• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time and Eternity |OT| RyougaSaotome's GOTY Two Years in a Row!

TIME & ETERNITY WOOOOOOOOO!
TimeHeader_zps791f31c9.jpg

http://nisamerica.com/games/time_and_eternity/
http://tokitowa.channel.or.jp/

Today marks the release of the greatest RPG ever made by JRPG saviors Imageepoch. They made the timeless classic Last Promise Story and that other game too I think.

TimeRelease_zpsf53eb3ea.jpg

PS3: Time and Eternity released in America on July 16. That's also my birthday. Some other RPG came out today too but nobody cares. Happy birthday Ryouga. Thanks me!

TimeWaifuGameplay_zps447b8de0.jpg

So basically you have two wives named Toki and Towa, except they're the same person just with differently colored hair. You run around a big empty field and fight monsters sometimes. It's all real time so watch out. You can dodge attacks and stuff using the different buttons on the controller. You navigate towns by clicking beautiful static menus because it leaves more to the imagination and is generally just way more awesome.

There are sidequests too I think.

TimeScreenshots_zps57ac0ee4.jpg

Timetentacles_zps44bef7fd.jpg

Time2_zpsdfb73030.jpg

Time1_zps1c30fb47.jpg

TimeQuotes_zpsd18bf8d9.jpg

I have yet to hear people say anything good about games developed by ImageEpoch.
That reminds me of Thousand Arms for some reason.
I was tempted to get this just because of how hilariously bad their attempts at mixing the sprites with 3D was. Too many good games have come out recently though so I'm poor, doubt I'll ever pick this up and thank goodness for that. Especially given I've seen more of the dialogue and characters.
In the end it was an interesting game with a single character battle system (Drake is a joke companion), and the fights look great when you turn off the UI. Everything else was pretty much shit.
Just remember that trash like this got localized when tonnes of good PSP RPGs didn't.
I'm just going to try this one out myself & buy it if I like it.

Reviews of games don't mean much to me as I have yet to find someone with similar tastes as mine.
I love the art direction and general look of the game, as well as the soundtrack. The plot involving time travel to save her lovers life is pretty cool. I'm a sucker for anything involving time travel and changing the past, i.e. Shadow of Destiny/Memories, one of my favorites.
Towa > Toki
wtf no pillow case? at least aksys gives their fans cool stuff like boobie pads
Why is her stomach an ass?
So umm, I'm guessing there won't be an OT until the American release?
You really took one for the team didnt you? I salute that sir.

All right GAF. Time and Eternity. DISCUSS.

I hate myself.

Shout outs to RevenantKioku for showing me how it's done.

EDIT: For those of you who want actual information, check out this great post by Avallon. CLICK HERE.

vareon

Greatest |OT| to ever grace NeoGAF?

I do not plan on buying this, but I kinda liked the (both) battle music.

eternalb

Epic thread is epic.

Sadly I've been enjoying the game. I guess something is wrong with my head. I must still be 12.

Torraz

Great OT!

This probably wins my personal "worst game of the generation" award. I liked the OST, voice acting, and the general time-traveling setup of the story. The perverted main character was amusing for a while. Everything else is less than desirable (read: pretty damn bad).

when i started this game I actually liked it, then the repetition and re usage of assets started to irk me, then the vampires happened...

This :(.

I went from "kinda okay for 10-15 bucks" to awwhellno.jpg.

when i started this game I actually liked it, then the repetition and re usage of assets started to irk me, then the vampires happened...

GamerJM

Banned
Hilarious OT.

Also, on a side note, can someone link me to Ryouga's topic giving his impressions/opinions on the Japanese version of the game? I see it get mentioned a lot (especially by him), but I've never actually seen it myself.

then the repetition and re usage of assets started to irk me

It's all about the birds. In all six colors and 3 sizes. There's big blue bird, small blue bird, medium blue bird.

And then don't forget the rock golems. Big brown rock golem. Big grey rock golem. Small brown rock golem. The classics.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's all about the birds. In all six colors and 3 sizes. There's big blue bird, small blue bird, medium blue bird.

And then don't forget the rock golems. Big brown rock golem. Big grey rock golem. Small brown rock golem. The classics.
If it's good enough for Final Fantasy it is good enough for Toki Towa!

Torraz

Same with alll the spells ;).

Awesome red projectile, black projective etc.etc.etc.

Hilarious OT.

Also, on a side note, can someone link me to Ryouga's topic giving his impressions/opinions on the Japanese version of the game? I see it get mentioned a lot (especially by him), but I've never actually seen it myself.

Preview: http://www.japanator.com/first-impressions-tokitowa-27096.phtml
Review: http://www.japanator.com/import-review-tokitowa-27727.phtml
Current: This thread.

I've seen the light now. I understand everything.

I SEE EVERYTHING.

I'm gonna get this because the boxart and graphics look good, I dont know if I'll actually play it though, good for my collection.

eternalb

Then the Vampires happened is an understatement. I've made it 20 hours in, I will not let them deter me.

But seriously F those vampires, all 3 variants of them.

iavi

It's a damn shame this is supposed to be so wack. I do like that boxart. A lot.

E: I just remembered that I actually played it for a spell at AX, and I mean a real 10 second incantation. The mixture of 2d and 3d was definitely weird, but it worked, in a weird way. Just running through a field with no goal in sight bored me to shit, though.

Oddly looking forward to this game. I hope it doesn't bomb too bad, NISA is one of the last localization companies we have in the dying JRPG market. It'd be sad to see them suffer. D:

Sad thing is the cover is best part of the game :(

The JP voice-acting is actually quite good too, especially if you're a fan of certain seiyuu. A friend of mine imported the game and constantly complained about how bad it was, but also gushed over the seiyuu every chance she got. I agree that the voice-work is good, but you won't see me gushing lol.

Top Bottom