• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Here are all the tactical abilities and ordnance arranged correctly and with in game pictures. First word is the tag used by the game.

Pilot Tactical Abilities (3):
cloak - Cloak (in beta)
heal - Stim (in beta)
sonar - Active Radar Pulse
sonar.png

Pilot Ordnance (4):
arc_grenade - Arc Grenade (in beta)
frag_grenade - Frag Grenade (in beta)
proximity_mine - Arc Mine
mine.png

satchel charge - Satchel Charge
satchel.png

Titan Tactical Abilities (3):
vortex - Vortex Shield (in beta)
smoke - Electric Smoke (in beta)
bubble_shield - Particle Wall
bubble.png

Titan Ordnance (4):
salvo_rockets - Rocket Salvo (in beta)
homing_rockets - Slaved Warheads (in beta)
cluster_rocket - Cluster Missile
cluster.png

shoulder_rockets - Multi-Target Missile System
target.png

Raide

Particle Wall sounds interesting. I am guessing Pilot based but I wonder how quickly a Titan can drop that poor shield.

Not sure if I like the idea of Active Radar Pulse. The Burn Card version seems ok, since it pulses but the full version makes everything going super weird.

RazorUK

Particle Wall sounds interesting. I am guessing Pilot based.

Particle Wall is a Titan Tactical Ability that you'd have to replace Vortex Shield or Smoke with.

edit - Sorry I think I misread your post.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I still don't know if I'm buying this day 1 because it comes out the same day as Dark Souls 2 but I think I'm ready to put $60 down on this. Thanks for the info.

Milennia

Particle Wall sounds interesting. I am guessing Pilot based but I wonder how quickly a Titan can drop that poor shield.

Not sure if I like the idea of Active Radar Pulse. The Burn Card version seems ok, since it pulses but the full version makes everything going super weird.

its a titan ability, it wouldnt be balanced around pilot play.

i imagine it would take another titan damage cooldown to kill it in one go, such as salvo,

Raide

Particle Wall is a Titan Tactical Ability that you'd have to replace Vortex Shield or Smoke with.

edit - Sorry I think I misread your post.

Sorry, I should have worded things a bit better. :D

Being Titan based means the shield will be pretty large right? Could lead to some useful blocking for Pilots etc but might get abused a touch during the Epilogue parts...actually, that would stop the enemy camping the spot or sniping Pilots as they escape.

Lothars

This is a concept that is above most people's heads and far too difficult to understand.

You make it sound like Titanfall shouldn't get the criticism because It has a good multiplayer but people keep bringing up games that had more content than Titanfall and had a single player.

There are tons of examples just on the Xbox side alone from last generation including Gears and Halo. Heck Gears 1 shipped with 10 maps and a full single player coop campaign.

I think 15 maps is a decent amount but I am not convinced about the value being worth 60 dollars for a multiplayer only game.

Maybe there's a bunch of unannounced things that are being missed but a multiplayer only game needs to have a bunch more content to make up for the loss of a single player or be at a lower price point which it will be sold at 60.

Edit: I am probably going to buy Titanfall but have no quarms about saying that I am not exactly seeing how this can be a 60 dollar game with what's being talked about here.

RazorUK

I hope razor gets to the weapons soon.

Working on it, I messed something up for a while but got weapons working now.
car.png

The weapon info in the first post is all the model names but some are used by AI, so I don't think it is accurate. I believe I have the final list now and will work on adding them to the game.

Milennia

Working on it, I messed something up for a while but got weapons working.
car.png

The weapon info in the first post is all the model names but some are used by AI, so I don't think it is accurate. I believe I have the final list now and will work on adding them to the game.

wtf, this thing is an assault rifle classified as an smg?
so weird.

MNC

I'm missing the fun, gimmicky game modes, like a race or "the floor is lava" since there is so much parkour.

I'm still so bummed out that this game isn't slated to have more interesting modes. They set the foundation for a DotA-like shooter, yet don't incorporate any truly DotA-like modes. That, to me, is mind boggling.

Perhaps the campaign will be the mode I'm looking for?

TheOddOne

Re: Value debate

It is totally understandable that some might not find enough value in Titanfall. Each consumer is different, one sees absolute value in the longevity of the multiplayer portion, some see value in a good singeplayer experience and others value both modes. From outside looking in, Titanfall seems very barebones and it is hard to see enough justification for the price tag. However, when you strip down a lot of other games to their core barebones―so without things overlapping content, DLC and big updates―you would have a lot of problem trying to justify their entry price. Even those with the perception of a lot of content are often padded stuff, that make it seem more then it really is. But those games did get their fair share, because of aspects like gameplay, sandbox, maps and more. In the end, you played a game that sometimes lacked content, but made up by doing everything else or one specific aspect just about right.

I know that sounds like lowering standards and it is to some extent. Content is, for most part, always king. That does not mean that all content is king though, one well designed map is always better than ten mediocre maps. A huge amount of maps sounds great as a bulletin point , but in the end it adds very little to the overall value if most of them are forgettable. It is hard to qualify whether the maps are good, because most of them have not been sampled. And a great maps emerge after they have been played on for at least a month or even months. So it is difficult to argue that all the maps will be great and add substantial value to Titanfall. The only thing it has got going for it is that CoD4 and MW2 map makers are behind it—which could mean a lot for certain people and for others it is a big meh.

For most people who have played online shooters, the value proposition might be less of an issue. You might be shocked that I play the Halo games and I adore both the single-and multiplayer portion of those games, but I have spent a huge amount of my time in multiplayer. Most of those games had a good amount of maps, but I only liked some of them. So in theory, there was just not enough content to me justifying to buy if I had know that beforehand. However I’ve spend countless hours playing those games and enjoying it immensely because it was so much fun, and in the end I got my monies worth and then some. I took that plunge and accepted for what it was. In the end I had no regrets. There are enough gamers that take the plunge and find enough value to justify their purchase.

It is harder to take the plunge when other more familiar games are doing more and players are more accustom to the value proposition given by them. If you look at Titanfall to replace your regular go-to game(s) or even to add it to your rotation, you’re right to expect a lot from the package. A lot of it is unproven and it is hard to argue about a concrete selling points besides “it is fun”. You could argue that supporting a new team and new IP, but that sounds like a very corporate thing to say and has less to do with the actual game. On the other hand, I do like “fun” and I do want to support Respawn (Oh, Abbie marry me).

It is a complex issue.

Milennia

Where is the 360 footage of this game? does it even exist? were a month away from launch.

bout a week later, so 5 weeks out for the 360 version.
no idea what it looks like or anything, sort of disheartening for those that are picking it up and have no other option.

RazorUK

Kraber-AP Sniper
kraber.png

As I mentioned above, the weapon list in the first post is not correct. That list has all the model names. I believe some are used for AI and others for the burn card variations.

Milennia

Kraber-AP Sniper
kraber.png

As I mentioned above, the weapon list in the first post is not correct. That list has all the model names. I believe some are used for AI and others for the burn card variations.

yep, thats the burn card rifle, except without the explosive rounds.
theres your bolt action one shot rifle.

Raide

Kraber-AP Sniper
kraber.png

All we need is a Unreal Shock Rifle variant and off we go!

B3N1

So far we have:

M14 - G2A4
M16 - Hemlok
Barrett - Kraber

plus the beta weapons.

The cod4 feels... sogood.gif

bout a week later, so 5 weeks out for the 360 version.
no idea what it looks like or anything, sort of disheartening for those that are picking it up and have no other option.

Seeing the MGS comparisons gives me a lot of hope. I think the 360 version is actually going to be surprisingly good. If that is the case why would they show it.

Milennia

Seeing the MGS comparisons gives me a lot of hope. I think the 360 version is actually going to be surprisingly good. If that is the case why would they show it.

i dont understand, if its good why would they show it?
because its good and its reassurance.
especially when the game is heavily (nearly 100%) marketed towards the xbone.

Leatherface

Had a chance to play beta on the PC last night. Used downsampling for a resolution of 2880 x 1620 and it ran decently smooth at between 45-50 FPS. I tell you , this game may not be a visual powerhouse compared to some other games, but it still looks good and the gameplay is fun as hell. I'm all in. I'll be purchasing the PC version for sure. :)

Milennia

Spitfire LMG:

spitfire.png

very strong for an LMG, however the description scares me.
i can control LMG recoil just fine in other games, however they usually dont flat out tell you not to, like this description practically does.

i wonder just how bad the burst recoil is.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
very strong for an LMG, however the description scares me.
i can control LMG recoil just fine in other games, however they usually dont flat out tell you not to, like this description practically does.

i wonder just how bad the burst recoil is.

This sounds kinda fun actually.

Victrix

*beard*
The recoil is really harsh, I've used the amped version a fair amount, and gotten ripped by ar and even smg users on occasion.

Awesome for rodeo use though!

Top Bottom