• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thuway says Ninokuni 2 is being developed for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rising_Hei

If there's a Ninokuni 2 being developed... please, make the game faster and more dinamic and the previous one, it was so slow that it hurt my patiente

Shahed

While I enjoyed Ni No Kuni to an extent and would play the sequel if it exists, they need to make a few changes. The game fell away towards the end. Not sure if it was pacing or something else but by the last third I just wanted to finish it. Sidequests could use more variety, especially the pieces of heart which got old fast. It was also too much of a grind getting new familiars up and running.

Still the presentation was fantastic and a PS4 version would be amazing

OmegaDL50

Well this is interesting.

I enjoyed Ni no Kuni, so I got something to look forward to when I get my PS4 eventually. (Of course depending this is indeed confirmed by an official rep of Level 5)

Not that I'm doubting the credibility of the news contributor based on his history, just erring on the side of caution.

Usobuko

Banned
I think the more interesting question is, after Persona 5 for PS3 announcement, will any JRPG fans still give Xbox One another look? Short run money hat exclusive might become a stigma to these people.

Then again, Microsoft probably won't ever bother this time and the market has shifted heavily in the recent years.

thuway

A - I never said exclusive to PS4, it's cross gen, I guess it depends on PS4 sales.
B - The same person told me Persona 5 was a PS4 title and cross-gen and we all know how that turned out.
C- This doesn't deserve it's own thread. Everyone under the sun knows Ni No Kuni 2 is coming out. 1.4 million sold, they are going to milk it for all its worth.

A - I never said exclusive to PS4, it's cross gen, I guess it depends on PS4 sales.
B - The same person told me Persona 5 was a PS4 title and cross-gen and we all know how that turned out.
C- This doesn't deserve it's own thread. Everyone under the sun knows Ni No Kuni 2 is coming out. 1.4 million sold, they are going to milk it for all its worth.

Cross-gen? Grrrr...

squall211

I think the more interesting question is, after Persona 5 for PS3 announcement, will any JRPG fans still give Xbox One another look? Short run money hat exclusive might become a stigma to these people.

Then again, Microsoft probably won't ever bother this time and the market has shifted heavily in the recent years.

I can only speak for myself, but as an RPG fan I have about as little interest in the Xbone as humanly possible. I'm pretty confident I can get my console gaming fix with a PS4/PC combo this gen.

I'll probably ignore this until I get some impressions of a drastically improved battle system, story and characters. Ni no Kuni was as gorgeous looking as it was uninteresting and dull.

Some Nobody

That list of JRPGs indicates to me that my time with them may have come to an end, sadly. I have the vaguest hope we'll get some new console JRPGs for gen 8, but that's all they are at the moment.

Soriku

OK thanks for the info. If that's all, guess a mod can lock the thread now?

thuway

And can we lock this thread? I know nothing more, I was told cross gen Persona, it's PS3 only. Send your angry tweets to yosp and atlus_jp.

Eusis

I actually do wonder if P5 cross gen is still planned, just quietly unannounced for Japanese release because the system will have just come out (or not even be out!) by the time P5 is released. Would be more useful in the US I think, doubly so if there's no plans for an Xbox 360 version. And if they plan to seriously use blu-ray better to leave that out of the loop probably.

With PS4's easier development I hope devs can start making lots of great games right away, the kind we usually have to wait several years for.

Darryl

Banned
This is surprising. It didn't seem like something that was gonna get franchised off to me. Looked like a one-off.

Eusis

With PS4's easier development I hope devs can start making lots of great games right away, the kind we usually have to wait several years for.
It's the only reason, combined with what may be the smallest subjective graphical jump yet, that we may see some of these niche JRPGs go PS3/PS4 rather than just PS3. You couldn't get a game like P3 to be sold at full price on PS3 most likely nor P4 (possibly not released at all actually), but a lot of these late PS3 games would probably not look too badly out of place upressed and maybe with higher FPSes on PS4 or XB1. Ni No Kuni's obvious, but that can even extend to something like the Atelier games, first PS3 one aside.

Ninokuni 2 for the 3DS, followed by PS4 remaster. I can see that happening.

