• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Code:
Pilot Hunter		25	Win 50 Pilot Hunter matches

TDM/Pilot only mode?

The achievement list has confirmed the game mode information that is in the first post.
The older game mode information I posted had unfinished/not shipping game modes.

B3N1

The achievement list has confirmed the game type information that is in the first post.
The old game type information I posted had unfinished/not shipping game types.

Yeah, I've missed last page with the description of the game mode, last time I checked the thread you only had a mode named TDM found. :)

Timu

Xbone Cheevos... scroll past if you consider achievements spoilers but there is nothing story related in here

Code:
Name			GS	Description
Look Around		10	Snap the necks of 10 pilots
Build Yourself		15	Create a custom pilot loadout
Customize Your Ride	15	Create a custom titan loadout
Vortex Volley		15	Catch a projectile shot from a vortex with your own vortex
My Robot Army		20	Hack 20 spectres using the Data Knife
Best in Class		25	Finish as the top player on your team once
All charged up		25	Kill 5 enemies with one Arc Cannon shot
Pull!			25	Kill 10 ejecting Pilots
Pull Harder!		25	Kill an ejecting Pilot with the Plasma Railgun
All the Cards		25	Earn 500 burn cards
IMC Elite Pilot		25	Win every Campaign level as an IMC pilot
Militia Elite Pilot	25	Win every Campaign level as a Militia pilot
Death From Above	25	Kill 5 enemies by dropping a titan on them
Halfway There		25	Reach level 25
Flag Runner		25	Win 50 Capture The Flag matches
I Wore 'Em Down		25	Win 50 Attrition matches
Pilot Hunter		25	Win 50 Pilot Hunter matches
Captured Everything	25	Win 50 Hardpoint matches
I Stand Alone		25	Win 50 Last Titan Standing matches
I've Seen It All	25	Play every gameplay mode on every map
Ride 'Em Cowboy		25	Rodeo-kill a Titan
Like A Vacation		25	Complete training
I Killed Them All	25	Kill all pilots during the evacuation single-handedly
Freerunner		25	Wallrun for 5 kilometers
Superior in Every Way	25	Kill 1000 AI Soldiers
Titanfall		25	Call in your Titan 25 times
Refuge			50	Survive an evacuation
I Like a Challenge	50	Complete all challenges for a single weapon
IMC Pilot		50	Complete the IMC campaign
Militia Pilot		50	Complete the Militia campaign
My Generation		50	Became a second generation Pilot
Maxed Out		50	Reach level 50
All The Hardware	50	Unlock everything
Frequent Flyer		50	Play 50 Campaign matches
Gen 10			0	Reach the highest Pilot generation

The first challenge:
Early Adopter
Reach level 50 before the end of March 2014

No reward
Some of these are crazy.

sangreal

The achievement list has confirmed the game mode information that is in the first post.
The older game mode information I posted had unfinished/not shipping game modes.

The digital manual also confirms your modes in the OP but adds variety pack and campaign

Campaign mode is a story-based multiplayer experience. In Campaign mode you play through Titanfall’s maps in story order as either IMC or Militia. When you finish one faction’s story mode you are able to play again as the other side and experience the story from that perspective.

Note: The music volume is fixed in Campaign mode.

Variety Pack
Randomly selects any game mode on any map.

Those sound like terrible ideas that force people to play extremely narrowly.

I'm going to assume killing grunts/spectres counts... who wants to be forced to get 500 kills with the shotgun? That can ruin the game real fast..

RazorUK

Those sound like terrible ideas that force people to play extremely narrowly.

I'm going to assume killing grunts/spectres counts... who wants to be forced to get 500 kills with the shotgun? That can ruin the game real fast..

Challenges with 'enemies' means the kills can be players or A.I.
There are some challenges that say 'pilot' and killing A.I won't work for those.

Newest info:
Achievement list: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101750426&postcount=1039
Challenges required to reach next generation: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101753081&postcount=1047

Special C

Just to confirm you do get a permanent experience increase everytime you regenerate(prestige).
EXP modifier increases by 1 each time, so at max Generation you are getting 110% experience.

No indication of earning extra loadout slots? That was my favorite thing about prestiging in CoD

The most annoying one for me at least would probably be going to Regeneration 6. Having to kill so many ejecting pilots could become really annoying.

