• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Miller says ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ will ‘scare the f*ck’ out of misogynistic internet trolls

Nymphae

Banned
Movies are garbage now. I watched Bird on a Wire last night with Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn, loved how quaint it felt. I miss the 90's. I don't watch a lot of movies really, it was so nice to transport back to a time before all of this shit. I'm going on a huge 80's and 90's film/tv journey I think, I am so repulsed by the majority of media being shoved in front of my face these days.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Well, remember we had the legendary Christian Bale play the equally legendary John Connor, a match made in heaven, and look how that turned out.

I watched it in the cinema and was burnt worse than a survivor of Judgement Day.

I watched it the other day on Netflix and it is still shit.

I cannot remember a thing about that movie. I know I went to the cinema to see it but I couldn't tell you anything about it other than it takes place in the future and Christian Bale is John Connor.

nkarafo

I see so many people in both sides using "bad ass" and "strong" when they refer women protagonists and heroes in games and movies.

When was the last time anyone had to use these words when referring male characters in order to... make sure you are aware about their bad-assery?

There has to be a huge amount of insecurity and inferiority complex in the source when everyone has to spell it out for everyone.

When i see this shit i sometimes picture a small child nagging about how strong he is and others going along with it to make him shut up.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I see so many people in both sides using "bad ass" and "strong" when they refer to women protagonists and heroes in games and movies.

When was the last time anyone had to use these words when referring male characters in order to... prove their bad-assery?

There has to be a huge amount of insecurity and inferiority complex in the source when everyone has to spell it out for everyone.

When i see this shit i sometimes picture a small child nagging about how strong he is and others going along with it to make him shut up.

i reserve it for specific cases where badassery is shown, not told

think it's just a way to flag what's seen as cool feminine energy, maternal power and such (sometimes)

yer prolly right

Last edited:

Doczu

I see so many people in both sides using "bad ass" and "strong" when they refer women protagonists and heroes in games and movies.

When was the last time anyone had to use these words when referring male characters in order to... make sure you are aware about their bad-assery?

In my opinion when you have to say beforehand, that someone is badass, they mostly aren't 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tesseract

Banned
i see what you are saying but like, john wick is a bad ass, so is atomic blonde, similarly veined folk with different genders

ass kickers doing they thing, baby

barack obama mudda fucka

Last edited:

nkarafo

i see what you are saying but like, john wick is a bad ass, so is atomic blonde, similarly veined folk with different genders
John Wick is a bad ass but it's not like everyone are going out of their way to say so beforehand. And most of the times you see people saying how bad ass he is it's after the fact. I don't remember any promoting material or article gushing about how strong and bad ass John Wick is before the movie was out (or any other male character). It's always female characters that they have to spell it out for you even before a game/movie is released so you won't miss the fact, as if it's not going to be obvious to you by their actions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Here’s your award for dumbest take of the week:

PFQTD0P.jpg
d2ffd75c4cfe4b1426d20b0751aeaa20.jpg

"Thanks bro I thought I lost that forever. Time to infiltrate some humans with it."

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent Duck

I, for one, would like to see this movie.... but I’m just too fucking scared.
Strong manly women, the T-Juan thousand, and the levels of wokeness are just too much for my closet mysoginistic, racist subconcious. I can’t even. I just can’t even. I’m literally shaking.

9CfFHIr.jpg

Last edited:

Fbh

Tim Miller said:
“If you’re at all enlightened, she’ll play like gangbusters. If you’re a closet misogynist, she’ll scare the fuck out of you, because she’s tough and strong but very feminine,” Miller said. “We did not trade certain gender traits for others; she’s just very strong, and that frightens some dudes. You can see online the responses to some of the early shit that’s out there, trolls on the internet. I don’t give a fuck.”

Banned (duration to be defined once the shaking stops): Gross and outdated suggestion that there's such a thing as "traits" which are defined by your gender. Literal alt-right sexist writing in which despite being tough and strong she is also feminine, arguably because she is a woman.

The movie looked bad not because of "women" but because it seems like your average uninspired modern action movie with overused and fake looking CGI

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
It's like I'm trapped ina thread with crazy people. You're all in here spouting gibberish and talking all of this crazy shit about the Terminator films.

You're all dead fucking wrong. There were no Terminator films after 2. It's a series that was never continued and no films beyond that glorious second movie were ever made.

Now let's all just acknowledge how great the 2 films in the series were, lament over what could have been but never was and walk away. There were only two films people!

cryptoadam

Banned
Movies are garbage now. I watched Bird on a Wire last night with Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn, loved how quaint it felt. I miss the 90's. I don't watch a lot of movies really, it was so nice to transport back to a time before all of this shit. I'm going on a huge 80's and 90's film/tv journey I think, I am so repulsed by the majority of media being shoved in front of my face these days.

creative bankruptcy and CGI.

Back then film makers actually had to be inovative and put in effort to create their movies and shots. Want to make a fantasy movie well figure out how to get costumes and sets. Want something sci-fi? Well you will need mat paintings and in camera effects.

Now its just take an old IP and let the computers figure everything out for you.

cryptoadam

Banned
It's like I'm trapped ina thread with crazy people. You're all in here spouting gibberish and talking all of this crazy shit about the Terminator films.

You're all dead fucking wrong. There were no Terminator films after 2. It's a series that was never continued and no films beyond that glorious second movie were ever made.

Now let's all just acknowledge how great the 2 films in the series were, lament over what could have been but never was and walk away. There were only two films people!

T3 actually involved a plot to kill gradient gradient and prevent all the amazing pics in the TITS and BUTT thread, but luckily the OP's sent back their own terminators to protect you so you can continue blessing us all with your posting skills in those threads.

Nymphae

Banned
creative bankruptcy and CGI.

Back then film makers actually had to be inovative and put in effort to create their movies and shots. Want to make a fantasy movie well figure out how to get costumes and sets. Want something sci-fi? Well you will need mat paintings and in camera effects.

Now its just take an old IP and let the computers figure everything out for you.

I get pretty tired of the woke messaging in everything too, particularly the badass female stuff. It's like ok, I get it. Literally my entire life I've seen and enjoyed media that had women in strong roles, and women were allowed to be women back then as well. Goldie Hawn acts like a spoiled princess in Bird on a Wire, but she's also a lawyer. She's obviously more frail than Mel Gibson, but even she gets a scene in this movie near the end making a dramatic escape from some tigers with no help from anyone. I was just like see, you can have her be feminine and also have her be strong without having to make examples of the males (remember that fucking A New Hope cartoon remake thing? Jesus christ that was heavy handed) or shave her head and buff her up.

Last edited:

Domisto

Someone needs to tell these guys that we passed tacky gender marketing clickbait peak with Cpt Marvel. This shit is getting real boring now. Maybe try deaf people or the Amish. Where's my deaf amish superhero that will send my peepee to the cuck closet?

Last edited:
When this one bombs we will have a trilogy of Terminator films that failed to start trilogies lol
Wow, you're right. Too bad James Cameron isn't actually directing this new movie like he did The Terminator and T2. Probably because he's been so busy pre-emptive franchising Avatar. Definitely a dark fate for the Terminator franchise.

I thought Terminator Salvation was pretty decent, if only it was a TV show (like an original series we see on Netflix or Prime). How cool would it be if each new season progressed further into the future war until we finally see Skynet lose to the resistance?

Last edited:
Top Bottom