• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands – Official Story Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Make friends 🤗, crush quests🐉, and grab fate by the fireballs!🔥!

.... I MEAN ✨SAVE THE WONDERLANDS!✨

Embark on an epic adventure full of whimsy, wonder, and high-powered weaponry! Bullets, magic, and broadswords collide across this chaotic fantasy world brought to life by the unpredictable Tiny Tina.

Roll your own multiclass hero and loot, shoot, slash, and cast your way through outlandish monsters and loot-filled dungeons on a quest to stop the tyrannical Dragon Lord. Everyone's welcome, so join the party, throw on your adventuring boots, and be Chaotic Great!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Meet the Clawbringer and Spellshot classes in the new Tiny Tina's Wonderlands trailer.

The Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Spellshot class is "ambi-hextrous", meaning that they can cast spells with both hands, combining fire and ice for devastating combos. Spellshots can also use their polymorph spell to turn enemies into an animal. Alternatively, you can choose the Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Clawbringer, a warrior with a dragon companion. Using their Cleansing Flames move, Clawbringers can smash their hammer down on their foes, or simply throw it at them instead.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands releases on March 25, 2022 and will be available on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

TOTALLY NEW "NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN" CLASSES are HERE! 😏

R I S E from the grave and unleash devastating dark MAGIC as Graveborn! 💀
AND ( slash OR 💜)
call on nature's NASTIES as a powerful (and pungent) Spore Warden! 🍄

splattered

I wish they had just gone in this direction instead of making Borderlands 3. I still haven't finished that one, this looks so much better!

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I wish this franchise had a "everyone shut the f up" mode . Let me skip cutscene and dialogue .

I was so cringe at the dialogue that I rage quit and uninstall borderlands 3 after the first planet , shit is unbearable .
Ugh yeah, it tries so so hard to be funny, everybody just yapping constantly making cringe attempts at humor. Reminds me of Ghostbusters 2016

PerfectDark

Banned
BL3 classes were so vanilla and boring it ruined the game for me. The classes seem pretty generic as well. Hopefully they add more fun to them.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This is looking more and more fantastic as the trailers drop. There's a vibrance to what we've seen that just felt missing in BL3 (as good as the gameplay was, the game just wasn't fun compared to BL2). That they're going full wackadoo with this one is fantastic and hopefully we get back to what makes this series mindless fun.

I wish they had just gone in this direction instead of making Borderlands 3. I still haven't finished that one, this looks so much better!

Don't bother. Your patience and respect as a Borderlands fan is not rewarded in the game. Excellent graphics and post-game mode, but the narrative to get through it can kiss my grits.
BL3 classes were so vanilla and boring it ruined the game for me. The classes seem pretty generic as well. Hopefully they add more fun to them.

As far as I know they are going full D&D with this and letting you multiclass; so what starts out vanilla (like most pure classes) can become something wildly fun (Ranger class with Magic or Dark Paladin - just going off the so far announced classes).

DrJamesOxford

Neo Member
I wish this franchise had a "everyone shut the f up" mode . Let me skip cutscene and dialogue .

I was so cringe at the dialogue that I rage quit and uninstall borderlands 3 after the first planet , shit is unbearable .
B3 was pretty brutal - I also quit early but came back recently to play with all of the dlcs and have been enjoying it much more. I spent a few minutes on reddit and realized the twins were actually a pretty fair portrayal. I really liked Tina though so having a full game with her commentary should be less cringe.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out our first impressions of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, the upcoming Borderlands first-person shooter spinoff from Gearbox. We'll be exclusively covering Wonderlands all month long as part of our IGN First editorial program, and the game will be released on March 25, 2022, for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.

Sygma

Given how fucking good gameplay wise BL3 was and how this looks even better its gonna be a safe buy.

Really didn't expect Gearbox to be on par with modern ID, while also in my opinion being better than bungie

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm hoping it will be good. Since it's just full on DnD with Tina as the DM I think they could have something special. Gameplay in BL3 was good but everything else was trash. I really prefer Borderlands 1 overall in atmosphere and general feel.

Only issue I'll have is the long wait given EGS has a exclusivity deal with the game and players won't see it on Steam at either the tail end of 2022 or well into 2023.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Those hankering for more Borderlands thankfully won't have to wait another seven years for a new game. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, a spin-off to the franchise, releases on March 25th for Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, PC and Xbox One.

It's a Dungeons and Dragons spoof but offers plenty to keep fans engaged. Let's take a look at 15 things you should know before buying it.

Zannegan

Any other NPC and I'd be into this, but in a series with a slew of intentionally awful characters, Tina is by far the worst.

Honestly, I wish they'd just made a new IP rather than a spinoff. Fantasy is always ripe for a ribald ribbing, and the gameplay looks fun (Borderlands always is). Tying this concept into the existing post-apocalyptic franchise adds nothing but baggage.

Last edited:
I don’t really care for Borderlands but I’m really looking forward to this as someone who plays a ton of D&D. Looks just like my kind of game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the release of Tiny Tina's Wonderland looming, we had a chance to have a fun chat with Ashly Burch discussing everything from her adventures in tabletop gaming, her D&D alignment, favorite Tiny Tina moment, and even words of wisdom as an established professional in the voice acting industry! In the words of Tiny Tina herself, "ROLL FOR INITIATIVE, SUCKAS!!"

