• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timbaland thread

cryptoadam

Banned
A sequel to my Nelly Furtado thread.

Timbaland just killed in the 2000's. Guy was a total beast. And diverse he collaborated with a ton of different artists

Madonna, The Hives, One Republic, Tim seemed to work with anyone.

And extra props for taking his name from an iconic piece of footwear

images

lock2k

Banned
Even though I'm a metalhead at heart I really like Timbaland's stuff.

Pop was really inventive in his prime and nowadays it's all EDM and mumble rap shit. I miss his productions.

Also, there's an album that most people hate, but I really enjoy, that was produced by him:

Pejo

He was amazing. It's funny how he's got an incredibly varied catalogue, but you can still instantly tell if he's worked on a track.

A few of my favorites by him were 4 minutes to save the world and promiscuous.

I_D

Even though he's prolific, he still doesn't get enough attention.
Between Timbaland and Dre, I'd be hard-pressed to say which is better.

Premier is still the GOAT though, but that's an unfair comparison.

bucyou

Timothy Zachary Mosley (born March 10, 1972),[2] known professionally as Timbaland, is an American record producer, rapper, singer, songwriter and DJ.[3]

Timbaland's first full credit production work was in 1996 on Ginuwine...the Bachelor for R&B singer Ginuwine. After further work on Aaliyah's second studio album One in a Million (1996) and Missy Elliott's debut studio album Supa Dupa Fly (1997), Timbaland became a prominent producer for R&B and hip hop artists. As a rapper he initially released several albums with fellow rapper Magoo, followed by his debut solo album Tim's Bio in 1998. In 2002, Timbaland produced the hit single "Cry Me a River" for Justin Timberlake, going on to produce most of Timberlake's subsequent LPs such as FutureSex/LoveSounds and The 20/20 Experience and their respective hit singles. A Timbaland-owned imprint label, Mosley Music Group, featured artists such as Nelly Furtado, whose Timbaland-produced album Loose (2006) was a commercial and critical success. In 2007, Timbaland released a solo album, Shock Value, which was followed by Shock Value II in 2009.

Aside from the aforementioned artists, Timbaland's production credits from the 2000s forward include work with Jay-Z, Nas, Ludacris, Bubba Sparxxx, Madonna, Rihanna, OneRepublic, Brandy, Drake, Rick Ross and others. As a songwriter he has written as of 2014, 85 UK hits and 99 hits Stateside.[4] Timbaland has received widespread acclaim for his production style. In 2007, Entertainment Weekly stated that "just about every current pop trend can be traced back to him — from sultry, urban-edged R&B songstresses ... to the art of incorporating avant-garde sounds into No. 1 hits."

f9e.gif

Top Bottom