• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TikTok is a pretty cool platform for content creators.

G Boaty

Banned
The algorithm they use is pure sorcery. It works incredibly well. My partner and I both use TikTok casually (Never to post, but something to scroll through while pooping or whatever) and if you were to look at both our feeds you'd swear we were using different apps.

All I get is musicians, DnD stuff, people making grilled cheeses, and comedy skits. She gets people from our local area, make up artists, people with pet monkeys and turtles and people cooking stuff out in the wilderness.

I don't get any OnlyFans stuff, or any young women shaking parts of their body. It's incredible how quickly it learns what sort of content you enjoy, then does an excellent job at providing it to you.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The algorithm they use is pure sorcery. It works incredibly well. My partner and I both use TikTok casually (Never to post, but something to scroll through while pooping or whatever) and if you were to look at both our feeds you'd swear we were using different apps.

All I get is musicians, DnD stuff, people making grilled cheeses, and comedy skits. She gets people from our local area, make up artists, people with pet monkeys and turtles and people cooking stuff out in the wilderness.

I don't get any OnlyFans stuff, or any young women shaking parts of their body. It's incredible how quickly it learns what sort of content you enjoy, then does an excellent job at providing it to you.
Yeah its amazing all the shit its gleaming from your phone about you and your lifestyle

GymWolf

Does it work?! I usually read some topic on reeeee for the same purpose.

G Boaty

Banned
What about your spending habits, political leanings, banking details, personal life the list goes on

Tik Tok doesn’t have my banking details. I really don’t care about the rest. Besides that’s not even close to being Tik Tok exclusive, every online service is scraping and using that info.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Tik Tok doesn’t have my banking details. I really don’t care about the rest. Besides that’s not even close to being Tik Tok exclusive, every online service is scraping and using that info.
Every other app or online service isn't a cover front for the CCP nor does it have the sheer amount of nefarious shit going on when you install it, sure the app mighten have those details but if you dont think it's not pulling that info from other apps then I got some magic tinfoil wrapped beans to sell you, I wouldn't trust a single Chinese branded piece of equipment in my house

oagboghi2

It can access your banking info if you use a banking app. Honestly these apps can do a lot of nefarious shit if the devs wanted to.

Using your camera, key logging, etc etc

we really rely a lot of apple and google being the last line of defense between us and nefarious developers

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Downloaded the app a couple weeks ago. Just follow some thots who dance around half naked.

Last edited:

G Boaty

Banned
Every other app or online service isn't a cover front for the CCP nor does it have the sheer amount of nefarious shit going on when you install it, sure the app mighten have those details but if you dont think it's not pulling that info from other apps then I got some magic tinfoil wrapped beans to sell you, I wouldn't trust a single Chinese branded piece of equipment in my house
It can access your banking info if you use a banking app. Honestly these apps can do a lot of nefarious shit if the devs wanted to.

Using your camera, key logging, etc etc

we really rely a lot of apple and google being the last line of defense between us and nefarious developers

So conspiracy theories with nothing to back it up. Got it.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
So conspiracy theories with nothing to back it up. Got it.

Its the fucking Chinese government mate, you don't need no conspiracy theories behind a totalitarian government that employs advanced tech to control its citizens somehow isn't worming said tech into the devices of its companies that sell abroad, this ain't the western world where companies have autonomy, the CCP fucking owns and controls everything inside its borders

Last edited:

G Boaty

Banned
Conspiracy theory? Are you serious? Why do you think you have to give apps permission to do shit?
I haven’t give the app permission to do anything. Certainly not to take my banking details from other apps.
Its the fucking Chinese government mate, you don't need no conspiracy theories behind a totalitarian government that employs advanced tech to control its citizens somehow isn't worming said tech into the devices of its companies that sell abroad, this ain't the western world where companies have autonomy, the CCP fucking owns and controls everything inside its borders
That’s literally a conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

INC

uO61aci.jpg

I've never used TikTok. I'm starting to notice a trend of YouTubers.... reviewing...? Debunking? Well regardless for some reason YouTubers seem to think that talking about multiple TikTok videos in a single YouTube video is a good format and guess what? No it isn't, fuck off with that shit.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
And this is why you grab iOS and Apple products and not the other operating system developed by a company that makes money off selling your data.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I haven’t give the app permission to do anything. Certainly not to take my banking details from other apps.

That’s literally a conspiracy theory.
TikTok is a Chinese app. I don’t know if you noticed but China is a one party state ruled by people obsessed with surveillance.

G Boaty

Banned
TikTok is a Chinese app. I don’t know if you noticed but China is a one party state ruled by people obsessed with surveillance.

Ok so where's the evidence they're taking my banking details from other apps? If you don't have any then it's a conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

Daciral

Neo Member
As cringy as it is, it's popular for a reason. Some good stuff to find there, although it's not gonna convince me to use it. I'm good.

protonion

Never used tiktok.
Then I randomly saw a clip of the golf cart girl.
I thought of installing tiktok.
Then someone posted a compilation of her videos on YouTube.
So, still not using tiktok.

Enjoy. You are welcome.

Top Bottom