• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
except when a burn card is more overpowered than another burn card.
which would make it a rare card, yet im sure this card wont be as the only rare cards so far are based on the minimap/abilities/titans, not a single one regarding ordnance or weapons.

this thing is going to be op as fuck as a common/uncommon.
if this is the case, i would consider it an oversight and im sure it would be attended to.

Yeah I agree.
I just wish we didn't have the Arc Mines and Satchel Charges in the first place. They cause cheap deaths for people and largely benefit campers, they can get a kill without even doing anything.
The Beta was so fun to play because I never felt like I had a cheap death or BS moment. We'll have to see how they are balanced in the shipped game but like you said the burn cards don't sound good.

Milennia

Yeah I agree.
I just wish we didn't have the Arc Mines and Satchel Charges in the first place. They cause cheap deaths for people and largely benefit campers, they can get a kill without even doing anything.
The Beta was so fun to play because I never felt like I had a cheap death or bullshit moment. We'll have to see how they are balanced in the shipped game but like you said the burn cards don't sound good.

yep, i was really surprised to see them in the game at all.
im positive that they will slow some players down to a halt in an otherwise fast shooter.

i REALLY didnt see them including burn cards for them either, much less infinite type cards.

it seems they took the more lethal route for most of the burn card weapons sans maybe 2, as well as took the infinite route for all the ordnance, which wont work the same for every ordnance, which im assuming is an oversight, if infinite mines are what i think they are.

if i had access to them in beta, i would simply cloak and put them down all of the road and on walls, as well as on each roof i pass as its just a clikc of a button, as well as infinite, so why not.

i would prefer them not having any sort of proximity mine in the game at all, but i really dont want a infinite burn card of them to an even greater extent.
especially if its a common/uncommon, which it is because its an ordnance.

its something they will catch fairly quickly im sure, once players get at the game that is.

RazorUK

I believe Respawn mentioned the following in an interview but just in case I'll spoiler tag them. I don't think they are really spoilers though.
I found these a few days ago but didn't post.

Stryder Chassis
Unlocked by
completing the IMC or the Militia Campaign.

Ogre Chassis
Unlocked by
completing both the IMC and the Militia Campaign.

Milennia

I believe Respawn mentioned the following in an interview before but just in case I'll spoil tag them. I don't think they are really spoilers.
I found these a few days ago with all the campaign data but didn't post.

Stryder Chassis
Unlocked by

Ogre Chassis
Unlocked by

oh.
well i didnt expect that =////////////////
guess i need to play the campagin now, like first before anything.

i wont mind if they are super short.

Qalbert

Banned
safe to assume that 'infinite mines' really means regenerating mines? and there's probably a hard limit to concurrently deployed ones

Timu

I believe Respawn mentioned the following in an interview but just in case I'll spoiler tag them. I don't think they are really spoilers though.
I found these a few days ago but didn't post.

Stryder Chassis
Unlocked by

Ogre Chassis
Unlocked by
And yet another reason to play campaign multiplayer.=p

Milennia

safe to assume that 'infinite mines' really means regenerating mines? and there's probably a hard limit to concurrently deployed ones

infinite with about a 20 second regen.

with all the other ordinance cards this is the case as well as the fact theres 0 limit outside of the (about 20 seconds) it takes for the regen.
when they are mines that are meant to sit there.. this doesnt work in the same light as it would with a grenade.

Milennia

im going to call it now.

hemlok top weapon for use with cloak/stealth kits.
c.a.r top weapon for use with run n gun/stim kits.

in the beta most of my engagements were medium-long via roofs.
when i used stim i destroyed with the smg as well, it can only get better with run n gun kit.

antitrop

oh.
well i didnt expect that =////////////////
guess i need to play the campagin now, like first before anything.

i wont mind if they are super short.

Well of course you will, because Respawn said that Campaign Multiplayer is a mandatory playthrough before any other modes.

Has anyone seen this COD with Mechs video?
I honestly don't think it's the fact that its not coming to PS4. I think people are mad because the Media are treating the game like the second coming, like it's something we've never seen before.

Certain sites like Game Informer saying that it'll change multiplayer for ever. Or IGN and Polygon going way over the top.

I blame the media hehe

You are really out to get this game aren't you lol. Around 2 million people have had a chance to play it for themselves and don't need you to tell them whether or not the media hype is warranted.

Milennia

Well of course you will, because Respawn said that Campaign Multiplayer is a mandatory playthrough before any other modes.

holy shit i didnt know that..

I only want the stryder, i can care less about the other titans.
i guess since its madatory anyway its fine.

antitrop

holy shit i didnt know that..

I only want the stryder, i can care less about the other titans.
i guess since its madatory anyway its fine.

I don't know if they'll require you to play through the entire thing all at once, or like that you unlock the map/mode to play without the Campaign after playing them once in CMP.

RazorUK

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
What's this? A mode without A.I.? I'm back in!

Wait, what? Did I miss something? For the record, I like the AI - of course, I wouldn't be against a mode without AI as long as it remained just that: in a single mode where the mode works for it.

Also, does anyone know what happens when you're playing a campaign multiplayer mission and fail it? Does it just count as a "mission fail" and you restart again against a new set of enemies on the opposite faction? Or does it continue and the failure just becomes apart of the story? There would have to be a lot of multiple endings then, I would assume, and I don't think many people would be excited about failing an ending.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Pilot Hunter mode is listed in the OP's post as a mode without A.I. or Titans :)

Oh, nice! It must have been updated, unless I just plain looked over it. That sounds like a good alternative for people who want a more traditional FPS experience (with the parkour, which is universally praised).

