• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Is a Perfect RedBox Game

HotHamBoy

A 5-6 hour campaign that is simply fantastic.

It's nice to be able to get such an excellent AAA gaming experience for $3.

I wish there were more games I could beat in 1-2 nights, honestly. So many good games come out these days and I don't have the time to play them all.

986f8218e65f6c86ce26935dec658f48.png

daveo42

Banned
This was what I did because I knew I wouldn't touch the multiplayer but still wanted to experience the single player game. Was perfect for me to Redbox it and play through the story in one go.

Edit: this was also last year when the game was still $60.

It was a great Redbox game. It was my most anticipated game of the year until I saw all changes they made from the first game. Could've been something really special as solid as the campaign was.

They have been. The biggest flaw at launch was map design. TF2 has been getting several TF1 maps since then.

I honestly think they would have to take out all the bad maps to get me interested. Something they're never going to do as they'll never put out enough maps for free to make up for it.

Kuro

How is the game with a controller on PC? Have my setup on the TV right now because my monitor broke.

HotHamBoy

Yup, horrible game to rent, you miss out on some of the best multiplayer you'll have ever played.

There's nothing stopping you from playing the MP while you have the rental.

If you like it, buy it. But I'm personally terrible at this kind of twitch gameplay so for me it was a much better proposition to rent the game.

jamsy

Don't care about the multiplayer but the single player was pretty neat. Aside from a frustrating boss fight or two, very entertaining game that doesn't overstay its welcome. Can't really beat that for $3.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
the multiplayer soured me so much that I didn't even finish the single player campaign. Oh well.

They have been. The biggest flaw at launch was map design. TF2 has been getting several TF1 maps since then.

Yeah those have been good. But still the wall running doesn't feel as good. In TF1 I felt like I was flying across those maps at a very high speed. It was so liberating. Still a great game and the MP is worth checking out.

lol rentals in 2017

Redbox is very limited with its selection but great otherwise

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
lol rentals in 2017

Ah yes the True Big spender lol

Let me guess you Day 1 every game for $59.99+ then just throw it in the backlog

Rentals are still worth it, if you could time Redbox at the right time you could walk away with a rental for close to 2 days for 1 days worth of time

Also when I used to Trophy collect it became a game of beat the clock, get play and return to kiosk within that timeframe, worked out really well!

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, happy to support those devs who put years of their blood, sweat, and tears into a game I can enjoy for $3.

Hope we get more of these!!

/s

Happy I paid full price. The guys at Respawn deserve every penny.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

I wish there were more games I could beat in 1-2 nights, honestly. So many good games come out these days and I don't have the time to play them all.

Close your mouth.

Titanfall 2 is the best multiplayer shooter ever concieved. And the free DLC and rapid support from Respawn has been amazing...

Yes, the Campaign is great, but this game is worth every penny of 60$.

Sushigod7

I did Redbox at launch for single player and just bought last week after it hit a sale at Best Buy they tweaked MP enough that I'm enjoying it now did not like the beta which is why I held off buying. Its worth the price of admission now.

MazeHaze

Banned
I agree with OP. I don't like multiplayer, but wanted to play the campaign. Paid 3 dollars, beat it in a night, it took me 4.5 hours. Cool campaign, but glad I only paid 3 dollars.

Chris1

Campaign was bloody amazing

MP was a disappointing step down from 1 but still pretty good

If you have no interest in MP at all then maybe redboxing it would be wise but honestly the game is a pretty solid package all round, considering the game can be had for like $20 now you're better off just buying the game if you have at least some interest in MP FPS games. Horde mode should be coming aswell at some point

MazeHaze

Banned
I generally dislike MP. I loved Titanfall 2's. Presence of the AI definitely helps so it feels like you're contributing even if you're playing like shit.
I played a couple hours of it. It's rad, but mp just isn't my thing in these kind of games.

How is the game with a controller on PC? Have my setup on the TV right now because my monitor broke.

You'll need to use some kind of bumper jumper configuration (if you aren't already), but I've generally had zero problems being in top three with a controller. It's not an issue.

gatti-man

🤔 What's so funny?

I did the same with Mafia 3, FFXV and HZD.
A few days for about 15 bucks.

Beat the story and return. It's a simple solution for games you play, but not own.

How in the world did you finish HZD in two days? You missed so much!

I keep hearing the story is amazing and scoffing, even from friends with similar tastes to mind.

I need to try it, evidently.

BigEmil

🤔 What's so funny?

I did the same with Mafia 3, FFXV and HZD.
A few days for about 15 bucks.

Beat the story and return. It's a simple solution for games you play, but not own.
This is why devs tack on multiplayer on any game nowadays to prevent less renting or selling since none of the money goes to the devs unless they add physical drm

MazeHaze

Banned
I keep hearing the story is amazing and scoffing, even from friends with similar tastes to mind.

I need to try it, evidently.
It is pretty great, but the hype is crazy overblown imo. It had one really neat mechanic, but Dishonored 2 did the same thing even better.

It's a fun little romp, I wouldn't say the story is good though. There's a couple likable characters, but that's about it.

I bought the game at launch (on PC) and have yet to play the SP campaign, but have played a single game every day on multiplayer for happy hour bonuses, I think I am generation 5 or 6 in the prestige thing. One of these days I will play the SP campaign, I actually played through the Infinite Warfare one about a month ago and loved it.

Top Bottom