• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

fwiw, tone is nearly as enjoyable as Ion, especially after you unlock the explosive payload thingie that facilitates tagging several targets at once, which makes tone go all
Jhoi3gJ.jpg
, which is pretty much what happens if youve 3+ targets locked at once.

plus is a satisfying rythmn. Fire 3x, rawkit barrage, fire 3x, rawkit barrage, next.

ronins kinda completely goddamn ruin your day tho

Definitely. I had troubles with it at first, but I started using Monarch recently and it's not that hard to have it survive after all. Its bread and butter is the energy drain + machine gun against titans, and rocket salvo against pilots. Once you know how to check the different loading gauges, you're good to go.
The upgrades will make it more efficient, but won't really change the way you play.

fwiw the timing on the rawkit cooldown is quite close to how long it takes to load and empty a primary weapon clip, so i feel you're supposed to chain them things. Especially if youve chosen missile core as the first upgrade.

Yarp, is my case, haven't booted it cause fooling around with d2.

And then wishing that the thing had grappling hooks and wallrunning every goddamn second.

This game is such a fucking chore to play. I feel like I'm constantly being penalised for wall running and fast momentum. Between this and CoD ugh. Think I'll go stick to Overwatch thx.

Alx

Must be on console. Aim assist too strong.

I'm exclusively playing on console, and I don't share that feeling. As a matter of fact opponents who don't move much are often easy targets, and those that give me the most trouble are people who jump around from wall to wall.
Sometimes you get to meet players who crouch in a corner waiting for someone to pass by, those are annoying and it feels like "they're playing it wrong", but I'm not even sure it's an effective strategy. They're never ranking first anyway.

jm89

They should get it added to ps plus. This is gonna be dead by beginning of next year, maybe even fall this year.

Nheco

I would like to thank everyone who suggested to me to try Monarch. She's awesome! Too bad that I beat another gen, and now I need to get to level 20 again in order to use her.

They should get it added to ps plus. This is gonna be dead by beginning of next year, maybe even fall this year.

Nah, that'd be a (welcome) temporary fix. They really need a f2p version where you gotta buy/craft titans and weapons (on top of everything else) or something.

I would like to thank everyone who suggested to me to try Monarch. She's awesome! Too bad that I beat another gen, and now I need to get to level 20 again in order to use her.

if you enjoy her, just burn the credits. They come easily enough and if you're focusing on FD, there's not a whole lot (of importance) to spend them on.

Alx

You can purchase it with credits, and it will always be available even after regeneration. In the beginning I only used my credits for the weapons/boosts/titans I wanted to use the most.

EA access probably helps, the population seems fine on Xbox.

fwiw, tone is nearly as enjoyable as Ion, especially after you unlock the explosive payload thingie that facilitates tagging several targets at once, which makes tone go all
, which is pretty much what happens if youve 3+ targets locked at once.

I tried Tone for the first time Friday and was having a crappy time until I figured out that if you lock multiple targets you get a bigger payload. That makes a big difference. Most things the game explains pretty well but for some reason they didn't with this, or I missed it and was stupidly focused on locking one enemy at a time.

In retrospect I may have just been having a rough night Friday...I also tried Scorch for the first time and it took me longer than it should have to realize I was dying so much because I was frying my own ass in my own fire. Scorch was a bit of a chore, but after the 1 match I played with it I unlocked the upgrade for 2 thermite shots before a reload. I feel that might really help it out so I'll give it another go.

Greedings

I played with it I unlocked the upgrade for 2 thermite shots before a reload. I feel that might really help it out so I'll give it another go.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would avoid using that. It's basically a crutch. IMO you shouldn't be using the thermite shots for anything other than igniting your gas (unless both incendiary traps are on cool down), as the damage over time effect on the floor is your core damage output.

I use the incendiary shots to finish off a titan, but that's about it outside of lighting my traps.

Also, use your shield. It blocks everything and does TONS of damage. Ronins can't do shit against you thanks to that shield. They come in close and end up dead.

I also think it's important to know when to retreat. If you're caught out in the open at long range, you're completely impotent. Just retreat and go somewhere else. You need to be close to medium range.

I tried Tone for the first time Friday and was having a crappy time until I figured out that if you lock multiple targets you get a bigger payload. That makes a big difference. Most things the game explains pretty well but for some reason they didn't with this, or I missed it and was stupidly focused on locking one enemy at a time.

In retrospect I may have just been having a rough night Friday...I also tried Scorch for the first time and it took me longer than it should have to realize I was dying so much because I was frying my own ass in my own fire. Scorch was a bit of a chore, but after the 1 match I played with it I unlocked the upgrade for 2 thermite shots before a reload. I feel that might really help it out so I'll give it another go.

yeah, some titans have absolutely game-changing upgrades. For scorch it is the double-shot, northstar has the faster plasma gun charge (and i'd bet that 99% of northstars are rocking shot penetration), ronin with goddamn blademaster, legion twice with piercing rounds and dreadnaught.