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Drumroll please...🥁

🎉TA-DA! It's 20 MINUTES of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands GAMEPLAY! 🎉

Co-op 🤝, Mount Craw 🏔, two boss fights 🐲💀, + MORE in this walkthrough narrated by Creative Director Matt Cox.

Btw, this area is OPTIONAL! 😊

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

You see the MIRRORS OF MYSTERY and in the reflection...MORE WONDERLANDS, BAYBAY!!!

Battle new dangers with the Season Pass! New loot, new challenges, big bad bosses, and 😱 what's this? a new class?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is a spin-off Borderlands game and takes place inside a Bunkers and Badasses roleplaying campaign. Here’s everything you need to know about loot, guns, magic spells, majestic unicorns, starting classes, the tabletop overworld, co-op, and more.

Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is Gearbox’s latest take on the Borderlands series and expands on tabletop roleplaying themes from Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-Shot Adventure. Dragon’s Keep was originally DLC for Borderlands 2. The game is set inside a Bunkers and Badasses tabletop campaign run by Tiny Tina as the Bunker Master. Wonderlands sports a cast of new characters, but features several returning faces as well, like Tina, Butt Stallion, and Mr. Torgue. Newer characters Valentine, Frette, and The Dragon Lord are played by notable voice actors Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Andy Samberg, comedian, actor, writer Wanda Sykes, and Arrested Development’s, Will Arnett. Ashly Burch, fresh from her star turn as Aloy in Horizon Forbidden West returns as Tina.

The gameplay in Wonderlands departs from the Borderlands series with changes like a tabletop overworld, random encounters, a host of magic spells, wards, new classes based around the use of swords, hammers, and other fantasy weapons, as well as lots and lots of medieval-themed guns. Players are no longer locked to pre-made Vault Hunters and can fully customize their character, choose a backstory, voice, and pick one of six starting classes: the Brr-Zerker, Clawbringer Graveborn, Spellshot, Spore Warden, and Stabbomancer. Each class can be combined with any one of the other classes later in the game, which is called multiclassing. That allows for min/max builds or just bringing along multiple pets.

Wonderlands releases on March 25th with the Season One pass starting April 21st. The game will launch for PC, PS4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S, although you should be aware that only the two more expensive editions of the game have new-gen optimization

Inviusx

I'll be getting this for some coop action with my missus. Not enough games give a shit about local coop anymore so I have no issues supporting the devs that still care!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is a spinoff of the Borderlands franchise featuring one of the series' most prominent characters, Tiny Tina (played by Ashly Burch). But if you're looking to hop into Tiny Tina's latest game of Bunkers and Badasseses and have not played Borderlands before, or just need a refesher course, you may be wondering what makes Tiny Tina deserving of her own headlining adventure?

We break down the character's first appearance in Borderlands 2, her major DLC for that sequel, Assault on Dragon Keep, and how it all ties into the adventure that awaits players in Tiny Tina's Wonderlands. Plus, some of the developers from Gearbox chime in to help explain what makes the character such a favorite, the impressive performance from Burch that instantly helped her stand out from Pandora's already memorable cast, and what you do and don't need to know about her from Borderlands 2, Borderlands 3, and Assault on Dragon Keep ahead of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

This video includes some spoilers for Borderlands 2 and its DLC.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hidden deep withing the layers of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands new endgame mode, Chaos Chamber, there lurks some secret raid-like bosses for you to fight for extra loot in the randomly generated dungeon crawl.

In this video, we'll show you what steps you need to take in order to gain access to these bosses in Wonderlands. It starts with you finding hidden runes strewn about the different encounters in Chaos Chamber. Upon activating these runes, you'll need to solve a mini puzzle before moving on the next encounter. After all runes have been found and solved, you'll be given access to a new realm where Tiny Tina herself will have you battle against giant monsters in a classic Borderlands fashion. These raid tyle bosses, while easy enough to solo in low level versions of Chaos Chamber, prove to be increasingly more challenging as the level scales. Upon Defeating these bosses, you'll be granted hundreds of crystals to spend on sweet new loot at the end of the Chaos Chamber run.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands changes the Borderlands formula up to fit its fantasy theme to the point where some players may have missed things on their first playthrough. Here are seven things you might have missed when playing through the game for the first time. Sponsored by 2K.

In Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, the titular Tiny Tina is the bunker master of her game, bunkers and badasses, her version of Dungeon and Dragons. Joining her on the adventure are Valentine (Andy Samberg) and Frette (Wanda Sykes) as well as a host of familiar Borderlands characters including Claptrap, Torque and more. Tina, Valentine and Frette take their characters on a quest to defeat the evil Dragon Lord (Will Arnett), along the way they visit areas such as Brighthoof, Weepwild Dankness, Tangledrift, Mount Craw and Crackmast Cove, and also encounter enemies like, Goblins, Trolls, Pirates, Shrooms, Crabs, Seawargs and Wyverns. In this new Borderlands spin-off, there are numerous gameplay tweaks that players of the Borderlands series may miss on their first playthrough, we’ve wrapped them all up here, including how Tina Tiny’s Wonderlands offers viable melee builds, how to find the Gearbox developer room, how mushroom enemies can be killed instantly by jumping on them, the character creator can be used to create some monstrous-looking characters, what the Chaos Chamber is, what the Lost Loot Machine does, and the value, and how to increase the Loot Luck stat.

Top Bottom