• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Cube Jr.: 200 "Proofs" Earth is Not a Spinning Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
those comments

Thank you. This makes alot of sense to me. Im saddened to see my sleeping race from the outside. I want to explore flat earth and seek out the real facts...

Your friend from phoenix ��

mars-truth.jpg

giphy.gif

mclem

Gravity, Relativity et al. how does it work.
I wonder what the author would say if he or she were taken into space.

I'm pretty sure I've observed curvature of the world in a high-flying aircraft, you don't need to get to space. So... what do these folks think exists at the edge? And for that matter, where is it?

Soriku

I'm pretty sure I've observed curvature of the world in a high-flying aircraft, you don't need to get to space. So... what do these folks think exists at the edge? And for that matter, where is it?

Pretty sure the One Piece is at the edge.

" The idea that people are standing, ships are sailing and planes are flying upside down on certain parts of Earth while others tilted at 90 degrees and all other impossible angles is complete absurdity. The idea that a man digging a hole straight down could eventually reach sky on the other side is ludicrous. Common sense tells every free-thinking person correctly that there truly is an “up” and “down” in nature, unlike the “everything is relative” rhetoric of the Newtonian/Einsteinian paradigm.

10399998_814688535276377_8587554492356579603_n.jpg
"

Fu

cking

he

ll

Aiii

So not worth it
But you can go around it. Like, you start at one point, and then keep going in the same direction... And end up at the same point.

I mean.

How?

" When you observe the Sun and Moon you see two equally-sized equidistant circles tracing similar paths at similar speeds around a flat, stationary Earth. The “experts” at NASA, however, claim your common sense every day experience is false on all counts! To begin with, they say the Earth is not flat but a big ball; not stationary but spinning around 19 miles per second; they say the Sun does not revolve around the Earth as it appears, but Earth revolves around the Sun; the Moon, on the other hand, does revolve around the Earth, though not East to West as it appears, rather West to East; and the Sun is actually 400 times larger than the Moon and 400 times farther away! You can clearly see they are the same size and distance, you can see the Earth is flat, you can feel the Earth is stationary, but according to the gospel of modern astronomy, you are wrong and a simpleton worthy of endless ridicule if you dare to trust your own eyes and experience"

moon-sun_size.gif

This is gold.

21) If the Earth were truly constantly spinning Eastwards at over 1000mph, helicopters and hot-air balloons should be able to simply hover over the surface of the Earth and wait for their destinations to come to them!

There's a very logical explication for that.
Some people claim to have seen the curvature of the Earth out their airplane windows. The glass used in all commercial airplanes, however, is curved to remain flush with the fuselage. This creates a slight effect mixed with confirmation bias people mistake for being the alleged curvature of the Earth. In actuality, the fact that you can see the horizon at eye-level at 35,000 feet out both port/starboard windows proves the Earth is flat. If the Earth were a ball, no matter how big, the horizon would stay exactly where it was and you would have to look DOWN further and further to see the horizon at all. Looking straight out the window at 35,000 feet you should see nothing but "outer-space" from the port and starboard windows, as the Earth/horizon are supposed to be BELOW you. If they are visible at eye level outside both side windows, it’s because the Earth is flat

This is hilarious

32) If “gravity” is credited with being a force strong enough to hold the world’s oceans, buildings, people and atmosphere stuck to the surface of a rapidly spinning ball, then it is impossible for “gravity” to also simultaneously be weak enough to allow little birds, bugs, and planes to take-off and travel freely unabated in any direction.

33) If “gravity” is credited with being a force strong enough to curve the massive expanse of oceans around a globular Earth, it would be impossible for fish and other creatures to swim through such forcefully held water.

" When you observe the Sun and Moon you see two equally-sized equidistant circles tracing similar paths at similar speeds around a flat, stationary Earth. The “experts” at NASA, however, claim your common sense every day experience is false on all counts! To begin with, they say the Earth is not flat but a big ball; not stationary but spinning around 19 miles per second; they say the Sun does not revolve around the Earth as it appears, but Earth revolves around the Sun; the Moon, on the other hand, does revolve around the Earth, though not East to West as it appears, rather West to East; and the Sun is actually 400 times larger than the Moon and 400 times farther away! You can clearly see they are the same size and distance, you can see the Earth is flat, you can feel the Earth is stationary, but according to the gospel of modern astronomy, you are wrong and a simpleton worthy of endless ridicule if you dare to trust your own eyes and experience"

moon-sun_size.gif

image.php

neorej

ERMYGERD!
It's all fun and games people, but remember, someone actually wrote this. Imagine that; somebody actually sat down and took his or her sweet time to write this down and actually believes this nonsense.

It's 2015 and we still got people intellectually stuck in the Dark Ages.

What I can't figure out is if this is all one big conspiracy, what the hell is the point? What could anyone possibly gain from making everyone believe the Earth is round instead of flat?

Also one of the comments suggests that people don't fall off because the Arctic and Antarctic create a wall of ice keeping the oceans "in." And these people claim that gravity is magic... oh boy.

One of my favorite parts was when they say the moon produces its own light. Lol. Now that would be some magic.

Perhaps my favourite part is the quote marks around "outer space":

11017555_10152800215332601_6846039860615931619_n.jpg

My favorite part. Gravity must have pissed in these peoples' cornflakes or something.

Alx

Most of those arguments would be opposed by the same answer : "your definition of 'up' and 'down' is wrong."
Although it's still entertaining to think of the flat earth theory. Based on his comments on horizon, do "flat earthers" believe the earth is also infinite ? How come nobody went to the uncharted places then ? Or took a picture of the borders ?
Also what about "the bottom" ? Is it infinite downwards too, or what's on the other side ? A giant turtle ?

