• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tidux/Foxygames: PS 1st Party just got bigger.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Remedy are a good fit for Sony, but they really don’t need more linear 30fps single player games imo.

Yeah Remedy doesn’t make any sense. What Sony first party needs is diversity in their portfolio. Adding another third person action game does nothing to address that.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I have Very detailed information.

Something special is coming

Let this be a precedence going forward for those trolling as “insiders”. GAF has always had a process since its inception that has been rock solid without burning sources. If anyone wants to be vetted, then PM one of the staff members. Otherwise nip this in the bud now.

CameFromNearFuture CameFromNearFuture PostJan 15, 2020Mar 1, 2020You were warned on several occasions in the past, refused the vetting process, said you would not speak as an �insider� otherwise it comes off as just trolling. Reassess your stance upon your return

Shmunter

No idea, but Remedy seems to need financial help since being abandoned by MS after Quantum Break and Control sales being disappointing despite being a great game.

Remedy under Sony’s wing could shine like never before.

Bluepoint has no proof of being able to deliver a new IP unless they have something exciting brewing that isn’t just a remaster. If not, I’m not sure what the point would be - a remastering house for PS5?

demigod

Capcom is the dream acquisition. I can totally imagine Sony acquiring a massive publisher. The fallout would be legendary.

Edit: Rockstar would also be a "decent" acquisition. :p

Capcom would be huge, they make my favorite games too.

If it's CDProject Red, some people will eat some cornflakes.....As for me, I don't want Sony to buy that dev though, absolutely not.....but it would ruffle some feathers if it happened........Legend has it, that it would be feathers from birds as big as a Griffin........

They’re overrated imo. I don’t see cyberpunk being good.

demigod

Let this be a precedence going forward for those trolling as “insiders”. GAF has always had a process since its inception that has been rock solid without burning sources. If anyone wants to be vetted, then PM one of the staff members. Otherwise nip this in the bud now.

CameFromNearFuture CameFromNearFuture PostJan 15, 2020Mar 1, 2020You were warned on several occasions in the past, refused the vetting process, said you would not speak as an �insider� otherwise it comes off as just trolling. Reassess your stance upon your return

Damn that’s harsh, poor guy won’t be able to interact on GAF when Sony reveals the PS5 in Feb, assuming they do. Btw did you vet Henry Clark yet? He’s been dropping infos in the other thread the past week.

kretos

Banned
Let's be realistic people it's not gonna be Capcom, CDPR, Bethesda or any of the big publishers, and i certainly don't want Sony or MS to buy any of these unless they are in trouble

it's probably Bluepoint or Remedy

//DEVIL//

some of the expectations here are just amazingly ..... i do not want to say a bad word but fuck man...

Capcom ? CDPR ? Bethesda ? jesus fuck..

Was happy reading the thread but some of the replies.. I need to get the fuck out of this thread because the percentage of some here using the brain for few seconds here is dangerously low..i can't handle it.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Has anyone mentioned Quantic Dream yet? They’ve made some pretty good PS exclusives, I could see that happening.

Netease bought some of them already so I’d say they are off the table.

Mriverz

The fallout it would cause if it was truly zenimax would be absurd. I can see the picket signs and riots now 😂. Rem would be cool they have such a amazing talent and control despite the sales was fun. BP seems heavily devoted in to remaking games with their own touch and could see alot of ps classic re made. (Legends of dragoon pleaseee).

Last edited:
Foxy is the guy that made a long ass video about how the Vita 2 was in R&D and they where sending dev kits out, he did it after Hiroyuki Oda went out and said that the they would stop production of the vita and there was no plans for a follow up. So it made it so much more funny. Guy is a moron lol

Jaxcellent

Remedy and Bluepoint would both be great additions to the Playstation family, with alittle Sony care and attention Remedy could really make something special. Bluepoint is a no brainer really, better pick them up before Msoft or google does, Microsoft I could live with but google.. not so much...

draliko

I still don't get why you guys hope for acquisition of studios that are doing fine, I hope they eventually help some troubled talent, not Bethesda... I don't get why you don't like free studios, i prefer that they remain independent even if doing an exclusive game (a La from software)

D

Deleted member 762073

Unconfirmed Member
I thought he was a pretty popular poster back in the day, didn't follow his leaks/postings too much, it was just that a bit later I saw many people were a bit antagonistic towards him, I'm thinking maybe because he didn't leak things they favored too much......
No mate, we are not as childish as you are, he simply posts whatever rumor he hears without checking sources or nothing.