EDIT: Actually, I think I read it before, but I didn't assume the AI wouldn't be present since the objective of the mode is to kill enemy pilots (and in Last Titan Standing the AI still existed).

malfcn

Forgot to try it during the beta, and tried it with the Xbox launcher.

"Xbox help"

Darn. No info.
"When help is available for this experience, you'll find it here. Sorry for our delay!"

ChronoX

EDIT: Actually, I think I read it before, but I didn't assume the AI wouldn't be present since the objective of the mode is to kill enemy pilots (and in Last Titan Standing the AI still existed).

Good point. I can't fathom the inclusion of bots in an online shooter. I spent of my time during my beta matches trying very hard to find an actual human player to shoot. It's just not fun for me so a mode without the bots present is what I honestly need to have any interest in this game period. I guess I'll have to wait for confirmation.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Good point. I can't fathom the inclusion of bots in an online shooter. I spent of my time during my beta matches trying very hard to find an actual human player to shoot. It's just not fun for me so a mode without the bots present is what I honestly need to have any interest in this game period. I guess I'll have to wait for confirmation.

Yeah, I'd wait. "Pilot Hunter" could also still mean titans are in play but only actual pilot kills count towards anything. Hard to say until they officially show this stuff off.

I hope the pilot only mode has more players per match, though I'm not expecting it

well...

Given that the point of bots is to accelerate your Titan drop...and presuming a pilot-only mode would not have Titans in it...

...I think it's fair to assume there would be no bots in a pilots-only mode.

Wow @ the OP. The game seems quite a bit more loaded than I was expecting and I'm liking the sound of the map descriptions. Campaign multiplayer is now seeming a lot more interesting than I would have hoped, especially based on an interview I read earlier. 2 sides, play each to see the conflict and ending from both perspectives. Not a bad idea. And the burn cards seem like a damn good time also.

With the size of the maps, a 6v6 mode with no Titans and no AI would be really boring and would probably turn into a sniper-fest.

Has exciting potential for teamplay, however, particularly when you factor in the insane movement possibilities. Player vs player in this game has the potential to be quite different from other shooters thanks in large part due to the gameplay mechanics. Snipers are going to have their work cut out for them with skilled wall run and parkour players taking full advantage of the pilot's impressive moveset and agility. In fact, sitting around too much and playing the sniper just may put you at a disadvantage with such quick moving targets that can very easily flank from a variety of angles and take them out.

Metzhara

I didn't have this experience at all. I found AI were a great way to fill your time between moments. The inclusion of using them to grant better mods for your weapons means you add more to the experience. Most of the time I found humans to kill rather readily and found that the bots were great for observing where humans were mostly by watching gunfire coming around the corner.
I'm now in the camp that thinks bots could be used more interestingly in this way. Of course that's granting their worth is rather low points wise, though their interactions with each other were pretty cool. I walked into several rooms where bot A was slicing the throat of bot B. Gave the "MP Only" game much more life.,, by slowly rendering the life from each other.
To each his own however. I think though that disregarding it for bots is similar to those who disregard it because it's MP only, though you did give it a go. I do believe having a Players Only Club sort of mode would also be great. Why not? More modes, more awesome.
Do you think perhaps the time of day you played changed the type of people playing? I had this discussion with another friend and we found our experiences lined up at later hours of the evening moreso than, say, afterschool hours.

Proven

Based on the design of the rest of the game, I'd place my money on Pilot Hunter having both Titans and Grunts. It'd just first to 50 or so Pilot Kills.

jediyoshi

Been porting the models over to Source Filmmaker in the mean time

3QvVibG.png

TCx7vbO.png

RazorUK

Here is a list of the recent leaks that aren't in the original post yet, in case you missed them:

Achievement List:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101750426&postcount=1039

Challenges required to Regenerate (prestige):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101753081&postcount=1047

Custom Loadouts:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101763764&postcount=1070

Experience Boost after regenerating:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101824676&postcount=1097

Experience required to level:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101833223&postcount=1099
Graph:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101837429&postcount=1103

Weapon Mod list:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101947184&postcount=1125

Burn Cards that weren't public in the Beta:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101950790&postcount=1135

How to Unlock the Stryder and Ogre Titans:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101970902&postcount=1154

Imgur Album that has various menu assets from game data: (maps, weapons, tier kits etc)
http://razortitan.imgur.com/

Random fact: A 'Smart Sniper' was cut from the game.

Murmur

Based on the design of the rest of the game, I'd place my money on Pilot Hunter having both Titans and Grunts. It'd just first to 50 or so Pilot Kills.

Yep, this. I posted the same thing. Respawn has repeatedly said there won't be modes without 'bots'. This is the only thing that fits with the mode and what they've been saying all along.

jediyoshi

Razor, have you found anything in regards to what 'flyers' are? I have an inkling they're monster AI that figure into matches based on some audio files and challenges, but haven't seen anything more.

the graphics people are hoping for at some point this gen. Maybe Titanfall 3.

The funny part is that they're literally the same assets and to some extent the same engine.

RazorUK

Razor, have you found anything in regards to what 'flyers' are? I have an inkling they're monster AI that figure into matches based on some audio files and challenges, but haven't seen anything more..

Had a very quick look but the Flyers seem to be the swarms of flying monsters on the Boneyard map. Based on your CPU spec it will change the amounts of them. It spawns them during the match.

A line taken from dialog:
"The Leviathans and Flyers..."

Top Bottom