It would be funny if scientists went with the hypothesis of a flat earth, and built a whole model of its physics and everything.

I don't understand why people think a round earth is such a conspiracy. What's the point? Why would globe makers lose out if they had to start selling discs instead of balls?

Epic troll science is epic troll science.

You're missing the point; this is comedy genius!

Honestly, the guy is brilliant. I mean, how can you come up with so many quasi-plausible conjectures that may sorta kinda make sense for anyone who doesn't have a basic grasp of physics - and 200 of them, no less!

I don't understand why people think a round earth is such a conspiracy. What's the point? Why would globe makers lose out if they had to start selling discs instead of balls?

Well discs would require less material to manufacture, therefore the prices would drop and they would no longer be able to finance their lavish lifestyles.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If a hot air balloon stayed up for long enough, the world would rotate around them,right? Just that initially they have the same rotational momentum as the earth and they don't stay up long enough.

And as for Gravity - it does have to counter centripetal force, so how heavy would you weigh if the earth wasn't spinning?

Dryk

If the sun and moon are the same size and distance away how the fuck do they think eclipses work? Also if they're revolving around a flat Earth where do they go when they go below the horizon? What's at the bottom of the flat Earth? Why are these people so fucking stupid?

EDIT: Oh god I just started watching it. Dude... DUDE... there is parallax in the starscape, we have an entire unit of measurement based around it.

cntr

Banned

197) Some people claim there is no motive for such a grand-scale deception and that flat or a ball makes no difference. By removing Earth from the motionless center of the Universe, these Masons have moved us physically and metaphysically from a place of supreme importance to one of complete nihilistic indifference. If the Earth is the center of the Universe, then the ideas of God, creation, and a purpose for human existence are resplendent. But if the Earth is just one of billions of planets revolving around billions of stars in billions of galaxies, then the ideas of God, creation, and a specific purpose for Earth and human existence become highly implausible. By surreptitiously indoctrinating us into their scientific materialist Sun-worship, not only do we lose faith in anything beyond the material, we gain absolute faith in materiality, superficiality, status, selfishness, hedonism and consumerism. If there is no God, and everyone is just an accident, then all that really matters is me, me, me. They have turned Madonna, the Mother of God, into a material girl living in a material world. Their rich, powerful corporations with slick Sun-cult logos sell us idols to worship, slowly taking over the world while we tacitly believe their “science,” vote for their politicians, buy their products, listen to their music, and watch their movies, sacrificing our souls at the altar of materialism. To quote Morris Kline, “The heliocentric theory, by putting the sun at the center of the universe ... made man appear to be just one of a possible host of wanderers drifting through a cold sky. It seemed less likely that he was born to live gloriously and to attain paradise upon his death. Less likely, too, was it that he was the object of God’s ministrations.”
Love the "Madonna" bit.

Chariot

21) If the Earth were truly constantly spinning Eastwards at over 1000mph, helicopters and hot-air balloons should be able to simply hover over the surface of the Earth and wait for their destinations to come to them!
lmao. This is something me and my friends talked about in grade school and dropped it.

Nope...

I can't do it.

It's bad enough arguing with people that think illegal immigrants can use welfare without a SS#, this is a bridge too far for me.

Enjoy yourself GAF, because it's a big batch of nope for me.

Coreda

Does any language have a word for that physical sensation when you're reading/listening to something that's so ridiculous yet it curiously holds your attention because the person is so utterly invested in explaining their bizarre thoughts?

I had that feeling at times reading this.

I started browsing the page and found this: Adolf Hitler vs. The Jew World Order

They say "the winner's write history," it is absolutely true, and the most egregious example in modern times has to be the mainstream (mis)understanding of Adolf Hitler and pre-WWII Germany. Adolf Hitler was actually a vegetarian, animal-lover, an author, an artist, a political activist, economic reformer and nominated for a Nobel Peace prize. He enacted the world's first anti-animal cruelty, anti-pollution, and anti-smoking laws. Unlike the demonic portrait that the "allies" painted of him, Hitler was beloved by his people, he wanted nothing but peace, and never ordered the extermination of a single Jew. The largely Jewish-controlled mainstream media has ever since painted an evil picture of Hitler and the Jew World Order has even enacted laws in 16 European countries prohibiting free-speech on the issues of Judaism, Hitler and the Holocaust. I have compiled/edited this comprehensive documentary in the hopes of shedding light on one of the darkest secrets in world history. Please download, re-upload, and share this with everyone you can as this is a key lynch-pin issue and one which gets people censored and banned from JewTube regularly. Special thanks to the makers of Hellstorm, The Greatest Story Never Told, The Great Taboo, A Devil in Disguise, Jewish Ritual Murder, and all the other original video sources!

It's close to four hours long. D:

ThunderReign

Neo Member

moon-sun_size.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS12p0Zqlt0

massoluk

Banned
Must be satire.
43) If Earth was a ball there are several flights in the Southern hemisphere which would have their quickest, straightest path over the Antarctic continent such as Santiago, Chile to Sydney, Australia. Instead of taking the shortest, quickest route in a straight line over Antarctica, all such flights detour all manner of directions away from Antarctica instead claiming the temperatures too cold for airplane travel! Considering the fact that there are plenty of flights to/from/over Antarctica, and NASA claims to have technology keeping them in conditions far colder (and far hotter) than any experienced on Earth, such an excuse is clearly just an excuse, and these flights aren’t made because they are impossible.
antarcz%2B-%2BCopy.gif

for those who are not in the joke, the vast majority of flat earthers (even and especially on flat earth society) are trolls and pranksters. Almost nobody actually believes in that stuff.
So yes, it is satire.

Gnome

I'm offended by the use of outer bevel on that book cover.

Also, Terry Pratchett's Discworld is a scientific theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom