• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new titles in Capcom leak

This sounds more like the Capcom I used to know. That bring said, the Capcom I used to know has been gone for awhile. So I'll wait and see for these titles. If the leak is true.

RexNovis

Banned
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if these are true they are likely to be very low budget games. Capcom just does not go big anymore these days. Even their biggest IP received a much lower budget release than previous titles. So, while I am excited by the concepts I'm also keeping in mind that the scope for these projects is likely to be very limited.

BTHR Zero X

Eden = E.D.N. III which is the name of the Planet from Lost Planet it was called Eden in LP3.

T-Eng = Thermal Energy so again Lost Planet again

So I think Broken Horizon is a code name for it.

Maybe it is set after Lost Planet 2 and the release of the T-Eng after the near extinction event.

Gren

Not holding my breath, but I'd like for them to stop playing it safe & get back to introducing new IP again.

Didn't consider RE7 as risky as a new IP considering the market for horror hasn't gone away; I was certainly surprised that they actually pulled it off well after so long.

Knights of aegis sounds like what the order could have been when it was first shown

LOL I thought the same thing. There's no doubt in my mind that Knights of Aegis is based on the unfilled potential of The Order 1886 and giving people what they actually wanted.

Sayad

Yes, I'm pretty sure Capcom is working on three AAA new IPs/spin-offs when their last big budget new IP attempt turned into vapoware. Very legit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Given Capcom's recent output and budgets, I find it hard to believe that they're investing in three new IPs for consoles.

That said, holy hell I want Knights of Aegis to be real.

Shaneus

At least one of these sounds somewhat arcadey. Sign me up.

I'd die if Capcom did a 2D (or 2.5D) beat 'em up in the style of AvP.

SkyOdin

I have no idea if this leak is real or not, and a healthy dose of skepticism is necessary, but I would love another Co-op focused Lost Planet game. Lost Planet 2 was one of my favorite games of the last generation.

leroidys

Knights of Aegis sounds gloriously stupid. I need it yesterday.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Capcom is working on three AAA new IPs/spin-offs when their last big budget new IP attempt turned into vapoware. Very legit.

Where did you get AAA from? If anything these sound like Umbrella Corps tier games.

Kazuhira

The day i see Dino Crisis in one of the these leaks my balls are gonna explode,i need my fucking dinosaurs.
Btw those games sound cool, especially Knights of Aegis.

blakep267

Hate to be the bearer of bad news it if these are true they are likely to be very low budget games. Cap on just does not go big anymore these days. Even their biggest IP received a much lower budget release than previous titles. So, while I am excited by the concepts I'm also keeping in mind that the scope for these projects is likely to be very limited.
Either that or they are funded by either Sony or MS( they could still be smaller even then)

Zukkoyaki

Where did you get AAA from? If anything these sound like Umbrella Corps tier games.
Your thoughts echo mine. We know that Capcom is trying to reign in dev costs and production times so games in the more A or AA mold would fit within that vision.

Though if they are real and AAA then that's ballsy as hell.

New York City in 1974 sounds like an interesting setting
Yes it does

travolta-strut-o.gif

RexNovis

Banned
Either that or they are funded by either Sony or MS( they could still be smaller even then)

Well Sony in part helped to fund development of SFV and it was still a very low budget rushed affair regardless. I doubt external funding wills change much at all unless it's given both a very large cash infusion and a significant amount of time for development.

Playsage

Broken Horizon is blatantly a new Lost Planet

Knights of Aegis could be their solution to continue the "Resident Evil 6" action shooter mechanics by going "DMC" with them

No feelings for the third one

So:

DMC without the name

Lost Planet successor...

...And a game that honestly just sounds like Mass Effect based on that elevator-pitch.

I'm skeptical of the legitimacy of this, if only cause it seems generic enough that it could be published by anyone, and tries maybe too hard to lean in on fan-favourites when it comes to stuff like T-Eng being namedropped and Knights of the Aegis honestly just sounding like a new DMC.

A) DMC mixed with the Order 1886's premise
B) Repurposing of unused Lost Planet code and unused concept work
C) Yeh, a Capcom Mass Effect.

...I am potentially in for any and all of these.
Still want DMC5 in future as well tho
. Hopefully they don't turn out to be mobile game bullshit.

Can't we just let DMC die?

Heresy.

Top Bottom