• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tier 2 Xbox One launch: retail stories

Reg

Banned
So, can we confirm that this thing is doa in every territory other than US and possibly the UK?

Yes they will, though the multiplatform difference will be tiny, hardly noticeable certainly less then the ps3, because the metro redux guys have said that the xbox1 has been using basicly a dx11 api which has less performance then the more to the metal ps4 api.

Also if the ps4 has an extra 500gflops just there why are we not seeing it being used in games like destiny and diablo 3?

Once devs are fully using the to the metal api I think parity will be commonplace.graphics alone this gen is a silly reason to buy a console when the differences are the smallest they have been in any generation for the past 15 years.

The differences in multiplatform games this gen, has been more pronounced than they were last gen, at least so far...

Just because every single game isn't showing big differences doesn't mean the gap is narrowing.... The power is there on PS4 if devs want to use it.......

Saw this on the Playstation Belgium Facebook page

vUvrR58.png

Awesome

So, can we confirm that this thing is doa in every territory other than US and possibly the UK?

I can't wait until 2034 when Sony will fund a documentary to go in search of the tens of thousands of Xbox One's that MS will have been rumoured to have buried in the Mexican desert.

Yes unless next GoW or Halo is going to be amazing or MS comes up with a new blockbuster ip that makes a world wide audience buy a One no "one" (sorry about that) cares.

I care only because of Remedy and I liked Gears a lot.

But that is about it for them, they will never be as succesfull as they were with the 360 across the EU and that was already pretty limited.

Yes they will, though the multiplatform difference will be tiny, hardly noticeable certainly less then the ps3, because the metro redux guys have said that the xbox1 has been using basicly a dx11 api which has less performance then the more to the metal ps4 api.

Also if the ps4 has an extra 500gflops just there why are we not seeing it being used in games like destiny and diablo 3?

Once devs are fully using the to the metal api I think parity will be commonplace.graphics alone this gen is a silly reason to buy a console when the differences are the smallest they have been in any generation for the past 15 years.

And you believe in what you wrote eh?...

Site I linked to seems to be not liked here.

Apparently Sony is hiring right now to improve their tools for PS4, PS3, and Vita. Are we still going to get comments that MS are going to improve their tools, while Sony does nothing?

Yes unless next GoW or Halo is going to be amazing or MS comes up with a new blockbuster ip that makes a world wide audience buy a One no "one" (sorry about that) cares.

I care only because of Remedy and I liked Gears a lot.

But that is about it for them, they will never be as succesfull as they were with the 360 across the EU and that was already pretty limited.

Gears and even Halo will not make a dent in Europe. They will not change the tide, I can assure you. Not only are they less popular than in the USA, but by the time they launch, the Xbox One will be a rotten corpse already. I really don't know how MS will handle the situation over there...but they'd better act fast. As in before 2015 fast!

Top Bottom