Thinking about the more difficult achievements...perhaps they could be gotten in a private lobby? They did say private lobbies would be coming after launch.

bidguy

Banned
achievement list looks like it will complete itself naturally if you play long enough

nothing crazy except for the kill all escaping pilots

RazorUK

No indication of earning extra loadout slots? That was my favorite thing about prestiging in CoD

There are 5 custom loadouts in total for Pilots and Titans. You do not gain any from prestiging.

Pilot Loadout 1 is unlocked at Level 5
Pilot Loadout 2 is unlocked at Level 5
Pilot Loadout 3 is unlocked at Level 5
Pilot Loadout 4 is unlocked at Level 15
Pilot Loadout 5 is unlocked at Level 30

Titan Loadout 1 is unlocked at Level 10
Titan Loadout 2 is unlocked at Level 10
Titan Loadout 3 is unlocked at Level 10
Titan Loadout 4 is unlocked at Level 20
Titan Loadout 5 is unlocked at Level 35

Special C

There are 5 custom loadouts in total for Pilots and Titans.

Pilot Loadout 4 is unlocked at Level 15
Pilot Loadout 5 is unlocked at Level 30

Titan Loadout 4 is unlocked at Level 20
Titan Loadout 5 is unlocked at Level 35

Yea I figured you get 5 by leveling up normally, but you could get up to 10 by prestiging in CoD. Oh well. 5 is generally enough, especially getting 90 seconds between matches to tweak to the map/gametype.

zonezeus

The most annoying one for me at least would probably be going to Regeneration 6. Having to kill so many ejecting pilots could become really annoying.

Thinking about the more difficult achievements...perhaps they could be gotten in a private lobby? They did say private lobbies would be coming after launch.

Destroying a doomed titan with pilot inside trying to eject should probably count, so it's not so bad.

xkramz

I Killed Them All 25 Kill all pilots during the evacuation single-handedly

hoyl crap thats epic bro..i can already feel the tension and shit wall running and speeding getting to the evac site. having titans runnings after you and killing everyone in sight =DDD im having deep titanfall withdrawal

i already have a xbone and really enjoyed the beta however our ISP (2nd largest in aus) has not upgraded its international links which means you cant connect to the datacentres in peak time which made the beta unplayable...when you could play you got pings of 130-280ms

so now i'm going to wait it out until MS and EA get their shit together and open up these long rumored aus datacentres...other aussies should not be letting them off so easy
entire lobbies of one bar connections is not fun

they should pack in a rubberband and call it the aus edition

RazorUK

Just to confirm you do get a permanent experience increase everytime you regenerate(prestige).
EXP Rate increases by 1 each time, so at max Generation you are getting 110% experience.

What I mentioned here was wrong. I messed up and misunderstood something completely.
I checked the function that adds experience at the end of a match and found the correct experience modifiers.
It's all becoming a bit of a blur at this point but this should be right, haha. Again we have to remember that this is from BETA code!

Generation 1 (starting) = 1.0x
Generation 2 = 1.1x
Generation 3 = 1.2x
Generation 4 = 1.3x
Generation 5 = 1.5x
Generation 6 = 1.8x
Generation 7 = 2.1x
Generation 8 = 2.5x
Generation 9 = 2.9x
Generation 10 = 3.5x

You get 3.5x experience when you are Generation 10.

Fred-87

I feel sad because the jumping and movement is fun. However the gunplay is same boring who points his gun first at the enemy wins (call of duty style). The movement of this game would be perfect for a Unreal type of shooting.

B3N1

What I mentioned here was wrong. I believe it was some test Exp Rate.
I checked the function that adds experience at the end of a match and found the correct experience modifiers.
It's all becoming a bit of a blur at this point but this should be right, haha.

Generation 1 (starting) = 1x
Generation 2 = 1.1x
Generation 3 = 1.2x
Generation 4 = 1.3x
Generation 5 = 1.5x
Generation 6 = 1.8x
Generation 7 = 2.1x
Generation 8 = 2.5x
Generation 9 = 2.9x
Generation 10 = 3.5x

This seems to be pretty strange. What I'd expect is rather the opposite. Higher the generation, the more you struggle.

