• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Watch - PGA 2019

NYR

That's not what happened at all, we don't know what actually occurred. EA is still in a relationship with PGA even now so there's clearly something else going on.
“Realtionship” = meaningless PR from a public company with something to lose from bad press.

You can put ads on during golf courses and say you have a relationship with the PGA.

The licensing director of the PGA Tour Matt Lofredo explicitly has been on record that they have split from EA and it was “amicable”. You don’t say that if they are still going to make games. EA do not make PGA games anymore. There is zero mention of the PGA or even their old games on their site. Haven’t made a game since 2015. Nothing is in the pipeline.

Last edited:
D4ItlYSWsAc7Tmo.jpg:large

now I am ready for more wins

now I am ready for more wins

He should get plenty. For all the talks about the new generation, we don't see a lot of constant excellence between them. Brooks is probably the strongest mentally of them all things considered, but his game is not beyond reprimand and he's still somewhat rough around the edges. Rory is not a great putter, Jordan looks lost, Rose and DJ are small ballers. Thomas, Xander, DeChambeau and Rahm are all nice, I just don't see a Phil Mickelson out of that group. If Tiger is healthy it doesn't look like anything can get in his way for Jack's record.

Having said that, he doesn't have an infinity window. He needs to take advantage know before the inevitable decline. But just to see him back in this conversation is awesome.

He should get plenty. For all the talks about the new generation, we don't see a lot of constant excellence between them. Brooks is probably the strongest mentally of them all things considered, but his game is not beyond reprimand and he's still somewhat rough around the edges. Rory is not a great putter, Jordan looks lost, Rose and DJ are small ballers. Thomas, Xander, DeChambeau and Rahm are all nice, I just don't see a Phil Mickelson out of that group. If Tiger is healthy it doesn't look like anything can get in his way for Jack's record.

Having said that, he doesn't have an infinity window. He needs to take advantage know before the inevitable decline. But just to see him back in this conversation is awesome.

Good point, yeah Tiger does not have much time left to get it done.
I tend to just expect a lot more from Tiger than these new guys so I tend to see the new guys as really really good while I am hard on Tiger missing a putt or two

But I have been a Tiger fan before he became a pro and he more than lived up to the hype, I just want to see a few more wins from him and still holding out hopes he gets Jack's records

Good for Tiger, when he hugged his kid and then talked about his daughter afterward it made me smile.

All the personal life stuff, who am I to judge. As far as I know he’s never committed an heinous crime or cheated in sport. I think it’s cool that he won another one after all these years. When Tiger was on top it was pretty exciting time for golf.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm really happy for him. It's always satisfying to see a natural champion win. Maybe if he gets another couple, we'll start seeing the videogames come back.

Got to find a Live Stream for today's first round Tiger tees off at 8:24AM ET with Brooks Koepka and Francesco Molinari

PGA Championship let's get this going!

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Can't watch at work but I'm following on twitter best I can. I'm not even a big fan of Golf but watching what Tigers doing right now is something any sports fan can appreciate

Yeah sad to see. You can tell the crowds seemed just a bit bigger, and it was all for him.

I only watched the round up until that abomination of a driver he hit at the back 9 par 5, I had to leave afterwards and I just knew he wouldn't make it. Just didn't have it this week, it happens.

I missed some sweet Brooks Koepka dominance in the back 9 though, I thought he would finish even par or worse for the round as every putt was coming up short. They were very well hit, but it just felt like some missed opportunities that would snowball into a horror scenario. Brooks is a terrific golfer, just amazing to watch. He's like DJ with balls, he plays fast and furious and has nerves of steel. Fun guy for sure.

womfalcs3

Banned
LOL

This player is tied for second right now: Jazz Janewattananond. I stuttered trying to painstakingly say his last name.

womfalcs3

Banned
Keep an eye out for Viktor Hovland. He was the lowest-scoring amateur at The Masters, and now he's playing well at The US Open.

Last edited:

womfalcs3

Banned
Brooks Koepka finishes in majors:

In 2018,
Masters Tournament: Did not play
PGA Championship: 1
US Open: 1
The Open Championship: T39

In 2019,
Masters Tournament: T2
PGA Championship: 1
US Open: 2
The Open Championship: Upcoming

Also, his last three finishes in the US Open are 1, 1, 2.

Top Bottom