If you have a look at his twitter half of the leak are either obvious or absolutely bonkers.

He just likes the spotlight and does everything to keep it.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, he still is a shit insider

I still don't get why you guys hope for acquisition of studios that are doing fine, I hope they eventually help some troubled talent, not Bethesda... I don't get why you don't like free studios, i prefer that they remain independent even if doing an exclusive game (a La from software)

Honestly, at this point I'd just like to see a real game company snag them before Google does. But yes, free is great. Google is worse.

thelastword

Banned
Damn that’s harsh, poor guy won’t be able to interact on GAF when Sony reveals the PS5 in Feb, assuming they do. Btw did you vet Henry Clark yet? He’s been dropping infos in the other thread the past week.
Yeah, that hit hard......Is it that you have to be vetted to share some info or do you have to be an insider to share some info?

Ha! not sure what you have against Henry, to me he is just enthusiastic about the PS5 specs and perhaps has an inkling that specs will be better than the whole 9.2TF businesss circulating out there.....Haven't seen too many of his posts beyond that, since I'm not regularly in the Next Gen thread....

CJY

Banned
some of the expectations here are just amazingly ..... i do not want to say a bad word but fuck man...

Capcom ? CDPR ? Bethesda ? jesus fuck..

Was happy reading the thread but some of the replies.. I need to get the fuck out of this thread because the percentage of some here using the brain for few seconds here is dangerously low..i can't handle it.
Not sure why you think a large industry acquisition by the market leader is so questionable in a world where Disney is sweeping up almost all of the competition. Pixar for $7b, Lucasfilm for $4b, Marvel for $4b, Fox for $71b.

Both Capcom and Rockstar could be purchased for ~$4-5b each. In fairness, what do you think is better value? Lucasfilm for $4b or Capcom for $4b? I'll let you decide.

Sony are said to have bid for Fox in the region of $20b, so they do have money to throw around for the right purchase.

Of course, we are talking about two different industries, Movies VS. Gaming, but all acquisitions of this scope would need to go through corporate HQ and I'm sure Sony HQ aren't blind to the fact that PlayStation is their biggest money-earner and the division is more profitable than at any other time in its history and they will do anything to ensure success for future generations of the business.

To be honest, a single studio acquisition is small beans in today's market. Sony purchased Insomniac and it barely moved the needle whatsoever. While the price was undisclosed, I think Bluepoint, Remedy or any other single studio would barely register as anything more than a blip.

Industry consolidation is an inevitability, whether you like it or not.

Furthermore, every other console generation Sony has had a trump card, first with CD, then with DVD and then Blu-ray. What I mean is that Sony had something to entice potential customers and the new media formats offered Sony additional revenue streams, predominantly Movie sales. This isn't the case anymore so Sony's primary focus is on games, games, games. A single studio acquisition, while good for fans of PlayStation won't register greatly with the general public or shareholders, so the purchase of a prominent publisher makes too much sense.

You also should not discount the fact that Sony have moved their PlayStation HQ to San Mateo, Cali. US. They are no longer HQ'ed in Japan. US is the land of the merger and acquisitions, so the idea of Sony purchasing another publisher is a question of when, not if. The industry might be another decade/generation away from serious consolidation, but again, it's simply inevitable.

