• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of the news of Japanese of the glory of Bangaioh of yak the 3 of this week mag

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jonnyram said:
Sega:
Unannounced titles? Nothing special.
Events? RGG3 and Shiren 3 events.
Things to look out for? Playable Valkyrie, Shiren 3, Nights etc.

Hmm..kind of thought Samba might be revealed.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
Bandai Namco:
Unannounced titles? No.

Lame.

Square Enix:
Unannounced titles? There may well be a surprise. Please check out the event hall.

Well, we already know they're going to have at least one, and probably more than one, Kingdom Hearts spinoff there.

Konami:
Unannounced titles? A mysterious new titles will be revealed!

Suikoden VI... please! :(

MS:
Unannounced titles? It's still secret. Please look forward to the actual day.

Given Microsoft's recent track record from E3 and last night, they'll probably surprise us all with the shocking new announcement of Halo 3.

Level-5:
Unannounced titles? Nothing special.

Aw, I thought they hinted they'd have one more new game to unveil at TGS?

Things to look out for? The special demo ROM already revealed last week.

Someone needs to get me one of these.

Saitou

Banned
Vic said:
Nope, the lack of fighting games is one of the biggest hole in the DS library that need to be fixed. The same with hockey games.
MK3U with online vs and MK Puzzle Fighter strongly disagree.

Although I do wish for a real Guilty Gear game on the DS, I don't think ArcSys like handhelds very much.

ethelred

Also, the DS still has tons of huge gaping holes in its library that need to be filled before it can be counted up there with the truly great consoles. I'm not too concerned because with the direction it's going, it seems to be shaping up as the true successor of the SNES... nevertheless, the gaps are still here.

kay

Jonnyram said:
Actually it's been mentioned, but I think you're misinterpreting it too... Famitsu just mentioned the PS3 version, but there's been plenty of times where they've failed to mention the 360 version of a multi-platform release. Don't take it as final word just yet.

Also, VF5 on 360 is playable at TGS for some reason. I dunno if that means it will come out here or not.
It seems too likely that it won't though, Konami hasn't really listed it on their site yet even though it's almost complete.. seems strange. Sega Japan doesn't even have VF5 listed on their Xbox 360 section either.

http://virtuafighter5.jp/ -Looking at that, you'd think there was only one version.. minus arcade

I don't think SH4 xbox version came out in Japan, did it? 2 did I believe.

Jonnyram

kay said:
It seems too likely that it won't though, Konami hasn't really listed it on their site yet even though it's almost complete.. seems strange. Sega Japan doesn't even have VF5 listed on their Xbox 360 section either.

http://virtuafighter5.jp/ -Looking at that, you'd think there was only one version.. minus arcade
Technically speaking, Famitsu isn't out yet, so I'm not surprised :p
Besides which, these public sites rarely get updated. Oh look no Gundam Musou International on the Bandai site:
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/games/games_x360.html

But it's coming out.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Suikoden 6 for the DS with Suikoden 2 graphics and suikoden 5 battle system please.

kay

Well yeah, they didn't list it because it didn't come out in the region! It could very well be the same thing in this case.

Jonnyram

kay said:
Well yeah, they didn't list it because it didn't come out in the region! It could very well be the same thing in this case.
Gundam Musou International is coming out in Japan on October 25. It's been scheduled for a few weeks now. Are you trying to stir?

ethelred

Error said:
Suikoden 6 for the DS with Suikoden 2 graphics and suikoden 5 battle system please.

I'm sure half of GAF would sob for hours, but I'd have no complaints with that. Hell, it'd probably look better than Suikoden V.

kay

Jonnyram said:
Gundam Musou International is coming out in Japan on October 25. It's been scheduled for a few weeks now. Are you trying to stir?
Stir? No.. I didn't know it was.. but the gundam-musou.jp site DOES list it now that I checked :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ethelred said:
I'm sure half of GAF would sob for hours, but I'd have no complaints with that. Hell, it'd probably look better than Suikoden V.
as much as Im enjoying the game I admit the graphics are atrocious and I dont see that changing with even more powerful hw.

Bebpo

Banned
Is there a scan of the MMV game btw? I figure it'll be a shitty MMV Cavia type game or something, but would like to be surprised.

kay

Bebpo said:
Is there a scan of the MMV game btw? I figure it'll be a shitty MMV Cavia type game or something, but would like to be surprised.
Nope, just the very little info.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Saitou said:
MK3U with online vs and MK Puzzle Fighter strongly disagree.