Do feel that ion and monarch are the best of the lot as far as incremental upgrades go. Steady buffs until the final one. Tone's very nice with this too, since everything he gets just improves his weapon+r1 combo.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would avoid using that. It's basically a crutch. IMO you shouldn't be using the thermite shots for anything other than igniting your gas (unless both incendiary traps are on cool down), as the damage over time effect on the floor is your core damage output.

I use the incendiary shots to finish off a titan, but that's about it outside of lighting my traps.

Also, use your shield. It blocks everything and does TONS of damage. Ronins can't do shit against you thanks to that shield. They come in close and end up dead.

Yo, thermite sniping is where it's at. (FD only, obv). Snipe the fuckers from all the way across the map in forwardbase krakatoa or whatever.

But yeah, the shiled is massive. Anything that gets close gets melted. Titan, pilot, reaver, drone, specter. Flameshield don't care.

Greedings

Oh yeah, in FD themite sniping is amazing. PvP though...not so much.

I actually hate the aiming update they did for that. I used to be able to predict the trajectory really well and pick pilots out the air easily.
Now I'm used to the aiming help and I can't hit shit without it.

O.DOGG

Finally beat my first Master FD game yesterday. Got the badge to prove it too!

Since I started playing the game (around the time the FD update rolled out) I played with and maxed out (Aegis) the following titans: Tone, Monarch, Ronin, and most recently Scorch. I've been playing as Scorch for the past two weeks or so, and it is is by far the most fun titan I've used.

I bought this today in the sale for PS4 pro but for the life of me I cannot get it to work. Campaign just brings up the intro movie, then on the first loading screen it hangs. I can go back to the homescreen and close down the app and then it gives me the same error every time. I've tried rebuilding database, redownloading the whole game and nothing works. Stumped at the moment feeling like I've thrown money down the drain

Did something happen to the matchmaking, or did me taking out Bounty Hunt, Last Titan Standing, and Titan Brawl from my mix tape rotation somehow make the matchmaker look for something other than Attrition? I've had about a hundred hours of MP where I had all game modes in my mix tape but I would literally only ever get Attrition unless I specifically unchecked it. Now I have it checked along with a few others and I'm getting games other than Attrition. It's kind of freaking me out. I'm actually playing Live Fire maps for the first time.

Jamiaro

If someone needs company for MP or Frontier Defense, send me a friend-request. Very hard to get full games on FD now.:/

PSN: Jamiaro

Drifters

Did something happen to the matchmaking, or did me taking out Bounty Hunt, Last Titan Standing, and Titan Brawl from my mix tape rotation somehow make the matchmaker look for something other than Attrition? I've had about a hundred hours of MP where I had all game modes in my mix tape but I would literally only ever get Attrition unless I specifically unchecked it. Now I have it checked along with a few others and I'm getting games other than Attrition. It's kind of freaking me out. I'm actually playing Live Fire maps for the first time.
Community is drying up tbh. I’ve checked all modes now on my mixtape to play faster since if you single out a single type it takes a life time to find a game.

Arrrammis

How so? I didn't get to watch it and am at work. You have me concerned lol.

FNN said:
For this FNN, we are sharing a bit of what we’re planning for Titanfall 2 support for the rest of the year. We will be releasing patches in October, November, December and they will be focused on quality of life, bug fixes [like that pesky Tone Particle Wall bug], and balance changes.
We will also be releasing new weapon skins through the end of the year for purchase. Our desire is to have an Elite skin for most of the primary weapons. The art team has come up with some awesome stuff including Holiday themed skins.
The Featured Mode spot has been a great way for us to experiment and also add some fun wrinkles to existing modes. We’ll continue to rotate Featured Modes and have some stuff we want to try this year that we’ll be talking about later this month.
Lastly, it was awesome to get some community-made callsigns into Titanfall 2 last month like Nicole Peh’s outstanding Titan Restaurant Series. We’d love to add more so in the near future we’ll be giving you folks the opportunity to submit your art and we’ll be choosing our favorites to add to the game. Keep an eye on our Reddit and Forums for updates.
Later this month, we’ll be revealing more details on what to expect in the patches and talking more about some of the things we want to try to shake up the meta of Titanfall 2.

That's the entire FNN, no new screenshots or definitive news about anything.

Damn I've been out of the loop for a minute. How is the game doing? Skimming this page it still looks modestly active (I was worried this thread would be on page 5 or something), is that about right?

Need to at least boot it up and buy some shit so they know I still want TF3 lol.

I bought this today in the sale for PS4 pro but for the life of me I cannot get it to work. Campaign just brings up the intro movie, then on the first loading screen it hangs. I can go back to the homescreen and close down the app and then it gives me the same error every time. I've tried rebuilding database, redownloading the whole game and nothing works. Stumped at the moment feeling like I've thrown money down the drain

This is weird, sounds more like a call Sony issue :/ haven't heard of anything like that with the game

Another Titan, maybe another non-Live Fire map, a few more weapons... free DLC is nice, but the lack of content just sucked. I really wish this game sold better.

Chinbo37

How is the player count on pc?

My friend and I were looking to pick up a newish shooter. We had planned on getting battlefront 2 but this lootbox stuff is making me second guess my choice.

Top Bottom