• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tidux/Foxygames: PS 1st Party just got bigger.

ethomaz

Banned
MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima can be right because Remedy dude just liked the tweet.

alPTOS3.png

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Remedy are a good fit for Sony, but they really don’t need more linear 30fps single player games imo.
They let QuanticDream "go" when they had the chance all along, they are rather similar IMO.
Neither are setting the world on fire, if anything QD would have been a better purchase because they do more with less (financially) so would be more profitable I think.
Also every time I asked about Tidux people here said he's full of shit and doesn't know anything (got the same response over at QQera when I used it), so I'm keeping that in mind.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Based on sales, hell no.
How much Remedy games sold?
I don't think it was bad like ou seems to imply.

Edit - I just checked:

Max Payne > 7 million
Alan Wake > 4.5 million

I can't find data about others games but that doesn't look bad sales... the opposite a lot of 1st party studios didn't sell that.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
They have a lot of potential and their games are not bad, although i still need to finish Control on PC (got it free with 2080 Super), otherwise i wouldn't have purchased the game. They already have a lot of experience right now with ray tracing, so i'm curious what they can create if they develop for only one console!

I do think they are a larger studio then Ninja Theory.

demigod

I can't remember one good game from Ninja Theory imo.
You can't say that about Remedy.

True, I've never played Hellblade but the last 2 Remedy games have been duds.

With Sony's funding, they can make Alan Wake 2 good hopefully.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
True, I've never played Hellblade but the last 2 Remedy games have been duds.
I think Quantum Break suffered with the misdirection with TV shows tied to MS needs at time.
It is a good game but that change of focus shows across the game.

Control is probably a multiplatform clone of Quantum Break... just like Dark Souls it lacks the charisma and atmosphere of the first game.

I can remember Ninja Theory best game being maybe the average imo and hyper controversial Devil May Cry reeboot.
Heavenly Sword and Hellblade looks ok.

Last edited:
It's no secret that Sony developers trade tech/knowledge all the time. If Remedy has access to the brain trust, I trust them to make a good game. I never played Quantum Break or Control because I just haven't had the time to dive into those titles, but I've never heard bad things about those games, just also haven't heard a ton of good things. I could definitely go for a sequel to Alan Wake, especially if the vision gets enhanced as a result of Sony's collaboration between studios.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I think Quantum Break suffered with the misdirection with TV shows tied to MS needs at time.
It is a good game but that change of focus shows across the game.

Control is probably a multiplatform clone of Quantum Break... just like Dark Souls it lacks the charisma and atmosphere of the first game.

I can remember Ninja Theory best game being maybe the average imo and hyper controversial Devil May Cry reeboot.
Heavenly Sword and Hellblade looks ok.
Most people argue that Control is superior to Quantum Break.

GymWolf

Remedy is about on par with Ninja Theory.
NT doesn't have anything near the quality or the gaming weight of the first 2 max payne games in their catalog.

and even control or alan wake are arguably on par or better than anything that comes out from NT, i'm not hating on NT (i'm hyped for senua 2) but these are facts.

their better games are senua, dmc, heavenly sword and ensalved, not exactly gotg or goty tier games...

Last edited:

GymWolf

I don't know... maybe due Quantum Break being exclusive to Xbox.
They are very similar.
nah, control is better in almost any way.

better controls (lol), better combat, better plot (or at least on par), better bosses, better progression.

and i bought a fucking xbox for quantum before microsoft annunce of porting all esclusive on pc...

Last edited:

Elios83

Got a terrible feeling that it's Quantic Dreams.
Hope I'm wrong.

giphy.gif

Definetly wrong considering that they dropped them (likely because both Beyond and Detroit failed to reach the expected critical and commercial targets plus the studio got hit with lawsuits and tons of stories about a toxic working environment).

About this news...I don't know if the sources are trustworthy, actually I know that Tidux definetly isn't :p
But at this point the safest bets are Blue Point and Kojima Productions.
Many people continue to mention Remedy and I guess it might happen but it wouldn't be the typical Sony acquisition story, Sony typically buys studios with a common story of success together. Remedy doesn't qualify.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Remedy have the talent and know how to make a damn good game, it’s just they seem to have not been firing in all cylinders in recent times.

The most annoying thing about this is that it kills Alan Wake off. If they make it PS5 exclusive that’s going to anger a lot of people. Not even sure they can? Likewise Max Payne.

Shifty1897

How much Remedy games sold?
I don't think it was bad like ou seems to imply.

Edit - I just checked:

Max Payne > 7 million
Alan Wake > 4.5 million

I can't find data about others games but that doesn't look bad sales... the opposite a lot of 1st party studios didn't sell that.

Control we know bombed. It didn't chart in the US top 20 NPD in its release month or any other subsequent month.

Do we think it's Remedy because of the liked tweet? I'd like to point out the "bit" quote in the tweet... All the letters of Bit fit into Bluepoint, and are in order 🙃

Last edited:
Is Remedy a good acquisition?
Right now they aren't a big AAA team, so depends. They have a good potential and could make a good match with traditional sony's style of games (third person, single player story driven games).
Partnering with WWS could lead to a massive upgrade in scope, ambition, budget and possibilities, but not always this is synonymous with success.

Bryank75

Banned
I hope it's not something like Capcom.

Their games are amazing and the should be available to all platforms.

I think an struggling studio would be for the best.
If they were just aiming to win the generation, buying capcom would be a huge step towards it.

To keep good publicity, they could publish RE titles on PC.

Monster Hunter and Street Fighter would probably go exclusive though imo.

GHG

Is Remedy a good acquisition?

Their biggest shortcoming this gen has been performance. If somebody can help them clean that up then they could fly.

I'm not sure it's what Sony need however, they already have plenty of studios who do similar things to them.

Top Bottom