Ar¢tos

Remedy and Bluepoint would both be great additions to the Playstation family, with alittle Sony care and attention Remedy could really make something special. Bluepoint is a no brainer really, better pick them up before Msoft or google does, Microsoft I could live with but google.. not so much...
Bluepoint are the remaster masters (and remakes), its what they like to do and what they have evolved their engine /tools to do.
What use could MS have for them?
Remastering Gears 1 or Halo 1 to release after Gears 6 or Halo 6?
MS doesn't own the IPs of many of the exclusive games from the original Xbox and 360 era (like Alan Wake) and their most famous games of previous gens are playable via BC, reducing the value of remastering them.
Google doesn't even have content of their own yet to even think of remastering.
Sony on the other hand is sitting on a ton of forgotten IPs that could get new life.

We may have hit critical mass here where there are more “insiders” then actual posters.
And that's why we need

mMA6Wo0.jpg

sainraja

If they were just aiming to win the generation, buying capcom would be a huge step towards it.

To keep good publicity, they could publish RE titles on PC.

Monster Hunter and Street Fighter would probably go exclusive though imo.

I don't think it will be Capcom. I highly doubt it.

yurinka

I think good candidates would be Bluepoint, Ready at Dawn, Quantic Dream, Kojipro and Remedy.

Regarding Remedy, I think the type of game matches but they would be highly benefited from Sony marketing, funding, and specially helping from the other Sony studios to polish these areas where they failed or can improve.

I think it isn't realistic to consider someone like Capcom.

In a non realistic way, I'd like them to buy R8 Games in order to rename their upcoming Pacer game to become the next Wipeout and make it PS4 console exclusive.

Last edited:
People seem to be more focused on tidux. But no one has really mentioned or stated anything about foxy game's uk. Don't blame them though, tidux is a shit insider and i wouldn't trust that guy with single rumor. Foxy however is a bit of a mystery though, he seems to be more confident in sources and apparently some comments on his video's state he was first or one of the first people to leak specs and details about the ps4 pro. time will tell if this is true or not, one thing is certain regardless of foxy games or tidux. game studio acquisitions by sony are coming, there's no denying that.

thelastword

Banned
Personally, there are a million more devs I'd take over Remedy......I'd buy bluepoint and RAD way before I would buy Remedy, but maybe Sony can make them great again with a new IP...…..Sony has the midas touch...…..but I would take a dev that's already great at something, I'd buy RAD for bombastic launch visuals alone, gameplay elements can always be worked on, it's not like Remedy is swimming in great gameplay eitherway, but apart from Max Payne, I've never found their visuals to be that exciting....

Bryank75

Banned
Personally, there are a million more devs I'd take over Remedy......I'd buy bluepoint and RAD way before I would buy Remedy, but maybe Sony can make them great again with a new IP...…..Sony has the midas touch...…..but I would take a dev that's already great at something, I'd buy RAD for bombastic launch visuals alone, gameplay elements can always be worked on, it's not like Remedy is swimming in great gameplay eitherway, but apart from Max Payne, I've never found their visuals to be that exciting....
I really liked Control, enjoyed the gameplay a lot.

They do need help with facial details and getting games running well and refining certain points in their games... which needs more capital.

DJ12

Maybe you can detail the process somewhere so we all know, that way if someone doesn't want to be verified like this guy and a few others, we'll know there full of it.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Maybe you can detail the process somewhere so we all know, that way if someone doesn't want to be verified like this guy and a few others, we'll know there full of it.

We will not divulge the process for verification.

If someone wants to be verified, they just need to PM a mod. If not, they will refrain from speaking form a place of an “insider”.

EDMIX

Maybe, I like Foxygames Youtube channel as it has lots of good info, but I chalk this up to a moot point.

We know Sony is buying studios because they do every gen before the next.

We know Sony is buying studios because they said so themselves

To say "Sony is buying a studio soon" or "Sony just got bigger" is a moot point.....we know they will buy one soon cause they told use themselves. It would be like saying "Guess what guys? Some insider info here, not only will Madden and Fifa release this fall, but a Call Of Duty, Forza and Halo will too, details in the bio, comment, share subscribe" etc

So while we are at moot points. I'm a insider too, be like "My insider buddy has told me Ubisoft will make some cross gen games and EA too, also Battlefront 3 is in development and the next gen Call Of Duty will be cross gen.....thank me later broz" /s

Top Bottom