• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tips for picking a new username?

I think a good username + avatar combination can take you far in this world.

It has to speak to the masses though, it should be memorable, yet only linger as long as it needs to.

Also, use capitalization if needed, things can get confusing. Therapist is cool, The Rapist is something different.

Javthusiast

Banned
I still have a hard time picking one I wanna use on my twitch, twitter etc. Changed it more than 7 times in the last 5 years and still not happy, lmao. Now gotta wait 2 months again to change it back on twitch, cause once again I made a hasty decision.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
theres so many ways to go about selecting a new username and you certainly dont want to regret it a few weeks later after its been tested out....

whats your advice so I dont fuck it up?

what makes a good username? powerful? memorable? jovial? short? ambiguous?
SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Brains

Whitesnake

Banned
Oh, you’re dissatisfied with your username? Must suck to be you 👀 lmao could never be me 😂💅

Alexa play “Bad Boys” by Whitesnake

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have any hobbies that it could pertain to?
"I Sniff Bicycle Seats" has a nice ring to it.

Mista

Banned
Wordplay is nice. You know like for example McDonalds use “Mc” before every name. You can change yours to McCunt Upsize or McDick

Mine isn’t something special, just a character name from JJBA.

I don't know. I tend to change my name way too often. I don't even know if Bushido Boi is a good username. I like it, I suppose. I mean, I've been using it for a while now. :messenger_dizzy:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Effrey Jepstein

Always good for inspiration. It spat out things like:

JOKINGLYPERIWINKLE
BANGERSSAMPSON
RUGPLOW
POODWECKERCLAMBAKE
MUGWUMPCROSSBRED
EMBLEMATICBLANCHING

Verdanth

Mine is the name of a disco from a TV series white a little twist.

Catch a name you fancy and do the same.

Last edited:
Now this is a great username.

wtepzAi.png

Top Bottom