• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timberwolf |OT| Get ur indie ass in here! (Free for GAF!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've listened to the album 5 times now, it's so good. My personal favourites are My Life In a Cave, In The Background and I'm Fine Without You, though I like all of the songs. On some tracks (such as Old Soul), your vocals remind me a little of Adam Duritz, you've definitely got something special man.

The humour that pervades the album is fun, I enjoy the laughing and messing around "Na na na Na na Na na...Stupid!" lol.

Good luck with your premiere show, I dare say you'll gain a lot more fans that night.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Listening on Soundcloud now, absolutely loving it. Downloading via the Mediafire link for now, but damn...I'm like THIS close to paying for it via Amazon too. So good, man. Great work!

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Thanks for listening, guys!!

I've listened to the album 5 times now, it's so good. My personal favourites are My Life In a Cave, In The Background and I'm Fine Without You, though I like all of the songs. On some tracks (such as Old Soul), your vocals remind me a little of Adam Duritz, you've definitely got something special man.

The humour that pervades the album is fun, I enjoy the laughing and messing around "Na na na Na na Na na...Stupid!" lol.

Good luck with your premiere show, I dare say you'll gain a lot more fans that night.

Thanks man, I hope so too.

This shit slays. Downloading, playing on my radio show tonight.

I would love to have more details on this. Any way I can hear it? Internet stream?

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Do you have the lyrics available? My ears fail me sometimes...

Lovin' your album, man!

Lyrics are all up on the bandcamp, if you hover over each track "lyrics" should pop up.

Actually, as you're reading them if you find any typos, I'd love for you to point them out. I tend to miss things.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
422994_634114627876_83504672_31880781_10773157_n.jpg

Woo! Just got my first shipment of CD's in. They all look clean and ready to sell at my show. Or give away because I'll probably be tipsy.

So, I just listened to Winchester, and I have to admit I really wasn't expecting to like it, but it grabbed me right away, 3 minutes into the song I felt compelled to share it with someone on Facebook, and by the end of the song I had nothing but a giant grin on my face. That was awesome, and really picked up my mood from a shitty night. Thanks man.

Isa0

Neo Member
Great stuff, I was pleasantly surprised after listening to Windchester. Any other details on your premiere show?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Your OT is very amusing, good luck with your first album!

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Great stuff, I was pleasantly surprised after listening to Windchester. Any other details on your premiere show?

Thanks man. My booker had the meeting tonight, so as far as cost and everything I should by tomorrow. It's going to be a pretty short set, a little over 30 mins, but I go on around 9pm.

RDreamer

I listened to one of the songs the other day and really liked it, but haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet. I did just check, though, and saw it was up on MOG, which is pretty awesome. Doesn't really matter since you put the download up for free anyway, but it's cool. I'll probably give it a listen and post thoughts tomorrow.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Fidelis knows I'm in his corner. I need to get me that CD CASE COPY SON! Yes!

That shit looks slick, man. Real slick. Lookin' like you're gonig to chop the hell out of a tree in that cover. That's some real man shit right there.

Gonna go ahead and toss that TENNER at ya when I get back home becuase I need to spin this. After everything else I've heard from you? #1 on Last.FM.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I listened to one of the songs the other day and really liked it, but haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet. I did just check, though, and saw it was up on MOG, which is pretty awesome. Doesn't really matter since you put the download up for free anyway, but it's cool. I'll probably give it a listen and post thoughts tomorrow.

Thanks dreamer! I didn't even know what MOG was until your post. Guess cdbaby really works, haha

Fidelis knows I'm in his corner. I need to get me that CD CASE COPY SON! Yes!

That shit looks slick, man. Real slick. Lookin' like you're gonig to chop the hell out of a tree in that cover. That's some real man shit right there.

Gonna go ahead and toss that TENNER at ya when I get back home becuase I need to spin this. After everything else I've heard from you? #1 on Last.FM.

Hell yeah dude! I did it through amazon's createspace and apparently they have a dvd distribution program too, so I've been thinking about getting Scoundrels for sale too once things settle down a bit.

RDreamer

Thanks dreamer! I didn't even know what MOG was until your post. Guess cdbaby really works, haha

MOG's awesome. Better library that spotify. And this proves it! Your album isn't up on spotify yet, lol.