Probably this will get me more hooked on the game as the "it's gonna only get easier from now on" mentality will be ahead of me instead of having enough of 3rd or 4th generation. This is a pretty nice idea of Respawn.

I did not calculate much on it, but I guess, you can achieve lvl50 for the first time clearly in two weeks, as I gathered from the beta and its challenge payouts. Not to mention the achievement challenge, which requires lvl50 in March. Judging by these it shouldn't be that time consuming to reach prestige 10 as in a CoD. Only setbacks that you might encounter are the challenge requirements.

Lima

I did not calculate much on it, but I guess, you can achieve lvl50 for the first time clearly in two weeks, as I gathered from the beta and its challenge payouts. Not to mention the achievement challenge, which requires lvl50 in March. Judging by these it shouldn't be that time consuming to reach prestige 10 as in a CoD. Only setbacks that you might encounter are the challenge requirements.

If we go by the beta and the progression stays somewhat linear you will be able to get lvl 50 the day it comes out. Easily on the first weekend. Will be pretty interesting.

The regeneration thing is fine if all the challenges start counting right from the get-go. If they don't unlock until the generation in question then that totally blows.

i already have a xbone and really enjoyed the beta however our ISP (2nd largest in aus) has not upgraded its international links which means you cant connect to the datacentres in peak time which made the beta unplayable...when you could play you got pings of 130-280ms

so now i'm going to wait it out until MS and EA get their shit together and open up these long rumored aus datacentres...other aussies should not be letting them off so easy
entire lobbies of one bar connections is not fun

they should pack in a rubberband and call it the aus edition

back in my day, we played Quake 1 with 300ms dial-up pings and we liked it. hpb 4 life!

sorry, that sucks

What I mentioned here was wrong. I believe it was some test Exp Rate.
It's all becoming a bit of a blur at this point but this should be right, haha. Again we have to remember that this is from BETA code!

Generation 1 (starting) = 1.0x
Generation 2 = 1.1x
Generation 3 = 1.2x
Generation 4 = 1.3x
Generation 5 = 1.5x
Generation 6 = 1.8x
Generation 7 = 2.1x
Generation 8 = 2.5x
Generation 9 = 2.9x
Generation 10 = 3.5x

I hope this doesn't make generation 6 and up baby walks, it makes the higher gen ranks less unique to me, but who knows it might be harder with those challenges for each tier.

RazorUK

Here is the complete warning message when you attempt to regenerate. I didn't display it correctly before.

Warning! You will lose all that you have unlocked and be reset to level 1. All Challenges will be reset. However, you will earn XP at an accelerated rate of [XP RATE] as a [NEXT GEN NUMERIC] gen Pilot. You will retain your Burn Card collection, and the Ogre and Stryder Titans if you unlocked them. You will get a unique chip indicating to others your Gen status.

The [XP RATE] will display as the following:

Going from Gen 1 to 2 = 110%
Gen 2 to 3 = 120%
Gen 3 to 4 = 130%
Gen 4 to 5 = 150%
Gen 5 to 6 = 180%
Gen 6 to 7 = 210%
Gen 7 to 8 = 250%
Gen 8 to 9 = 290%
Gen 9 to 10 = 350%

[NEXT GEN NUMERIC] being 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th.

RazorUK

Do you have any idea how much xp is required for each level?

Here. As with everything posted, remember this is from Beta code.

2 - 1500, 3 - 3300, 4 - 5800, 5 - 8880, 6 - 12500, 7 - 16700, 8 - 21500, 9 - 26900, 10 - 32900,
11 - 39400, 12 - 46500, 13 - 54100, 14 - 62300, 15 - 71100, 16 - 80300, 17 - 90100, 18 - 100500, 19 - 111300,
20 - 122700, 21 - 134700, 22 - 147100, 23 - 160100, 24 - 173600, 25 - 187600, 26 - 202100, 27 - 217100, 28 - 232600, 29 - 248700,
30 - 265200, 31 - 282300, 32 - 299800, 33 - 317900, 34 - 336500, 35 - 356000, 36 - 377000, 37 - 399000, 38 - 422000, 39 - 446000,
40 - 471000, 41 - 497000, 42 - 524000, 43 - 552000, 44 - 581000, 45 - 612000, 46 - 650000, 47 - 695000, 48 - 750000, 49 - 818000,
50 - 900000

Top Bottom