• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tie Fighter Total Conversion update

AJUMP23

Gold Member
TIE Fighter Total Conversion - Full Release Trailer - YouTube

Fans have completely remastered and updated TIE Fighter. One of the greatest Star Wars games ever made. If you haven't ever played it I would recommend checking this out, and the overhaul makes it looked like it did in your head when you first played it.

You just need X-Wing Alliance to play it, and you can grab it on Steam or GOG right now.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Salz01

SO MUCH BLOOM. I loved tie fighter. Great game back in the day. I do wish we had a proper remake of the game.

A.Romero

SO MUCH BLOOM. I loved tie fighter. Great game back in the day. I do wish we had a proper remake of the game.

What would you say is missing from this that a Remake would have?

It looks pretty good. I have good memories of playing this game. I was never good at it and didn't understand what was going on due to the language barrier but still had a great time. To be a kid...

WitchHunter

Banned
"Play a fully reimagined campaign" - Thank you. We didn't know what was missing, now it's ready. God bless these people and their hard work.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
controller support is a major PIA and mouse support is not great because it uses vjoy emulation. It's just ... difficult. Not unplayable, but not great. An old school joystick + keyboard still the best way to play. I would love for the Squadrons team to be given the OK to do a remake of Tie Fighter and XWA. Squadrons feels really nice to play after trying the Tie Fighter/XWA mod with the aforementioned crappy controller support.

Still, it's remarkable what modders have been able to do with a game that's almost 25 years old!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome back to a galaxy far, far away with the Star Wars: TIE Fighter Total Conversion fan remake by AngelTFTC! This project brings the classic 1994 TIE Fighter game to the modern era, with an overhauled engine, new graphics, updated missions and so much more.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
No offense to this remake, but I'd much rather play the original. The aesthetic of its limited graphics is part of its design, and is charmingly minimalist.

Top Bottom