• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thuway says Ninokuni 2 is being developed for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

He was willing to spill the beans so I hope this is OK to post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91099856&postcount=3550

Eh, there are some JRPG's in the pipeline for Sony. Ni No Kuni 2, some new Tales game, FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3. You'll get your love, but Atlus isn't stupid enough to urinate on their entire fanbase.

Edit:

A - I never said exclusive to PS4, it's cross gen, I guess it depends on PS4 sales.
B - The same person told me Persona 5 was a PS4 title and cross-gen and we all know how that turned out.
C- This doesn't deserve it's own thread. Everyone under the sun knows Ni No Kuni 2 is coming out. 1.4 million sold, they are going to milk it for all its worth.

TripleSun

You're really gonna call him out on this and make a whole thread? Okay.

They said they wanted to if sales were good but if they actually will, who knows.

Soriku

You're really gonna call him out on this and make a whole thread? Okay.

They said they wanted to if sales were good but if they actually will, who knows.

Insider stuff gets new threads all the time.

Of course if there's a problem, just lock the thread.

Bishop89

shit-just-got-real.jpg

i kinda liked where they stopped with Ninokuni on DS. The PS3 version extends on that but thats also where the story gets shitty in my opinion. Hopefully this time they will make the story better.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Ninokuni 2...on PS4?!?
It could be bad for sales in Japan, given how the PS3 SKU sold badly, but overseas it did quite well. I thought it could be possibly for 3DS, since it would have meant great sales in Japan and good sales here as well (Japanese games can sell well on the platform in the West)...but oh God the possibilities :O

HeelPower

fantastic...Ni No Kuni was a magical experience..with improvements and changes I can't even comprehend how awesome it would be.

The game claimed me back in February.

"Insider".

It's as if half of GAF is Japanese and works for Sony/Square/Nintendo/Bamco.

Might want to check the past of the poster you're criticizing seeing as how you've been here for three months and I don't think you've seen thuway's credibility.

Yes! Yes! I can't imagine how ridiculous the graphics would be for this. I am enjoying Ninokuni anyway, need to put some more time on it. Ghibli on PS4 would be incredible.

wmlk

Might want to check the past of the poster you're criticizing seeing as how you've been here for three months and I don't think you've seen thuway's credibility.

Oh, I know his credibility, but that's still a strong claim to be making. Even with people like Verendus we've only gotten hearsay.

Cool. Maybe I should get around to playing the first one. I bought it day 1 but never opened it and ended up selling it after about a month.

Great news if true, was an absolutely magical game. Got lost in the grind a bit, but that's a refreshing change of pace for a 2013 RPG.

Footos22

25 hours into the first one. Only started last week. It's fantastic.they really need to improve the combat though. Basically its the 3d pokemon Nintendo haven't even bothered to make.

He also said this and has been posting Persona PS4 incoming type of posts in the other thread for days
Take it easy fellas, I don't know if it's being announced today. Persona 5 PS4 tho

After todays announcements its highly unlikely there is any work on P5 for PS4 and I doubt he knows anything about a future Ninokuni.

Soriku

He also said this and has been posting Persona PS4 incoming type of posts in the other thread for days

After todays announcements its highly unlikely there is any work on P5 for PS4 and I doubt he knows anything about a future Ninokuni.

He said right after that he doesn't actually know anything about P5. And they've been working on P5 for years...

It'd be incredible if the story revolved around an older Oliver. They don't have to lose the charm, but tell a slightly more mature story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom