• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Anyone else using Dice Roll as a boost? It is excellent as it gives you a diverse range of Boosts.

The only one I hate is Phase shift, yet to find a scenario that I can use it with the TTK what it is.

Turrets, Smart Pistol, Amped weapons, Battery, all very good in different scenarios.

Eva-8 Auto, Mozambique, Battery for reduced tactical CD, grav stars = make people cry.

Oops double post, my bad y'all.

Izuna

Banned
that's a good strategy and yet i see no one use it. Another pro tip i don't see may people deploy is smoke when an opponent initiates a core. it can throw off some of the locked abilities and make it hard to see for others.

If I have no health or I am doomed, I will find a Titan that has dropped and do this.

It works like 100% of the time.

Can we change the OT title lol?

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Bumblebees and Pink Chess

Xater

Something else I started doing with doomed titans is to not eject, but to just leave them open in defend mode. Then pick off anyone that tries to destroy it.

Izuna

Banned
If I only have a sliver of doomed health left the next encounter will most likely not let me make any use of that explosion.

This is why after one good 1v1, I'll deliberately make use of Nuclear by playing pretty risky ;)

I actually think Northstar is my favourite right now. I especially LOVE her voice. <3

My first shot kills in Coliseum:
SafeDistantKingfisher-size_restricted.gif

https://gfycat.com/CompetentRareJanenschia
https://gfycat.com/AlienatedSlimBadger
https://gfycat.com/SafeDistantKingfisher

E92 M3

This is why after one good 1v1, I'll deliberately make use of Nuclear by playing pretty risky ;)

I actually think Northstar is my favourite right now. I especially LOVE her voice. <3

Not changing Titans until Tone is Gen 10 lol. I want all of her unlocks first haha.

Will0827

A great feeling is destroying a Titan then catching the pilot on the way down with the charge rifle, of course after missing to hit him with a regular gun. Did it twice and both times wasn't able to save the clip, but man is that satisfying.

Gamegeneral

I enjoyed the campaign, but man there is a heck of a learning curve to multiplayer. Feels like every match i'm getting my can kicked.

Feels like every other player out there moves faster than me, regardless of how i try.

E92 M3

Not really possible in this game.

Also Nuclear is a dope way to clear out Bounty Titans (you get another right after anyway).

It is possible, my friend. Emergency battery, plus pick up what I see. I love Titan combat and realize that most players aren't too smart with their positioning/movement.

And I literally only play Attrition (easier to win with bad teammates).

Reebot

Perhaps it's the maps, or the lack of AI banter etc. but every game does feel like a deathmatch. Nothing feels like it's part of a war. I suppose it's not supposed to be anymore, but it's just disappointing.

Yes!

Removal of AI, drastic reduction of audio chatter, no more contextual animations - its all seriously hurt the ambiance of the game.

Izuna

Banned
It is possible, my friend. Emergency battery, plus pick up what I see. I love Titan combat and realize that most players aren't too smart with their positioning/movement.

And I literally only play Attrition (easier to win with bad teammates).

Oh I know, I can go a whole Attrition Match or FFA with a single Titan, but my point is that it's less possible for certain Titans (especially on certain maps).

I managed to play a couple hours earlier in the day now I can't connect again seeing as it's peak time.

Wired connection with about 70+Mbps dl speed.

It's like a living hellllll, I'm enjoying it too much to stop.

Can someone tell me/show me the picture of the skins that come with the titanfall 2 doritos? They're selling singular packages at work and I'm hungry.

Hoping for something really gaudy that I can combine with nuclear ejection to live out my gremlin d.VA lifestyle

I thought Coliseum was a little different than a giant, open platform. Seems pretty prone to cheesing victories. Might not touch that mode lol.

It can get really intense. I went 2-0, then the guy came back and won 2-3. Also I played a few matches before I realised you could wall run on the invisible outer 'wall'.

Played 7 or 8 games yesterday and won 2 of them. Joined the GAF network on PS4 and had fun with a couple of other gaffers from a couple of matches.

Game is fun as hell. Once you start learning the movement mechanics and how to propel yourself fast enough, shit is exhilarating.

If you want to add me on PSN, I'm Kill_Deaf_Radio

Or, I'll just see ya on the network.

BizzyBum

It's fucking crazy how much better the controls and movement is in this game compared to Infinite Warfare. Like god damn, I'd be downright embarrassed if I were an IW dev.

RedFury

Played 7 or 8 games yesterday and won 2 of them. Joined the GAF network on PS4 and had fun with a couple of other gaffers from a couple of matches.

Game is fun as hell. Once you start learning the movement mechanics and how to propel yourself fast enough, shit is exhilarating.

If you want to add me on PSN, I'm Kill_Deaf_Radio

Or, I'll just see ya on the network.
Yeah man, saw a video of Gamesager abusing spawns although I felt the content was bad damn do I wish I could move like he does. He was bhopping forwards, backwards, on tint ledges, on PowerLines. It amazes me how easy he makes it look on a NON elite controller no less.

https://youtu.be/eHoplK3l6Fc
This is the video. Like I said don't like that he's exploiting spawns but damn does this guy know how to move. I thought he was on PC the way he keeps guys on target.

It's fucking crazy how much better the controls and movement is in this game compared to Infinite Warfare. Like god damn, I'd be downright embarrassed if I were an IW dev.
Yeah it's night and day.

Add on the fact that titanfall 2's campaign is amazing, doesn't have the bs micro transactions/weapons and the fact that all post release content is free and it's really not even close..

Calen

Is the resolution supposed to increase in this game for Multiplayer with the PS4 Pro?

Digital Foundry found Pro mode increases it from 900-1000p to 1440p but they didn't specify if it was SP only or both SP and MP.

Our renderer doesn't distinguish between SP and MP, so it should be both.

RMI

Banned
It can get really intense. I went 2-0, then the guy came back and won 2-3. Also I played a few matches before I realised you could wall run on the invisible outer 'wall'.

oh no way.

I am 2/3 on coliseum matches right now. They are pretty fun as a diversion. Reminds me of old doom/quake rocket launcher fights.

X-Frame

Our renderer doesn't distinguish between SP and MP, so it should be both.

Awesome, thank you Calen!

TF2 specifically is why I can not wait for the Pro. It'll be the first game I buy and start downloading as I want to experience it in Pro mode from the beginning.

Reebot

This is harsh, but hearing that Respawn divided into 2 teams after Titanfall 1 explains a lot.

I'm not sure they T2 team really got what made the first game so wonderful.

Mupod

I'm still trying to figure out what game my apparent latent skills with Devotion are drawing muscle memory from. Maybe that one exotic Destiny LMG that ramps up in speed? I used Heavy in Planetside 2 a lot. I was pretty down on this game for a while but now I want to play some more of it.

And yeah I saw someone using nuclear to snake some bounty titan kills. It's against my nature to waste my titan so I've been using the extra dash even on Northstar. But I could try it out.

Speaking of Northstar I don't know the hard numbers of the Legion/Tone nerfs they put out but I feel good using that titan now. Still kind of obnoxious how fast you can die to pilots with grenade launchers, and I've been disappointed by the apparent long arming time of its snare trap more than once. But high mobility and hit-and-run cowardly tactics work great for me.

I've also awakened to how much Titan charge you get from feeding batteries to other people. Why does nobody else do this? The act of stealing the battery -> putting one in is a free titanfall right there. I just earned the free battery boost so there's no loss to me either (a shield on Northstar is awesome). Tempted to try amped weapons again just to see how much mayhem you could cause with Devotion but I was looking through patch notes and it looks like amped+LMG took some kind of hit a while ago.

Top Bottom