• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - Gameplay Reveal Trailer

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
You didn't miss much.
The gunplay is great, probably the best in the series, but I found the weapons to be the least interesting of the 3 games (no, TPS is a piece of shit that I refuse to acknowledge). And there are kinda... too many of them, and for me diluting the pool so much made the looting less interesting and making builds a chore. Collecting weapons just wasn't fun anymore. I played BL1 and BL2 for thousands of hours, but couldn't play another second after completing BL3.
But its greatest sin, what's really unforgivable and destroyed the franchise for me, is that the writing is SO BAD it's infuriating. I loved to death the characters, the humour and the writing of BL1 and BL2. BL3 is SJWish, amateurish, dumb, tryhard, idiotic and worst of all, it ruins estabilished characters. It's unforgivable.
BL went from absolute, unconditioned love to absolute contempt.

I actually just started playing BL3 in the last week or so. But I only play coop with my best friend who now lives very far away (or I live very far away), so its a fun time. We also played BL2 together.

I wont play BL3 solo so it should still be a good time. So far not liking the changes to the inventory management screen

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Smash skellies 💀 defeat dragons 🐲 & score sweet magic loot ✨ in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-Shot Adventure! 🙌 Play the 2013 quest that started it all in this standalone campaign! 💥

The Queen's been captured and her kingdom is in peril; only you and your friends have any chance of restoring peace to this eccentric, enchanted land. Blast your way through treacherous forests, spooky crypts, and fearsome fortresses, but beware—your journey can change in an instant on account of Tina's gleefully chaotic whims. Dive into this epic tabletop romp and get ready for the fantasy fight of your life!

Macattk15

Tina Tina was cool in BL2 for a tiny bit ... but jesus christ is her and her humor overdone and overplayed now. I don't know if I could take a whole game revolving around it even though I honestly enjoyed BL3.

Kssio_Aug

Maybe I'm boring, but their humor seems soo out of touch for me. I wish they tried WAY less to be funny and made their humor more subtle, it would probably make their games more appealing to me. As of now, I just can't picture myself playing this game while hearing all this shit for hours straight... I mean, watching this 2 minutes trailer already felt like quite a feat.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Maybe I'm boring, but their humor seems soo out of touch for me. I wish they tried WAY less to be funny and made their humor more subtle, it would probably make their games more appealing to me. As of now, I just can't picture myself playing this game while hearing all this shit for hours straight... I mean, watching this 2 minutes trailer already felt like quite a feat.
Look at e.g. Ghostbusters. Now that’s how you do an action comedy that works as both.

Not like, every single conversation has to include some zany (yet woke-friendly) piss and shit jokes.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
For the folks who didn't play BL3 because it was "too woke. . ." I'm really curious where you're getting this from. BL3 was a horrible drop in quality from narratively from BL2 (and still better than BL1) but "wokeness" (a catch-all now for something we don't like it seems) is not what I would have identified as the issue.

As for TTW, here's hoping it leans into more of what made BL2 great (randomness and /reddit) and les of what made BL3 bad (thin idea about "the villains are streamers!" stretched over an entire game).

MikeM

For the folks who didn't play BL3 because it was "too woke. . ." I'm really curious where you're getting this from. BL3 was a horrible drop in quality from narratively from BL2 (and still better than BL1) but "wokeness" (a catch-all now for something we don't like it seems) is not what I would have identified as the issue.

As for TTW, here's hoping it leans into more of what made BL2 great (randomness and /reddit) and les of what made BL3 bad (thin idea about "the villains are streamers!" stretched over an entire game).
I just hated the twins and all of their dialogue. I hate to say it, but it was the definition of what kids call... "cringe."

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I just hated the twins and all of their dialogue. I hate to say it, but it was the definition of what kids call... "cringe."

Absolutely. I don't want to level a critcism of "dated" at the game (because streaming is still a big thing and perhaps will be after we die) when BL2 relied on so many memes from 2012, but having the meme be a core part of the narrative (as with the twins) instead of just as ammo for the jokes (TMNT, double rainbow, etc.) just didn't work for me. Excellent gameplay and the post-game tweaks are really great - you just don't give a shit about the world of the main campaign (the DLC are a lot better than the main campaign).

The first couple of hours basically felt like "strong, independent women vs comically useless males: the video game", but it gets better. there's also that story about people getting banned from the Gearbox forums for "misgendering" a fucking robot, but I have no idea how true that is.

Other than that, I mostly enjoyed the game, but I almost certainly won't be playing it much more than I already have, and won't be playing the other three characters. The story was pretty enjoyable until they tried to push some stupid world-building, but most of the NPCs were terrible (Vaughn and Ava can both die in a fire), and the twins wanted to be as popular as Jack but failed miserably.

The best part of the game were the DLCs, they managed to get back to the roots of the series with those. The first one showed how terrible the Calypso were as villains, when Jack did a better job in the intro sequence (while being dead) than them in the entire game, second one was awesome, third one was the most Borderlands-like (basically "space cow-boys vs dinosaur-riding yakuza"), fourth one was the weakest but had that same feeling as the DLC for TPS.

tl;dr: game was meh, DLCs make it much better, Moze is awesome (haha Iron bear goes brrr)

I've enjoyed all the Borderlands games (not played Pre Sequel actually), and am definitely looking forward to this. I only got to BL3 recently, didn't find the writing significantly different to BL2 (and like the poster above, didn't pick up on the 'woke' thing, but I wasn't going into it furious about all that anyway). I haven't finished the DLC yet either, because FH5...

Tiny Tina is great. She's meant to be annoying but also endearing I think, like your little sister, so I guess if you can't get past that this one might not be for you...

Top Bottom