• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny off-screen shot of (Sleeping Dogs:) Triad Wars

http://instagram.com/p/hmhvMKJxdd/#

https://twitter.com/UnitedFrontGame/status/409616511913848833

euuL15X.png

Just finished Sleeping Dogs last night. I know I'm LTTP, but damn that game was soooo good.

I stopped playing GTA V after I started Sleeping Dogs as the game-play is just so much better. I loved the fighting mechanics. Driving was a lot more arcade like than GTA V, but a lot more fun. And the shooting just felt better. Shen is also a better protagonist than all three characters in GTA V. Can't wait for Triad Wars.

I'll give it that Rockstar has higher production values (due mostly to having a bigger budget) and that they build open world environments like no other, but they are sorely lacking in game-play and providing likable characters.

Arsenic13

Sleeping Dogs is a damn good game. I hope SE isn't doing some multiplayer title instead of a sequel with a brand new story.

If that screenshot means we'll get a full quality SD game with multiplayer, then I hope it's good. That series need to be seen as viable by SE.

Squire

Banned
I really hope this has a full-fledged SP component. GTA Online is fucking awful. We don't need any more of that experience or anything else like it.

Yeah without a singleplayer or a narrative to hold it all together, I don't know how'd excited I am for this. Especially since I recall them mentioning they needed people experienced with multiplayer since they had 0 experience.

Harlequin

Sleeping Dogs was SO much fun. It's funny how GTA's and Sleeping Dogs' formulas are quite similar yet, I hate GTA and love Sleeping Dogs. It's just so much more fun, has a better atmosphere and a story that's actually worth playing through. So yeah, can't wait for this.

Tabby

Screw Pork Buns.
I want Turnip Cake, I want Custard Buns.

I still need to finish Sleepy Dawgs.
From what I've played so far it's great, prefer it to GTAIV.

I have a bad feeling this isn't going to be the sequel to sleepy dawgs that we all want.

There's too much screwy nonsense at SE these days, I refuse to get hyped about anything to do with this game until we can be sure it is a full fledged proper SP follow up to the great and wonderful Sleeping Dogs. I couldn't take the heartbreak if it turned out SE were just shitting in my cornflakes.

Teddified

I'll wait for more info before getting too excited, but I hope it's more of a SP game with maybe just some GTA like multiplayer. That way I can still get the SP portion I want.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Triad Wars isn't DLC. It's the next Sleeping Dogs game from United Front Games. They confirm on the twitter that this is indeed Triad Wars.

Certinty

Wow! Given the name I expected some sort of strategy game or something, so happy it isn't!

First game was AMAZING, can't wait!

Top Bottom