I'm just curious, though, how does that stuff work on your end? I'm guessing you put it up on cdbaby and they put it elsewhere? Do they give you a cut of the streaming deal at all?

Edit: Just listened to it, and I loved it. I especially liked Eternal Sunshine and Winchester, and anything with a harmonica. I didn't catch most of the songs since I had it playing on my stereo while I went about my business, but those were the two songs I went and checked on because I was digging a bit more.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
MOG's awesome. Better library that spotify. And this proves it! Your album isn't up on spotify yet, lol.

I'm just curious, though, how does that stuff work on your end? I'm guessing you put it up on cdbaby and they put it elsewhere? Do they give you a cut of the streaming deal at all?

Edit: Just listened to it, and I loved it. I especially liked Eternal Sunshine and Winchester, and anything with a harmonica. I didn't catch most of the songs since I had it playing on my stereo while I went about my business, but those were the two songs I went and checked on because I was digging a bit more.

Cdbaby is a service you pay a price for and they put it through their partners to get it on most digital services, though the bigger ones were the one I cared about really. It's really helped a lot, if not just to look more professional on the setting out.

Gonna put it on my phone and listen to it while driving this weekend. Love what I've heard so far on soundcloud. Good job my man!

RDreamer

Cdbaby is a service you pay a price for and they put it through their partners to get it on most digital services, though the bigger ones were the one I cared about really. It's really helped a lot, if not just to look more professional on the setting out.

At first I was going to say that sounds like a raw deal if streaming services like Spotify, MOG, and Rhapsody are playing your stuff and you're not getting anything from it. Then I did some searching and found out a bit about how it works. If you somehow didn't know this then you should probably register with Soundexchange so you can get some money from streams.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
At first I was going to say that sounds like a raw deal if streaming services like Spotify, MOG, and Rhapsody are playing your stuff and you're not getting anything from it. Then I did some searching and found out a bit about how it works. If you somehow didn't know this then you should probably register with Soundexchange so you can get some money from streams.

For sure, though most streaming services offer so little (spotify is something like .001 cents per play) that it was really more about iTunes and Amazon for me. I'll check out sound exchange for sure though, thanks.

Holy cow just listened to Winchester and started downloading the album before the :30 mark. Amazing. Are you considering touring? I'd love to see you if you came to Boston. Could you hook yourself up with Fleet Foxes or Portugal.the Man or one of those bands as an opener of needed?

EDIT: Life in a Cave sounds a LOT like a less restrained Tallest Man on Earth. I love it.

my favorite rock club, if you need venue ideas

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Holy cow just listened to Winchester and started downloading the album before the :30 mark. Amazing. Are you considering touring? I'd love to see you if you came to Boston. Could you hook yourself up with Fleet Foxes or Portugal.the Man or one of those bands as an opener of needed?

EDIT: Life in a Cave sounds a LOT like a less restrained Tallest Man on Earth. I love it.

my favorite rock club, if you need venue ideas

Makes sense, he's easily one of my favorite artists. Extreme influence on my guitar playing for sure.

And I'm weighing options on touring for sure, right now I'm kind of concentrating on shows in Los Angeles, since that's a bit of a beast in the first place.

I've listened to I'm Fine Without You at least 15 times, and I'm not even slightly tired of it. It's just such a gorgeous song. At the moment, I'd list it along with the second half of Blood on the Tracks as one of the best breakup/failing relationship songs ever. Holy cow. It's so bloody amazing.

"Let the dark wash the sun out of our face"

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Oh wow, this is really good. I'm digging When I Woke.

When you strike it rich, don't forget about the nerds that cheered you on when you started.

Gobersmoogen

Neo Member
I'm only really a lurker, but you have given me cause to log in. After hearing one song I can absolutely thank you for what will certainly be some of my favorite music for months to come, atleast.

If it means anything to you, I generally listen to hardcore and similar nonsense.

Also, take my money. Now.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
One track in and already great stuff man!

I have a soft spot for Folk music, and this hits the spot perfectly. Since you're playing around LA, maybe ill catch one of your shows one day.

Again, fantastic job!

However, I would suggest changing your name, if just to make you easier to google- there are a lot of bands named Timberwolf, signed and unsigned.

Dartastic

I would love to have more details on this. Any way I can hear it? Internet stream?
Crap. Missed this. I work at a college radio station in Portland. We are on the net at www.kpsu.org. I have a show Thursdays at 4 PST, called The New Show where I basically just play... really new stuff. Sometimes unreleased REALLY new stuff, and yeah. I played one of your tracks this week. :p

Man, the shipping from "Createspace" is whack. I'm in Australia, so sure, I wouldn't expect to get it like the next day or anything, but if I choose standard shipping, they estimate it will take two months. TWO MONTHS! Are they building the plane? Expedited is one month and priority shipping is close to two weeks (and costs 2.5x the price of the CD). I think I'll go standard and wait the two months, due to the fact that I already have the songs downloaded from the GAF gold link. Though, I will buy the downloads too, for a little extra support.

Out of curiousity, how do you plan to do your live show? Will it just be you and your guitar? I was listening to the podcast and was pretty surprised to hear that everything else is "faked".

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Thanks guys!

Man, the shipping from "Createspace" is whack. I'm in Australia, so sure, I wouldn't expect to get it like the next day or anything, but if I choose standard shipping, they estimate it will take two months. TWO MONTHS! Are they building the plane? Expedited is one month and priority shipping is close to two weeks (and costs 2.5x the price of the CD). I think I'll go standard and wait the two months, due to the fact that I already have the songs downloaded from the GAF gold link. Though, I will buy the downloads too, for a little extra support.

Out of curiousity, how do you plan to do your live show? Will it just be you and your guitar? I was listening to the podcast and was pretty surprised to hear that everything else is "faked".

Damn, that sucks. I had no idea. Is there anything else I can do to help? I don't really have control over createspace at all, but maybe there's something I can do?

Show wise right now, I'm actually doing most stuff through samples on my laptop, integrating it with some live guitar and harmonica and voice. Trying to stay organic, but still keeping the electronic feel of winchester. It's a fine line and I'm hoping people will buy it, I'm pretty psyched about it.

Crap. Missed this. I work at a college radio station in Portland. We are on the net at www.kpsu.org. I have a show Thursdays at 4 PST, called The New Show where I basically just play... really new stuff. Sometimes unreleased REALLY new stuff, and yeah. I played one of your tracks this week. :p

No big, man. I'm just glad it got played at all! If you decide to play anything else, I'd love to tune it to hear it.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Woo! Just got my first shipment of CD's in. They all look clean and ready to sell at my show. Or give away because I'll probably be tipsy.

How much did that run you back? I was considering CDs for the longest time only to find out it would cost me a fuckton of money.

And are you prepared for the show? How are you practicing for it?

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
How much did that run you back? I was considering CDs for the longest time only to find out it would cost me a fuckton of money.

And are you prepared for the show? How are you practicing for it?

CD's are taken care of through here. Distribution through sale, so no upfront cost at all.

Show wise, for the amount of practicing I've been doing I better be ready for it, haha. I'm pretty much just practicing by going through the set over and over and over.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
However, I would suggest changing your name, if just to make you easier to google- there are a lot of bands named Timberwolf, signed and unsigned.

Thought about it, but it doesn't really bother me.

One track in and already great stuff man!

I have a soft spot for Folk music, and this hits the spot perfectly. Since you're playing around LA, maybe ill catch one of your shows one day.

Again, fantastic job!

Thanks man, I hope you can make it out.

Oh wow, this is really good. I'm digging When I Woke.

When you strike it rich, don't forget about the nerds that cheered you on when you started.

Ha, never. And I'm glad to see When I Woke getting some love!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
CD's are taken care of through here. Distribution through sale, so no upfront cost at all.

Show wise, for the amount of practicing I've been doing I better be ready for it, haha. I'm pretty much just practicing by going through the set over and over and over.

Oh wow I should check that out. And good luck with the show. Hope you kill it, man.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Oh wow I should check that out. And good luck with the show. Hope you kill it, man.

It's a pretty awesome site and if you can get high enough artwork for all the cd stuff, I think it looks great.

So, another review has come in, this time from a gaffer posting on absolute punk. I'm really flattered and gotta say I may enjoy reading how much the music touches him. You can check it out here, I'm also updating the OT post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom