• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TikTok is a pretty cool platform for content creators.

highrider

Banned
Yeah I mean that’s pretty much it, I was surprised. I do video content and I like the creative tools and music you have access to. I’d like to have a dedicated thread of cool TikTok content. I’ll start with a couple of mine 🤷‍♂️

I couldn’t figure out if you could embed them. I’ll post some funny stuff when I get some time.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
😂 oh I forgot how radicalized this forum was about social media. To me it’s a useful tool but I get it. Kids are required private accounts yet to see one but like any platform you pretty much determine what you see based on what you follow. Like check out Jack Black or some other pretty creative people on there. Just saying there’s good content there lol

highrider

Banned
And to be clear I don’t really give a fuck if anyone likes watching TikTok videos but there also might be people on here like me that make videos and can use it, and imo there is cool stuff like any platform.

highrider

Banned
You ever used any form of social media xxxx = kisses, since I was joking

I'm having friendly banter with you, perhaps u need to step away from social media and forums, to quote you "you being serious. Wow"

The lady doth protest too much it seems

(Lets try again)

/jk xxx

Yeah maybe you and I have a different perception of entertaining banter. Mine is more based in being entertaining.

Ellery

I see TikTok as a new platform for the younger generation to identify themselves with and find likeminded younger people their age to goof around with (whatever form that may take for Zoomers and younger).
It basically does the same thing as previous platforms and isn't unique, but young people don't want to see older people and it is/was the same for us and I am not going to Steve Buscemi with a Skateboard into their scene.

It's cool if they enjoy it, but we all know what happened to Facebook once our parents and grandparents flooded it. We fucking ran away.

Spaceman292

Banned

Mistake

I can see the appeal of tiktok, as it’s like an updated version of vine. While they have good tools, many videos kind of blend together, so when my ex used it, the sounds drove me insane

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

It's interesting. Great editing tools to allow complete amateurs to create clever clips. It does a great job of introducing you to new user content, via fyp. It seems to boast a good music library, even though I only watch on mute.

It's really what you want it to be too. It shows you content based on your follows and likes. It's not really my thing, but I keep an account to randomly watch twerking videos while on the can. IG is better for that kind of content, but doesn't expose me to as many different accounts from around the world.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
What a bunch of little gen y’s in here hating on TikTok.

The fact that highrider endorsed it alone should be enough for it to command your respect.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
This forum hates social media with a passion. I don't like tiktok, but if you do, awesome :) go and enjoy it.

I myself am a frequent user of reddit, mostly some linux subreddits because they've become the defacto forum for this or that distro. And oh boy does GAF hate reddit.

highrider

Banned
This forum hates social media with a passion. I don't like tiktok, but if you do, awesome :) go and enjoy it.

I myself am a frequent user of reddit, mostly some linux subreddits because they've become the defacto forum for this or that distro. And oh boy does GAF hate reddit.

Eh I like doing stuff, most of my videos are all trade related with some artistic stuff. I think the comedy and music has been a pleasant surprise for me.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeuKwPU6/

MilkLizard

It's a nice time waster sometimes for me. Nothing more, nothing less. DogFace 420 is my spirit animal though. That meme just came at the right time for me and it'll always live rent free in my head.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
@Toknerdytome is a great creator. She posts mostly about science... I lover her videos. And she's fully dressed ya pervs!

llien

One Georgian guy predicted TikTok back in 1938:

bigp27Q.png

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have so little tolerance for idiocy and that app is full of it. And hit chicks and some funny stuff but nothing that adds value to society.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'll never fucking allow that cancerous shite in my house, YouTube is bad enough that I've cut the kids down to a few hours at the weekend to give me and missus some quiet time in the mornings. That shit just fucks up a kids attention span, 60sec/3min whatever sugar rushes and onto the next inane video of some cunt doing something shite... Not a fan

Top Bottom