Hard to believe they would make a sequel exclusive for PS4, or PS3.

Eusis

Ninokuni 2 for the 3DS, followed by PS4 remaster. I can see that happening.

Hard to believe they would make a sequel exclusive for PS4, or PS3.
No, it'd probably be PS4 only. Ni No Kuni wasn't particularly successful on DS, and even if it hit 3DS the PS4 game would be more a full blown remake, go look at the 3DS game relative to the PS3 one.

Was there a 3DS version?

there was a DS version in Japan, it came with a book for doing spells lol

ni-no-kuni-book-and-box-art.jpg

Yuterald

Eh, Ni-no-Kuni was one of the most disappointing/overrated RPGs I've played in the longest time. Hopefully they'll have studied proper monster raising/breeding RPGs/games and hired some new battle/AI/systems programmers since then.

Excellent news. I had to tear my 11 yr old away from Ni No Kuni so I could sell the PS3 and buy the PS4. He's been watching youtube videos of the game ever since to get his fix. He was so happy to learn that he will get to play a new Ni No Kuni on the PS4!

Sheroking

Eh, Ni-no-Juni was one of the most disappointing/overrated RPGs I've played in the longest time. Hopefully they'll have studied proper monster raising/breeding RPGs/games and hired some new battle/AI/systems programmers since then.

I'll be honest with you: This was one of the few games where the depth of the gameplay was a steep second to me.

It was fun. It didn't need to be mechanically great to be one of my favorite games of the generation.

Tusk

Eh, Ni-no-Juni was one of the most disappointing/overrated RPGs I've played in the longest time. Hopefully they'll have studied proper monster raising/breeding RPGs/games and hired some new battle/AI/systems programmers since then.

Welp, that's your opinion. :p
In my opinion, it's one of the most amazing, and one of the most beautiful games I've played. I had no problem with it, and loved every single bit of it. I will agree on the battling though. I got used to it pretty fast, but I've seen others play, and it did seem struggling for them.

Edit: Seriously can't wait for 2 if this is true.

stevil

As an strategy or action rpg it is not the best, but the visuals and the detailed world the feeling of walking in a studio ghibly anime always puts a smile on my face. The story, world, characters and cut scenes are better then most belongs to the top. Still found it more challenging at times than Skyrim

No, it'd probably be PS4 only. Ni No Kuni wasn't particularly successful on DS, and even if it hit 3DS the PS4 game would be more a full blown remake, go look at the 3DS game relative to the PS3 one.
NDS 177,249 / 569,443

Hino said it was successful, sure most copies were sold in the bargain bin but that's probably because the package was fucking huge and retailers wanted to get rid of it. The game was a slow burner.

PS3 68,521 / 114,853

Bomba despite Sony and Level 5 pushing it hard. It sold really well here in the west but Level 5 is a Japanese publisher so they need to make money domestically. It's their primary business.

Eusis

NDS 177,249 / 569,443

Hino said it was successful, sure most copies were sold in the bargain bin but that's probably because the package was fucking huge and retailers wanted to get rid of it. The game was a slow burner.

PS3 68,521 / 114,853

Bomba despite Sony and Level 5 pushing it hard. It sold really well here in the west but Level 5 is a Japanese publisher so they need to make money domestically. It's their primary business.
Ah right, and they'd avoid the book this time. So a similar situation could well happen again.

Yuterald

I'll be honest with you: This was one of the few games where the depth of the gameplay was a steep second to me.

It was fun. It didn't need to be mechanically great to be one of my favorite games of the generation.

Yeah, I mean, there were things I enjoyed about the game too, but some of the systems in that game were broken (like boss moves cancelling your spell casting) that are inexcusable. The AI was beyond hopeless too and the monster raising side of the game was garbage compared to pretty much every other monster breeding game out there (SMT, Pokemon, Jade Cocoon, even). That's also on top of the fact that the game had disappointing dungeons and missed opportunities with the spells for the puzzles (including one of the worst final dungeons I've ever seen in an RPG). For me, all the gameplay systems distracted me from whatever good that was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom