true, isn't it.
:lol
I too hate it when ethel goes into Anihawk-clone mode, but I do believe he has a point there.

Also, I think sp0rsk's brain has melted.

ethelred

Saitou said:
I too hate it when ethel goes into Anihawk-clone mode, but I do believe he has a point there.

I'm not a clone of anybody. I'm also not joking.

You can feel free to laugh if you like, only in the sense that it's deeply funny what Nintendo's doing -- but I'm not joking.

TreIII

Saitou said:
Also, I think sp0rsk's brain has melted.

I can understand fully. This has indeed been a good couple of weeks for guys like us. Kunio-kun Dodge Ball last month, consistent ASH bulletins, lots of good stuff in between...and now Treasure went and made a friggin' sequel to BANGAIOH.

This is easily going to be probably one of the best TGS's in a good long while. I can see that already.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
B.K. said:
What's a Bangaioh?

The fact that none of that is load every of wa of missles is shot has formed meaning is the game. In addition the fruit is gathered.

Top Bottom