Although I do wish for a real Guilty Gear game on the DS, I don't think ArcSys like handhelds very much.
Don't worry, I didn't forgot UMK3. I'm mostly ranting about the lack of Capcom and SNK fighting games. I'm getting fucking impatient, waiting for those games. Since it's Capcom USA that direct the Street Fighter series, maybe UMK3 will influence them in working on a DS game...

Twig

Banned
creamsugar said:
Super Mario Galaxy
Oi, I see "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" in the SMG half of those scans in that little box with the release date. With the "Wii" next to it. (Right below the big colorful title!) My knowledge of Japanese is limited to hiragana and katakana and a couple kanji and so very few words. Does the article mention anything about it? Is it limited stuff maybe like the MP3 achievements or is it full-blown 2-player? I'd like to know before I get excited. O:

EDIT: Also what is that DS game. It's from Genius Sonority, which makes it maybe interesting. Even if not interesting to me personally.

Oh and what's the title of this truck game: http://img22.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=81115_viploader479085_122_660lo.jpg

It doesn't particularly look interesting, but it says BATTLE which is of course cool.

CaVaYeRo

titiklabingapat said:
Is...is that News Channel Help Cat in the second pic?

I wish they used the SSBB Peach model.

Hmm I have just noticed that they're using the MP8 art, so... we still have to wait for the Galaxy Peach!

Axord

TheOneGuy said:
Oi, I see "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" in the SMG half of those scans in that little box with the release date. With the "Wii" next to it. (Right below the big colorful title!)
That is interesting indeed--though I'd expect no more than maybe a leaderboard for fastest times or similar.

Desiderus

Soul Calibur IV

Was so thinking the Girl was a create-a-soul character. Too bad.

Got from evilgenius.us that got them from somewhere.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jonnyram said:
Capcom:
Unannounced titles? Please look forward to the Capcom booth on the day.
Events? There will be events related to the games they're showing.
Things to look out for? In addition to DMC and RE, new titles like We Love Golf and Treasure Hunter Z. Everything will be playable.

Another Phoenix Wright themed booth?

Tenbatsu

TheOneGuy said:
Oi, I see "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" in the SMG half of those scans in that little box with the release date. With the "Wii" next to it. (Right below the big colorful title!) My knowledge of Japanese is limited to hiragana and katakana and a couple kanji and so very few words. Does the article mention anything about it? Is it limited stuff maybe like the MP3 achievements or is it full-blown 2-player? I'd like to know before I get excited. O:

EDIT: Also what is that DS game. It's from Genius Sonority, which makes it maybe interesting. Even if not interesting to me personally.

Oh and what's the title of this truck game: http://img22.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=81115_viploader479085_122_660lo.jpg

It doesn't particularly look interesting, but it says BATTLE which is of course cool.

Never state anything, just that the game supports Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Desiderus said:
Soul Calibur IV

Was so thinking the Girl was a create-a-soul character. Too bad.

Got from evilgenius.us that got them from somewhere.

Holy shit that looks nice! They have REALLY improved the lighting/environments as they said they would!

Soul Calibur IV = First True Next-Gen Fighting Game!

kay

That's great news, Spy Fiction WAS corny which is why it was an awesome game. It was a total parody of other things, most recognizable was Metal Gear Solid. The gameplay is very similar to MGS3 (not too polished) but it is still good enough to go through it. You would swear it was the exact same engine. Also, the story is told really well even if corny and cliched! I'll never forget this awesome cutscene near the end.. I don't want to spoil it. It's basically a clone and a fan of MGS3 should like it. Glad Access Games isn't dead, expect a quality title in this one.

duckroll

kay said:
That's great news, Spy Fiction WAS corny which is why it was an awesome game. It was a total parody of other things, most recognizable was Metal Gear Solid. The gameplay is very similar to MGS3 (not too polished) but it is still good enough to go through it. You would swear it was the exact same engine. Also, the story is told really well even if corny and cliched! I'll never forget this awesome cutscene near the end.. I don't want to spoil it. It's basically a clone and a fan of MGS3 should like it. Glad Access Games isn't dead, expect a quality title in this one.

Cool. Thanks.

Twig

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Never state anything, just that the game supports Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.
Aw. Oh well, thanks.

What about the DS game? Anyone know what that DS game in the SMG scans is?

7Th

So new SC4 characters announced and only 4 posts dedicated to them? I have only one thing to say...

Bangai-Oh!

jarrod

Banned
Intereting that they're Conspiracy's title translation for the english "Bangaio Spirits"... maybe they've got a western release already lined up?

Top Bottom