• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tifa's (Possible) Reveal at E3 and Why it Matters

ROMhack

Keep tits big (though I feel like the cinematics in FFVII is a bad representation of their size, when compared to the artwork) and outfit. Nier: Automata should've taught them that the internet loves lewd.

True but I feel that was a bit different. I can well imagine Squenix trying to appeal to the widest possible audience with this one.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
if you played their last big mainstream title, it's clear they aren't shy about a little fanservice

final_fantasy_xv_cidney_by_oosanjinoo_dat9mkh-fullview.jpg

Bkdk

they should release the SJW version as a micro transaction, for 10 usd, it will be a nice profit for SE.

Mihos

Gold Member
Tifa is going to have purple hair and just light-speed the Highwind into Sephiroth halfway through the first act.

Last edited:
Wearing two tops makes no sense honestly. Looks weird.

Stockings are fine, there's zettai ryouiki there, so fandom will love it.

Almost perfect for me. It's that double top thing that looks just bad. It serves no purpose, so I don't think it's any censor thing. They should've just kept a single one.

Breasts are fine, they're big (cutscenes were always wrong about size if you look at the artwork), stockings are even more fetishizing and sexy. Skirt was shorter than expected, actually really short. We won guys. Just need to fix that double top thing, but has no effect on the sexiness.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Almost perfect for me. It's that double top thing that looks just bad. It serves no purpose, so I don't think it's any censor thing. They should've just kept a single one.

Breasts are fine, they're big (cutscenes were always wrong about size if you look at the artwork), stockings are even more fetishizing and sexy. Skirt was shorter than expected, actually really short. We won guys. Just need to fix that double top thing, but has no effect on the sexiness.
The double top is to hide the cleavage. They absolutely caved.

Last edited:

Paracelsus

She was put together in a very lazy way.
Black arm sleeves, black stockings, black long skirt, black undertop, and just a flimsy white top. It's basically a shitty rendition of the already shitty Advent Children outfit, with a jarring white top instead of the black vest. You can tell Nomura wanted to go for that but couldn't.
Aside from that, her face looks fine but not too detailed, she looks ripped from Dissidia NT and tweaked a little.
Overall, it is what it is. Considering what they did with Aeris, Tifa got the shaft.

kunonabi

Tifa never had a cleavage. Neither in artwork nor in CG. They didn't cave. Fake news!

Edit: I think some were imagining Tifa differently than she was. Or using sexy cosplays as the basis for what they think Tifa wore.

True the original didnt but this shirt is pretty low cut and with the new fidelity and physics there absolutely would be some cleavage showing.

Arkage

Banned
True the original didnt but this shirt is pretty low cut and with the new fidelity and physics there absolutely would be some cleavage showing.

No, there wouldn't. Her shirt collar always went up to her neck. It sounds like you don't actually know how boobs and support wear works for women who do physical activity/sports.

mVncd9Y.png

k2rU92P.png

Last edited:
The double top is probably for the Western release, JP will be cleavage

But Tifa never had cleavage in-game???

The double top does nothing but make it seem weird and distracting. It's just bad and makes no sense. Are they thinking of adding a cleavage later then? Not that adding a cleavage would be bad, as Tifa is supposed to be like a sexy bartender. It's just not in her original costume.

Paracelsus

I'm okay with the stockings and I'm even okay with the double top, though I am bummed that her boobs got nerfed.

Even if SE did a 1-to-1 remake of Tifa, you wouldn't see any cleavage.

The problem is the "underboob", liberals would destroy the design, some people are still bitching on reddit (hookercalling).
That's why they pulled the undertop out the ass, so they could flatten the chest with an excuse. Kinda like pulling a reverse-Kojima for Quiet.

Last edited:
The only thing bad is the undershirt. They just needed to make the white top go further up to be closer to the original. Totally pointless undershirt imo, unless they are intending to not use the undershirt in some regions or intending to give you choice. It just doesn't make sense as "censorship", because it literally does nothing in context of what Tifa shows in the original FFVII. I truly imagine it's some weird Nomura thing at this point, because anything else makes no sense.

kunonabi

I'm okay with the stockings and I'm even okay with the double top, though I am bummed that her boobs got nerfed.

Even if SE did a 1-to-1 remake of Tifa, you wouldn't see any cleavage.

Which would have been perfectly fine but they didnt do that and now were stuck with this crap.

Better than I expected, but they definitely went the "safe" route with her boobs.

Well I agree they could be a bit bigger, but I wouldn't imagine ridiculously much bigger either, as I feel like the CG in FFVII is definitely not like most portrayals. Whether FF:AC, in-battle model or artwork, it varies. It's a shame that some idiots have managed to make people believe that big breasted women are pariah. As someone married to a big breasted woman it shows that those people are either envious or authoritarians.

Everything except that crappy undershirt is good. And it does nothing to "censor", making it just bad design for me. Slightly bigger breasts would be more faithful, but it's not as bad as the undershirt, which just looks bad.

Orenji Neko

Well, there's two of my favorite characters that didn't make it into this game unscathed. Tifa's Left Tit and Tifa's Right Tit.

Edit: (Just to be clear, I do think she looks good)

Last edited:
Well I agree they could be a bit bigger, but I wouldn't imagine ridiculously much bigger either, as I feel like the CG in FFVII is definitely not like most portrayals. Whether FF:AC, in-battle model or artwork, it varies. It's a shame that some idiots have managed to make people believe that big breasted women are pariah. As someone married to a big breasted woman it shows that those people are either envious or authoritarians.

Everything except that crappy undershirt is good. And it does nothing to "censor", making it just bad design for me. Slightly bigger breasts would be more faithful, but it's not as bad as the undershirt, which just looks bad.

I certainly didn't expect the balloon tits from the original CG cutscenes in FFVII, those were hilariously shaped.

I don't think they reduced her boob size, they wrangled them to her chest, though, using that second top. Her neck line went higher, but her boobs protruded through her shirt more. In other words, yes, they caved on her sex appeal, imho.

Last edited:
We need a Digital Foundry analysis of her boobs.

I imagine someone's going to calculate the remake breast size against the various other portrayals (it's a bit inconsistent). Could've been a bit bigger honestly, no idea why they didn't, might being them being safe and afraid of backlash or it might be some other functional reason. She currently has smaller breasts than my wife, if I were to judge by eye.

Btw, I just noticed that while Tifa has no cleavage (which is fine since she never had it in FFVII), Aeris has a pretty revealing one.

Top Bottom