• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh | Teaser | Pendulo Studios & Microids

Tintin and his faithful dog Snowy will set sail for incredible adventures! After meeting with the Egyptologist Sophocles Sarcophagus during a Mediterranean cruise, the famous reporter decides to investigate the Pharaoh Kih-Oskh’s tomb. What terrible secret does the tomb hide? From Egypt to India and Arabia, Tintin and Snowy will follow a lead on narcotics trafficking all the way to the far east.

This new adventure game will immerse players into the captivating comic book’s universe and make them the heroes of an epic action adventure masterpiece. With an art direction faithful to Hergé’s drawings, this game is lining up to be a jubilant adaptation!

- Faithfulness to the comics series
Featuring all the facets of the Tintin universe and with a story full of twists making part of Hergé’s great creative legacy, the game plunges you into the heart of mysterious Egypt and other lands of infinite beauty. “Cigars of the Pharaoh”, the 4th album of the series was prepublished in December 1932 in the youth supplement “Le Petit – Vingtième”.

- A lot of adventures to live
Join Tintin in a series of action-packed puzzles as he tries to solve an international drug trafficking case by exploring the Orient, but also an ancient temple, a desert the depths of a lush jungle and other magnificent but challenging locations.

- Many different gameplays to master
A unique and innovative gameplay combining all the key elements of adventure and investigation video games. A game that puts you in a reporter’s shoes, searching for clues, infiltrating hostile places and solving puzzles with the help of investigative dialogues sumptuously enriched with breathtaking video sequences.

JCK75

When I saw the title I was friggin hoping I had accidently clicked on Off-Topic and there was finally going to be a second movie... but I'll take what I can get.

Screenshots:

av1u2a9.jpg

Pmu15Ds.jpg

F8yXGkP.jpg

Kxij4SF.jpg

jaysius

Banned
Oh fuck I hope they have new blood on this, looking at what they've put out... I've waited so long for new Tintin content...

not like this GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
it better have Captain Haddock shooting someone I swear to god.

EDIT: just realised this is long before Captain Haddock was introduced, I am now sad :(

Last edited:

CamHostage

I always thought an Uncharted Tintin would've been a cooler Uncharted.

Hmmm, Uncharted in what way? Tintin is an action kid, but he doesn't spend most of his day shooting and Brutal Combo'ing thugs to death like Drake does. And then as far as swinging on ropes and climbing around cave walls, he can do that without it really being an Uncharted-type game.

A big-budget action-packed extravaganza feels too out there for the kind of fun and mystery he should be getting into. Swashbuckling setpieces, sure, but focus on a kid and a dog having an adventure. The previous Ubisoft game didn't light the world on fire and was sort of wobbly in overall polish, but it did seem like a fairly smart assemblage of different TinTin play ideas.

(2011 Ubi game)

Microids doing a point-and-click Tintin with a little extra button-tapping action seems fine to me too. (I'm not too familiar with Pendulo Studios and it's Yesterday or Runaway games; they just finished a modern-day Vertigo game that's so-so in reception.) I actually like the name "Tintin Reporter" now that I've seen it a few times, at first I thought it was boring compared to the more common action-type names like The Adventures of Tintin, but now I appreciate that it's putting the investigative reporter aspect front-and-center.

Last edited:
Top Bottom