• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

Hip Hop

I wonder what they are planning after this game is released?

Would love to see an alternate reality World War II Titanfall where Titans have been built, but you can clearly see it without new age tech. Or steampunk mechs.

Victrix

*beard*
I wonder what they are planning after this game is released?

Would love to see an alternate reality World War II Titanfall where Titans have been built, but you can clearly see it without new age tech. Or steampunk mechs.

Titan battles on ships in orbit

Titan battles on space stations

Titan battles on alien planets

TITANS

Alienous

Check this link out looks like many of these are being confirmed in a new artbook. This link contains major spoilers in my opinion so click at your own discretion you have been warned.

New Details About Titanfall

" ... the NeoGAF leaks ... "

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Check this link out looks like many of these are being confirmed in a new artbook. This link contains major spoilers in my opinion so click at your own discretion you have been warned.

New Details About Titanfall

The 'Demeter' planet is where the 'O2' multiplayer map is based on. I found all the campaign missions/objectives and a developer commented the map as 'O2 (Demeter).'

Milennia

The 'Demeter' planet is where the 'O2' multiplayer map is based on. I found all the campaign missions/objectives and a developer commented the map as 'O2 (Demeter).'

Without spoilers, how's the campaign looking to you?

I'm pretty curious about how they are approaching it.
Are there exclusive environments ? Or does everything just take place on the multiplayer maps?

Vico

Titanfall might have just became 1000x more interesting...

New thread worthy?

It's just in the artbook.
Doesn't seem like it should really be announced before the game's out.

I wish websites would realise this is a spoiler.

Bsigg12

It's sort of tough since it's a multiplayer only game, you don't expect spoilers like that.

MajorPain

I thought about making it a new thread but thought it fit well right here.

Edit: Meant to reply to the post you replied to.

Coolade

"The ironic thing is that we wanted an engine that would work on PS3, because that’s the riskiest platform in current gen. When Portal 2 came out and it seemed to be a pretty decent PS3 game, that was the point when we decided to go with Source.

And then we stopped supporting PS3." - Richard Baker for Respawn Entertainment

http://www.slashgear.com/titanfall-playstation-3-edition-discovered-in-production-code-18317309/

Crazy that this game was specifically built on the source engine for Sony consoles only to wind up being exclusive for 360/X1.

RazorUK

Without spoilers, how's the campaign looking to you?

I'm pretty curious about how they are approaching it.
Are there exclusive environments ? Or does everything just take place on the multiplayer maps?

Difficult to say much without spoiling things as I'm just looking at the text. Sounds cool but don't know how it will work in actual gameplay.

It appears that 'only' these maps work in campaign:
Fracture
Colony
Relic
Angel City
Outpost 207
Boneyard
Airbase
o2 (Demeter)
Corporate

The other maps (Nexus, Lagoon, Smuggler's Cove, Rise, Overlook, Training Ground) do not have CAMPAIGN_NAME and CAMPAIGN_DESC strings that display in the menu. Bare in mind this is from beta files.

Incase anyone missed my earlier posts:

Gametypes:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101278685&postcount=821
Full Perks:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101298092&postcount=836

Milennia

Difficult to say much without spoiling things as I'm just looking at the text. Sounds cool but don't know how it will work in actual gameplay.

It appears that 'only' these maps work in campaign:
Fracture
Colony
Relic
Angel City
Outpost 207
Boneyard
Airbase
o2 (Demeter)
Corporate

The other maps (Nexus, Lagoon, Smuggler's Cove, Rise, Overlook, Training Ground) do not have CAMPAIGN_NAME and CAMPAIGN_DESC strings that display in the menu. Bare in mind this is from beta files.

Ahhh ok thanks.
So the campaign seems to be what I thought it was, a tour of the multiplayer maps with some rp, at least that's how it look to me for now.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It's sort of tough since it's a multiplayer only game, you don't expect spoilers like that.

I had a feeling that Respawn was being really vague about the campaign multiplayer because spoilers were possible with it - we probably have a lot more to expect than what we even know now regarding it. Granted, Reapawn has been practically vague about everything but being vague about the campaign multiplayer at least made sense to me.

Those new multiplayer campaign details sound awesome. This might be the thing that separates it from being just another shooter, and more revolutionary then many gave it credit for. Maybe they can pull off an interesting story while playing against real players instead of A.I. I was already buying it, but now I'm actually really looking forward to Titanfall.

Raide

Those new multiplayer campaign details sound awesome. This might be the thing that separates it from being just another shooter, and more revolutionary then many gave it credit for. Maybe they can pull off an interesting story while playing against real players instead of A.I. I was already buying it, but now I'm actually really looking forward to Titanfall.

Instead of straight matches where the players spawn in, see a countdown and then murder each-other is already being replaced with the dropships and Titan drops. Now imagine if that 60-90 second wait is actual story and planning some epic attack on an enemy base. The other side gets their story which shows the alarms going mental and prepping for an imminent attack. Then the match starts.

Throw in the possibilities of creatures interacting with players and it more than some eye-candy Levelution trick.

RazorUK

Instead of straight matches where the players spawn in, see a countdown and then murder each-other is already being replaced with the dropships and Titan drops. Now imagine if that 60-90 second wait is actual story and planning some epic attack on an enemy base. The other side gets their story which shows the alarms going mental and prepping for an imminent attack. Then the match starts.

Throw in the possibilities of creatures interacting with players and it more than some eye-candy Levelution trick.

Its going to be a long wait til 3/11/14.

This, very much. Feel like I could actually enter your daydream :D

I need to resist this thread...it's making the wait unbearable. I pray that it ends up working similar to how you explain it lol.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Seriously? Major plottwist.

Top Bottom