• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Free Trial: 6/11-6/18

Arrrammis

Titanfall 2 is having another free trial,this time lasting a full week from 6/11-6/18. This trial includes full access to all multiplayer maps, modes, weapons, titans, and pilots, as well as two single player levels: The gauntlet, a time trial arena used for training pilot in Titanfall 2's extreme movement system, and The Beacon mission, where you must work alongside your titan BT-7274 to regain radio contact with your allies after you crash land on a hostile planet. The trial is available on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

rl99fytbxr2z.gif

"UNLEASH THE HOLO PILOTS!"

So far Titanfall 2 has released four expansions, all of which are entirely free for all players:

Angel City (first update) trailer
Live Fire (Second update) trailer
Colony Reborn (Third update) trailer
Monarch's Reign (Fourth update) trailer

The most recent update, Monarch's Reign, brought with it a new map (Relic), an entirely new titan (Monarch), and many more small additions including ability perks, mode tweaks, and maps changes (Crash Site is much better now!).

If anyone wants to group up, feel free to hop over to the Titanfall 2 OT and leave a post! I'm personally sticking to PS4, but we have several players on each system who are usually up for showing people the ropes.

Also, the devs and community interaction for this game is fantastic. Stay spicy my friends!
msb46w6jrpxy.gif

This gif was made by one of the official animators at Respawn who was inspired by a fan art meme

Arrrammis

Does your progress in the 2 SP levels carry-over if you later buy the full game?

I'm not entirely sure, I think that it should keep your record for the gauntlet, but since The Beacon level is part way through the main campaign, I don't think you'll be able to jump right in to that point if you beat it and then buy the full game. They might keep track of whichever collectables you pick up in the level though, but again I am not entirely sure.

Arrrammis

Wait... did EA mention Titanfall 2 at all during their conference? Would've been the perfect time to hype this up... jeez EA wtf

It's insane to me, especially since Respawn brought a life-sized BT-7274 titan along to E3:
LlhNkv1.jpg

Plus the whole 4 completely free DLC's in 6 months thing, you'd think EA would go after the positive feedback for that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Isn't this part of the whole free play EA/Origin Access and PS4 free trial stuff they announced during their conference?

It's also on sale on psn, I picked it up the other day and have been having a blast! The campaign is cool and interesting, and the MP is really good too.

Just played a couple of games. The hip fire is a lot more accurate in this game and ttk seems lower. I will play it more tomorrow and decide if i want to buy it

Yup, all systems.

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I think the low TTK is really needed for a game with this pace of movement. If it's too much slower, it makes it much more difficult to kill enemies while on the move and would cause even more sniping/camping than there already is IMO.

Eh, I disagree. Lower TTK makes gun fights much more dynamic since moving doesn't penalize your aim.

Whales

Banned
It's also on sale on psn, I picked it up the other day and have been having a blast! The campaign is cool and interesting, and the MP is really good too.

its on sale?

It shows regular price for me (55cad) on psn

Its on sale on amazon but id rather have this game digitally than on disc!

GWX

Already have 93 hours on the Xbox One version, but I'll be playing on the Pro this week to make use of my newly bought PS+ subscription (for the low low price of what it used to be) + dat 1440p res!

Although my Elite controller is severely missed. How will I continue my Cold War game? I cannot handle bumper jumper 😵

VeeP

Dude, EA sent this game out to die, and doesn't even try to promote it. It's ridiculous.

For those reading this, Titanfall 2 is my GOTY last year. Very fun campaign with great level design, and amazing multiplayer. I play it everyday.

Respawn has brought out new modes, weapons, and maps out for free, and are still releasing new content.

Go try this game out, it's great.

Rayme

Does your progress in the 2 SP levels carry-over if you later buy the full game?
Not exactly; the "Beacon" level is halfway through the game, so would be weird to continue the full campaign directly from there.

You _might_ be able to skip past the Gauntlet (tutorial) level, but even if not it's very quick to get through if you've already done it.

Any settings (like FoV, gamma, custom binds, etc) or MP progress WILL YES carry over to the full game. So that should be painless.

Thanks in advance to the new (and old!) players checking it out, and feel free to ask questions.

ive played quite a few games now so think i got the feel of it. its very similar to tf1 which is good, much better than the disastrous alpha.

+ ttk is slightly lower but im fine with that, pretty sure the alpha was much lower which i hated
+ hip fire accuracy is a big plus for me, this makes a huge difference and encourages movement
+ titan variety is great, greater variety all around is excellent
+ matchmaking is excellent, i feel im playing against noobs and not thrown in the lava pit this early. tf1 experience is paying dividend though getting around 80/90 points a game and i have no idea wtf im doing.

- some of the maps are horribly designed, crash site for example is a camp fest and the narrow choke points don't leave any room to flank or move around. glitch on the other hand is awesome map and exactly what i expect in a tf game.
- pilot vs pilot is pretty crap, plays like cod which im not into. titans are the best thing about titanfall. attrition is the only game mode i like in this, not sure why there is no marked for death as that was enjoyable in tf1
- minor complaint but i hate how camera switches to 3rd person when getting into titan

is there a xbox sale coming up? if so ill buy it

VeeP

- pilot vs pilot is pretty crap, plays like cod which im not into. titans are the best thing about titanfall. attrition is the only game mode i like in this, not sure why there is no marked for death as that was enjoyable in tf1
- minor complaint but i hate how camera switches to 3rd person when getting into titan

is there a xbox sale coming up? if so ill buy it

Marked for Death is in the game, it comes up as a featured mode, hasn't been up in awhile but I'm sure it'll be coming soon. They have Titan-exclusive modes but I'm sure you know that. Also try out Bounty Hunt and Amped Hardpoint. All have Titan/Pilot gameplay, and they're all pretty fun. You can set your matchmaking to choose between these, I thought that was a nifty feature.

Yea I've seen that complaint about 3rd Person before. But it's pretty useful because it lets you look around the environment - see if there's any pilots hiding behind corners, etc.

The games on sale usually, so if its not on sale check every week.

vanty

I just bought it. Basically just for the singleplayer, if I play much multi that's just a bonus. The giant download was at least justified when I realised after purchasing it that it was the entire game that had downloaded so I didn't have to download anything else.

Redmoon

Anyone know what the pc mp population is like? Specifically attrition(pretty sure thats what I spammed played in the first one). Loved the first one, and played it all the way till it basically died on pc but never got around to getting this. Heard the SP is one of the best for a multiplayer focused shooter, but I'd also wanna get in on that pvp action.

MadYarpen

Thanks. I wanted to buy some SP FPS, I recently tried COD:IW demo (liked it), now I can compare and choose one. Nice.

Top Bottom