• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

old

"The one-shot-one-kill rifle needs careful aiming on moving targets."

High risk, high reward. Brilliant.

"Icepick
The 'Icepick' is a modified Data Knife that increases the speed with which you can hack Spectres and turret control panels. "

Turrets and minion hacking. Even more brilliant. Loved the turrets in the old CODs. You were vulnerable but very deadly behind them. They might be a great way to take out Titans. The more I learn about this game the more brilliant it seems. Plus Pilots are going to get a boost against Titans with the introduction of arc mines and satchel charges.

One major concern is going to be the satchel charges speed of use and speed of detonation against pilots. I don't want to see another situation like we had in Black Ops2 where the C4 was OP as fuck. Guys could dominate a map just chucking C4 around and quick detonating it before it even landed.

The Cowboy

Wasn't ghosts the same size? Seems to be the norm with multi-plats.
Ghosts was 28.9gb on PC - at least according to DF. It was originally stated to be 50gb but it was incorrect and a few weeks later changed to 40gb, then when tested by DF it was 28,9gb with an install size of also 28.9gb.

Edit.
Forgot the MP come separately on PC, its another 24.4gb.

Jito

Banned
post-29949-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-sheit-shee-F8Y9.gif

Going to be a long download and install.

jediyoshi

Wasn't ghosts the same size? Seems to be the norm with multi-plats.

Yeah, but PC Ghosts has noticeably giant texture resolutions, seemingly more variety between character and weapon data, and a typical dedicated campaign with its one off levels.

I have to imagine the crossover between assets would be huge for campaign mp as well. I guess I actually wouldn't surprised if they were pumping out higher res textures for PC. Based on what they've got in the beta, the texture resolutions were pretty tame for the Source engine, even if we went back a couple years.

MNC

Thats such a bullshit size. Not that theyre lying, but it upsets me. Fucking game shouldnt need to be that big.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
So, maybe even the beta assets weren't final and the full game will look as good as it plays.

A man can dream.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Can't wait to see if the game will actually have 15 maps at launch.

Even though there is quite compelling proof of the 15 maps (names, descriptions, lobby images, scripts etc) it's still possible that some were not finished and not ready to be shipped.

The Beta only had the main map vpk files of the Beta maps so we don't know the state of the other maps. The Campaign mode only uses 9 maps from the 15 leaked.
It's going to be interesting for sure to see how things end up at launch.

jediyoshi

One of the devs quite literally said "the VPK's might have more in them than we actually shipped"

That's as simple as things that were cut that aren't in the final build shipped in the beta. For as much as the UI images that were included, they were pretty careful in cutting out any kind of ingame environmental assets for instance that weren't actually used in either of the maps.

RazorUK

Hey Razor, do you know when the Burn Card slots unlock?

Note: This is all based on the BETA files. They may change things around.

Burncard Slot Unlocks:
Slot 1 - Level 7
Slot 2 - Level 9
Slot 3 - Level 11

It appears at certain levels you are rewarded with a pack of Burn Cards:
Pack 1 - Level 25
Pack 2 - Level 30
Pack 3 - Level 40
Pack 4 - Level 45
Pack 5 - Level 50

Pack 1:
Adrenaline Transfusion x 2
Smuggled Stimulant x 2
Prosthetic Legs
Amped EVA-8
Amped Charge Rifle

Pack 2:
Ghost Squad x 2
Active Camo x 2
Rematch
Satellite Uplink
Personal Alarm System

Pack 3:
Map Hack x 2
Satellite Uplink x 2
Amped Mag Launcher
Amped Archer
Amped Sidewinder

Pack 4:
Echo Vision x 2
Aural Implant
Packet Sniffer
Amped DMR
Personal Alarm System

Pack 5:
Atlas Refurb
Reserve Ogre
Spare Stryder
Spectre Camo x 3

I think this is right.

jet1911

Vince Zampella @VinceZampella @Ahmed_Zainal approx: 21gb download, 48gb installed.

Hot damn

I was hoping to put this on the SSD :(

Looks like I'll have to delete a bunch of stuff... I don't really understand how it's so big though. It's not like the textures were super amazing in the beta...

Special C

Regarding the regeneration(prestige) challenges, I wonder if you can complete them at any time during the generation or if you have to get to max level first.

RazorUK

Post with information that isn't in the original topic yet, in case you missed it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102072665&postcount=1192

At this point I won't be doing any more data mining on the client as I believe I have revealed the key parts of the game that people wanted to know about. The only thing I haven't posted much on is the campaign mode but I didn't want to spoil the story and missions.

The whole process has been a lot of fun and I'd like to thank you all for your support and to Amir0x for keeping the topic up to date when things were kicking off.
Everything that I posted was being taken and posted on other forums and gaming news sites. It really showed to me how fast leaked information can get shared and considered as fact.
After gaining trust by revealing a few pieces of legit information, I could have then very easily posted false information to make the game look bad and it would have been reported on. We have to always be wary with any leaked information that we read.

I'm repeating some of the things I've said before but I do want to apologize again to Respawn for any problems caused by the information I posted. It was all done with an eagerness and excitement to learn more about the game, there was no ill intent behind it. I did mess up with the game modes initially by posting ones that weren't finished. Respawn may return to them later and release them as DLC but people have to realise that the content were simply not ready for launch.
What's funny is after being so involved in leaking information I won't actually be able to get TitanFall on launch day, however I will certainly be reading the forums to see how the released game turned out. It's going to be a lot of fun and I wish Respawn all the best with the release.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Post with information that isn't in the original topic yet, in case you missed it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102072665&postcount=1192

At this point I won't be doing any more data mining on the client as I believe I have revealed the key parts of the game that people wanted to know about. The only thing I haven't posted much on is the campaign mode but I didn't want to spoil the story and missions.

The whole process has been a lot of fun and I'd like to thank you all for your support and to Amir0x for keeping the topic up to date when things were kicking off.
Everything that I posted was being taken and posted on other forums and gaming news sites. It really showed to me how fast leaked information can get shared and considered as fact.
After gaining trust by revealing a few pieces of legit information, I could have then very easily posted false information to make the game look bad and it would have been reported on. We have to always be wary with any leaked information that we read.

I'm repeating some of the things I've said before but I do want to apologize again to Respawn for any problems caused by the information I posted. It was all done with an eagerness and excitement to learn more about the game, there was no ill intent behind it. I did mess up with the game modes initially by posting ones that weren't finished. Respawn may return to them later and release them as DLC but people have to realise that the content were simply not ready for launch.
What's funny is after being so involved in leaking information I won't actually be able to get TitanFall on launch day, however I will certainly be reading the forums to see how the released game turned out. It's going to be a lot of fun and I wish Respawn all the best with the release.

Good point there. Thanks again for all the hard work. It was fun to see all the details get revealed!

Top Bottom