• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 - Field of View slider to be added on PS4/XB1

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Naysayers be damned

Patch that adds the option should be landing on the 30th

https://twitter.com/jonshiring/status/801605554204327936
gRqnHnll.jpg

Larger embedded image

63hUg2o.gif

I have not seen a single case of it effecting performance in any game thats had the feature

Very little impact on performance if any

BF1, DOOM, Rocket League and a few others work fine with increased FoV

Then why wouldn't all developers default to 90 (if they didn't feel like dealing with a slider)? I'm not trying to be a skeptic, genuinely interested.

Also, what is the default right now for Titanfall 2? Feels like 70 or so. 90 would be a godsend.

Then why wouldn't all developers default to 90 (if they didn't feel like dealing with a slider?). I'm not trying to be a skeptic, genuinely interested.

Also, what is the default right now for Titanfall 2? Feels like 70 or so. 90 would be a godsend.

I feel most developers have the thought process that everyone plays on a sofa? Increasing the FoV while sitting further from their display could make distant objects difficult to make out?

Yeah, 70 sounds about right.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Holy shit hype levels through the roof!! My only complaint with the game and the only thing I wanted from the PC version! Thank you Respawn!!

Plum

It's really great that consoles are starting to get FOV options, there really isn't an excuse for it considering the minimal drop in performance.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
On PS4 I've noticed fps drops on all games with an FOV slider.

DOOM, BF1, Killing Floor 2, etc.

But that was at max. Increasing it halfway or less, couldn't detect a difference. But folks saying no performance hit... yeah sorry, not true. Both DOOM and Killing Floor 2, max FOV has an immediately apparent performance hit.

Plum

The only reason I haven't bought Firewatch or The Witness.

Yup. should be standard on all platforms.

I'm hopeful that this will make it so that we don't get any more examples of PC games still not having FOV sliders.

Oh, and The Witness on PS4 has one now, think it goes to about 100 or so.

Stromlord

If the PCGamingWiki is to be trusted the game allows for a maximum of 90 FOV on Pc.

Seems so weird that the console version would allow for a higher FOV than it's PC counterpart, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Give me 130 FOV or give me death, Doom 4 got it right

I'm hopeful that this will make it so that we don't get any more examples of PC games still not having FOV sliders.

Oh, and The Witness on PS4 has one now, think it goes to about 100 or so.

Really? Thats great! Now I need to get through some games and I'll happily pick it up.

If the PCGamingWiki is to be trusted the game allows for a maximum of 90 FOV on Pc.

Seems so weird that the console version would allow for a higher FOV than it's PC counterpart, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Give me 130 FOV or give me death, Doom 4 got it right

PC version will be updated with the higher options as well. Respawn wouldn't keep it from PC lol

Strider

I definitely was not expecting this on consoles and I get a little motion sickness at times so this is a very welcome additional option.

On PC games I usually set FoV between 85-95 depending on the game so I'll settle right in that range for this game I'm sure.

Update next week is gonna be awesome.

Zemm

Outside of having to use a controller, the FOV was the hardest thing to deal with when switching between the PC and PS4 versions so this is good

Off the top of my head:
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Shadow Warrior
Doom
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Borderlands Handsome Collection
Rocket League
Battlefield 1

To add to this list in case some devs are looking on thinking "hmmm"

GTAV's first person mode
Warframe
Hawken

Payday2?
And an RPG that I cant recall lol I think it also had some kind of 16 bit mode?

Yes!!! Was anout to double dip pc version now this will save me money!

You should probably do it anyway :p

Yeah, I snagged the PC version and the maximum FoV reminded me why I stuck with PC for TF1 after awhile. The smooth, fast motion at 60+ FPS and maxed out FoV makes the game feel even better coming from the Xbox One version.

good, good

hopefully it doesn't impact performance too much

Personally though I didn't think Titanfall 2's FOV is THAT bad. Destiny and Overwatch are much higher on my list of console shooters that need FOV sliders, Destiny in particular.

good, good

hopefully it doesn't impact performance too much

Personally though I didn't think Titanfall 2's FOV is THAT bad. Destiny and Overwatch are much higher on my list of console shooters that need FOV sliders, Destiny in particular.

I want to say Overwatch on consoles is 90 actually it may be lower if these shots are anything to go by. Higher options would be great.

I want to say Overwatch on consoles is 90? but higher options would be great.

It is? Huh that's higher than expected, just seems pretty narrow in D.Va's mech in particular. That's fine then.

Destiny's FOV is god awful though, and it's not even a locked 30fps lol

Top Bottom