• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tidux/Foxygames: PS 1st Party just got bigger.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Thinking its gonna be Housemarque myself. Would explain the Tom Puha like, and the tweet wondering what they can do with heavyweight backing.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Some are saying Sony wouldn’t take a “Remedy” because they already have similar talent in that style of game.... but sometimes acquisitions like this are just as much about keeping something out of the hands of your competitors as they are about putting them into your own.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 762073

Unconfirmed Member
What gives? I seem to remember him being respected around here. Then again, Im getting older...
He started making up shit or straight up just stating the obvious with a mistery tone to make believe there is more. Now he just spams random shit of which 1 out 3 is correct.

For example this purchase thing, there have been rumours for months that sony is buying and it's pretty obvious that if they did they are announcing it with ps5. Even if they do not and they announce 11 months from now to have bought a studio, he will still claim "told you so"

Elysion

Banned
So far Sony has usually only bought studios with which they already had a good working relationship. Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Sucker Punch and most recently Insomniac were all doing exclusive games for Playstation for years before Sony bought them. That‘s not the case with Remedy, is it? If we‘re talking about a smaller dev, wouldn‘t Ready at Dawn be the more likely choice, since they‘ve been working with Sony before? The same goes for studios like Bluepoint. I‘m not sure what Sony would see in Remedy that they would feel the need to acquire them without any prior relationship.

If Sony is going to acquire a developer they haven‘t worked together with before, then probably only if it‘s a large studio that brings with it a bunch of established, successful franchises that can expand Sony‘s first party catalogue. Which is why I think that Zenimax rumor that was floating around a while ago isn‘t entirely out of the question. While Zenimax is big, and their purchase would be expensive, it wouldn‘t be nearly as expensive as something outrageous like Rockstar, for example.

thelastword

Banned
Definitely.

If they buy Capcom it's game over... Unless MS buys an studio of the same caliber.
If they don't buy Capcom it's still GAME OVER......

What gives? I seem to remember him being respected around here. Then again, Im getting older...
I thought he was a pretty popular poster back in the day, didn't follow his leaks/postings too much, it was just that a bit later I saw many people were a bit antagonistic towards him, I'm thinking maybe because he didn't leak things they favored too much......

Yeah you will be surprised by the PS5 specs and features
Cheers Cheers...….:messenger_sun:

DJ12

I have Very detailed information.

Something special is coming
Seriously now, how about you pass on some "detailed" information to me, and let me post it on your behalf lol

Seems to me all the "insiders" are riding this hype wave without actually posting their colours to a mast so they don't lose the "insider" gimmick when they are wrong.

Bryank75

Banned
So far Sony has usually only bought studios with which they already had a good working relationship. Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Sucker Punch and most recently Insomniac were all doing exclusive games for Playstation for years before Sony bought them. That‘s not the case with Remedy, is it? If we‘re talking about a smaller dev, wouldn‘t Ready at Dawn be the more likely choice, since they‘ve been working with Sony before? The same goes for studios like Bluepoint. I‘m not sure what Sony would see in Remedy that they would feel the need to acquire them without any prior relationship.

If Sony is going to acquire a developer they haven‘t worked together with before, then probably only if it‘s a large studio that brings with it a bunch of established, successful franchises that can expand Sony‘s first party catalogue. Which is why I think that Zenimax rumor that was floating around a while ago isn‘t entirely out of the question. While Zenimax is big, and their purchase would be expensive, it wouldn‘t be nearly as expensive as something outrageous like Rockstar, for example.
Last valuation I see was 2016 at 2.5 Billion, putting them in the same region as Capcom. That would be in line with past Sony acquisitions in terms of pricing.

Of course 4 years have passed and it could have gone either up or down. Particularly with the hard time they've been having lately.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Like some of you, I think Housemarque.

They've been a reliable indie partner for a decade and they provide PS with lower priced indie quality alternatives than just AAA games that take years to come out.

Top Bottom