• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tintnfall - 16 maaps fo laucnh, bxone alph a textures ARE fin@l assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

CBOAT, what's going on here?

Uh oh! Shots fired at CBOAT!
nIUy5Gc.png

Also,

Now that half of you are browsing crappy unauthorized cellphone pics...

TO BE EXPLICIT:

All textures in this Alpha Test build are at 25% of the final game's resolution. So if you're staring at a 256x256 texture, that's actually a 512x512 texture in the real game. 512? That's a 1024. It's a huge, huge, huge difference. Especially on terrain, weapons, cockpits, hands, effects, etc.

There's a reason the build is under NDA. It's not for showing off, or giving people a fair idea of what the game looks like, or for pixel counting. You'll still have your chance to scream "lolz pixels lazy devs Goldeneye N64 lololololol", but now is not the time.

(Well; menu images are probably full res.)

The Respawn guy posted this on the Xbox One Alpha thread. So he isn't referring to PC.

daman824

I can see the textures themselves being final along with the jaggies and low res but the texture resolution being higher in the final build. It's the same assets, but the textures are at higher resolutions. I'm going with the respawn dev on this one. Cboat has been wrong before and if the alpha textures were final he wouldn't say anything (just like they didn't say anything after 720p got leaked). And if he did say anything, it would be something along the lines of "the alpha build isn't final". He was incredibly specific with the whole 25% thing.

The map number really means very little, IMO. What matters is the quality of the maps. I played the same 2~4 maps in Battlefield 2 for years because they were that good.

Yeah but as a game lives on even the bad maps become fun to play.

Take Socom for example. You got Crossroads/Desert Glory/Nightstalker/Frostfire to name a few that will be full every game & for good reason. By the end of its peak tons of players were specifically looking for harder, less played maps. Enowopi, Bitter Jungle, Requiem, Death Trap, etc. Think the game launched with a total of 18-20 iirc.

Last gen relied way too heavily on less maps more game modes & DLC and killed the longevity of titles before they could even mature.

Kudos for more maps

E92 M3

Damn - two crazy threads to keep up with now :( Loving this Wednesday.

16 maps is very nice; was definitely expecting 12. If at least half these maps are on the same quality level as Crash or Vacant, I'm going to be one happy man.

Atolm

I don't see a reason to be impressed about the 16 maps thing when we're dealing with a multiplayer only game sold at 60$ and with DLCs already on the way.

So the textures seen in alpha will be in the final version?

At this rate there won't be a difference between the Xbone and 360 versions.

Edit: I read the updates

antitrop

I don't see a reason to be impressed about the 16 maps thing when we're dealing with a multiplayer only game sold at 60$ and with DLCs already on the way.

Well, it's 16 maps with a pseudo-campaign built around them.

The Campaign Multiplayer could end up being incredible, or it could be completely worthless. They haven't really shown enough of it to get a clear idea either way.

Sharp

Someone is feeding false information to multiple sources in an attempt to narrow down who CBOAT really is, clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom