• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Cube Redux: Space Moors, Freemasons, black means white, there was no slavery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words are concrete so we can communicate. If I say dog means dog, how is that subjective?
Words are one of the least concrete things in existence, if I say dog means cat, and an entire group of people are taught the language this way, then to them dog means cat, in their language, which would e an offshoot of English where the meaning of the word "dog" changed, also there are no original meanings of words, if all words kept their original meaning, then we could all speak linear A or some other Neolithic Shit.

watershed

Banned
This is your opinion but the reality of a word is present regardless of how many people decide to use it wrong, truth always stays true.
The truth of language always stays the same? You are literally wrong. LITERALLY. Quoting an old dictionary doesn't make that definition "true".

ljLE6ZE.jpg

I just realized that it has probably been more than a year since I've seen a phone cord in real life.

Orayn

OP's posts read like some Freemen on the Land or Sovereign Citizen junk, mostly because of the raging fetish for incredibly strict and legalistic definitions for absolutely everything.

Zaptruder

Banned
It's like the OP has some sort of weird mental disorder.

Some form of Words with Aspergers?

Or maybe he just fails to grasp that words have multiple meanings, and that some meanings grow stronger or weaker over time depending on their frequency of usage in context across population.

PBY

Banned
OP's posts read like some Freemen on the Land or Sovereign Citizen junk, mostly because of the raging fetish for incredibly strict and legalistic definitions for absolutely everything.

Honestly, no sarcasm- I'm totally fascinated. Could read pages of his thoughts on life and the universe. And america.

collige

Banned
Some questions OP: if words are so concrete and permanent, then why is there more than one dictionary out there? Which one do we believe? And why do these dictionaries keep releasing updated versions?

Cat Party

Yup. I'm sure he posted this on his way to collect his share of the gold reserve.

OP I'm going to give you a slightly serious reply since you're obviously into "learning" things, despite maybe not knowing how to apply what you've learned in a way that isn't completely pedantic:

I'd really advise that you look up semiotics, especially where it pertains to language and how cultures assign meanings based on context

Seems OP is actually African American himself.

Some quotes:
I'm going to have to call bullshit on us being made more athletic through breeding, makes no sense really. We as Moors or Africans are athletic simply by nature.
Yo Robert, so called blacks are the Native Americans. Look up 1823 Webster's definition of American. We weren't brought here on fucking ships, it would be impossible.
I'm offended you call the education here in this country European Education when your ancestors the Moors taught the Europeans every study they have. It's not their education, it's your'
Tommy you need to research the entomology of the word black. Black actually means pale or bleached. You are not pale or bleached so how can you truly be black?
Keep calling yourself black or African American and you'll continue to fail. You are not black, black is an adjective, not an noun which is a person, place, thing or name. You want the respect if Europeans, then acquired your true nationality. Black and white are tiers of legal status. Europeans are actually black, not white in America seeing as they aren't indigenous to America but as a Moor you are indigenous. Malcolm X had figured out we were Moors and he was killed
And one last thing, research the origin of n****r and why Europeans started using it. "Negus" denotes a king. Naga, which nigger comes from, means snake. In the ancient world the snake was seen as a wise symbol, it was a symbol of knowledge and life so when you say n**a, actually naga you're empowering yourself so who the fuck cares if Europeans say n***a or n****r? Do the fucking research and fucking learn something.
Had to censor out offensive words.

Orayn

Some questions OP: if words are so concrete and permanent, then why is there more than one dictionary out there? Which one do we believe? And why do these dictionaries keep releasing updated versions?

Obviously they're all corruptions of the ur-dictionary, passed down to white Aryan Moses by Almighty Jehovah-God. This is kindergarten level stuff, man.

PBY

Banned
True but the origin of the word still remains regardless of how many people use it incorrectly. That's why etymology is such a good study.

2 things.

A- who determines the original meaning? why does the original meaning matter anymore?

B- Can I get at least one paragraph summarizing your views on... well, whatever we're discussing?

Thanks dog

Words are concrete so we can communicate. If I say dog means dog, how is that subjective?

Words can change. They HAVE changed. This can be proven. It wasn't always called a dog. English used to not exist. That doesn't mean "dog" is incorrect, and only the first utterance to describe the creature is valid.

Cobragt4001, tell me about Yakub.

(nation of islam was my second guess after neoreactionary, the olmec and "banker" talk was a huge red flag)

True but the origin of the word still remains regardless of how many people use it incorrectly. That's why etymology is such a good study.

People aren't using it incorrectly. There is no correct and incorrect. There is standard and nonstandard. English isn't incorrect proto-Indo european.

Kazerei

Banned
Seems OP is actually African American himself.

Some quotes:

Had to censor out offensive words.

Oh wow.

When I wake up tomorrow morning I hope there's a Lionel Mandrake summary.

We are Moors and we were never brought to this country. America is our land. If we were brought here in ships then where the fuck are the ships at? Where can I see a physical slave ship?
Wood... rots.

I see, I see ... that explains it ... >_>

If the majority of people agree on the meaning of a word, then it isn't incorrect. Language is about communicating meaning. If I understand what you're saying, what does it matter if people a few hundred years ago thought the same sounds meant something different?

Okay - as hilarious and enlightening as it is to pin down exactly what "school" of thought the OP is coming from, linking to their social media pages is not cool.

AntoneM

I hope this OP has not actually pissed some one off because I would like to request that he post at least one thread a week in case GAF ever has a slow week.

If the majority of people agree on the meaning of a word, then it isn't incorrect. Language is about communicating meaning. If I understand what you're saying, what does it matter if people a few hundred years ago thought the same sounds meant something different?

Seriously. And English didn't arrive from the gods. It itself is derived from an older language which is derived from an even older language and so on until the first language(s). If he really wants to take his dumbass argument to its logical conclusion, every language except the very first language is wrong.

It seems that way, didn't know those existed until today.

Yep. I learned something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom