• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Teaser, full reveal June 12th at EA Play at 1PM PT, PC/XB1/PS4

You can always tell who was terrible at the game (playervsplayer mode excluded) when they make those no-bot comments. Both integral to getting your titan and titan abilities in faster and completing challenges, which in turn unlock better modifcations for your weapons. You can always carry your team out of a lopsided attrition match by going sonic and slaughtering hordes of bots.

It made getting 10th prestige that much more satisfying.

How about we just let titanfall be titanfall and have them design maps for titanfall only.

Uhm they still can? Like i said, design the maps around the gamemodes. Everyone can enjoy the game then.

Never liked the titans. Most anti-titan weapons were so weak it was annoying.

Bsigg12

Make a playlist with and without bots (preferably a server browser).

I wonder what they're actually using for servers this time. Titanfall runs exclusively from servers spun up on the Azure platform. I wonder if they're still using that for 2 since it was so damn good.

kaskade

I felt like there was so much potential with the original. I'm glad they took an extra year instead of just pushing out a sequel.

The Irony of using a South African voice actors in this game and the previous one is that the game was officially blocked from being released in South Africa . I hope they won't pull that shit again this time, using a VPN to get a game is ridiculous.

Chris1

Grappling hook gonna be sweet though.
Uhh.. not sure about this, sounds like it could be going a bit too overboard but the first one was amazing in the gameplay department so I'm sure they'll make it work somehow.

Do you know if it's gonna use Azure? that's my biggest worry with it going multiplat :(

You can always tell who was terrible at the game (playervsplayer mode excluded) when they make those no-bot comments. Both integral to getting your titan and titan abilities in faster and completing challenges, which in turn unlock better modifcations for your weapons. You can always carry your team out of a lopsided attrition match by slaughtering players and hordes of bots.

It made getting 10th prestige that much more satisfying.

You mean you can tell that some people couldnt hang with people that were better?

Killing breaindead bots isnt fun to me. Dont get the need for them.

Its really not a skill thing. Some people just prefer to only have real players in the game.

@Bornstellar
You can recreate that movement stuff just fine in every other engine.

RdN

Do you know if it's gonna use Azure? that's my biggest worry with it going multiplat :(

This is the only valid question right now.

A HUGE part of what made Titanfall so special was the fantastic lag free experience provided by the Windows Azure platform.

If they end up going with EA Servers, that would put my purchase in serious jeopardy.

Raide

Grappling hook seems super lazy. Just build more of the maps around the wall-running etc. Encourage those skills to navigate the maps, no just spamming hooks everywhere.

No minions mode (Pilot Skirmish) in the original was quickly abandoned by the community because the core mechanics and maps are not designed for it at all. Minions being a resource and map control element is a core part of Titanfall's system, deal with it.

damn straight. i'm sure Respawn is confident enough to know the role the minions played. they're smart enough to know that when people say "remove minions" it really means there are just some issues that need to be addressed but out-right removing them would be a mistake.

Uhm the Azure Servers arent really that great from my experience. I have a better experience with the Battlefield and Battlefront servers than i have with Azure Servers.

A HUGE part of what made Titanfall so special was the fantastic lag free experience provided by the Windows Azure platform.

If they end up going with EA Servers, that would put my purchase in serious jeopardy.
best case scenario would be crossplatform and azure for all platforms.

Zia

The Titanfall beta was some of the most fun I've ever had with a casual FPS. Shame it was sent to die on Origin though, and I hope Zampella was able to convince EA in the value of a Steam release.

Acidote

I've always felt they were an unnecessary addition to the attrition gaining process. It's sort of adding a PvE element in PvP modes that I don't like. In my opinion in PvP modes the main focus should be precisely the player versus player engagements. It's pretty clear to me why they added it: the player count is low (6vs6 in Attrition) and most maps would feel empty without them, yet they have to make decently sized maps for the titans to work too. There's a reason Pilot vs Pilot was the mode I enjoyed most (short lived on PC as it was).

Bots are not the defining thing of Titanfall. Titans and parkour shooting are. Let them build on that.

I'd rather have them switching to other providers like Amazon or hell, even EA. The game runs like shit from Spain with the servers being so fucking far away, the lowest latency I get with a 300/100 fiber connection is around 65 (the data center says around 50, yet ingame it jumps to 65 or so) when I have 8 to 10 in other games.

Titanfall was awesome, one of the best online shooters, it's main problem was the complete lack of content, similar to Battlefront. It was a bare bones title and it obviously hurt what could have had some longevity. Stuff like COOP mode should have been in at launch, not added months later when the game's population was already dying off.

I loved Titanfall, and sadly can't enjoy it anymore cause of the dead servers. Only one mode ever has any players and the number keeps dwindling

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Those guys really like to stretch those old engines as far as possible, lol.

I think they looked at the time frame they had and how much they would have to redo, and figured it was about as easy to just rewrite the renderer.

The New IP can sit around in development for five years if it needs to, so they had the luxury to put that on UE4.

Hopefully it won't be built on Source. Seems early to tease a reveal set for two months time though.

Titanfall was made in Source? Fucking seriously?!

*checks Wikipedia*

Huh, go figure!

I basically avoided it entirely because of the lack of SP campaign. I'll keep an eye on it in june just in case the decide to fix that issue. :)

Heck yeah, day one. Love the first one, best multiplayer game of year one of the new consoles by a mile. Hopefully it has a single player and hoard mode, would play Titanfall 1 still if it had those.

Is it likely that EA would release both Battlefield and Titanfall 2 this Holiday? I can see Battlefield being Holiday and Titanfall 2 being early 2017, unless EA makes Titanfall 2 a September release and Battlefield the traditional November release,

Is it likely that EA would release both Battlefield and Titanfall 2 this Holiday? I can see Battlefield being Holiday and Titanfall 2 being early 2017, unless EA makes Titanfall 2 a September release and Battlefield the traditional November release,

Both confirmed to drop before christmas 2016.

I've always felt they were an unnecessary addition to the attrition gaining process. It's sort of adding a PvE element in PvP modes that I don't like. In my opinion in PvP modes the main focus should be precisely the player versus player engagements. It's pretty clear to me why they added it: the player count is low (6vs6 in Attrition) and most maps would feel empty without them, yet they have to make decently sized maps for the titans to work too. There's a reason Pilot vs Pilot was the mode I enjoyed most (short lived on PC as it was).

Bots are not the defining thing of Titanfall. Titans and parkour shooting are. Let them build on that.

The bots weren't just about making the maps feel less empty, though. They provided a way to call in a Titan without resorting to making them a CoD-like killstreak, while at the same time showing how pilots are more elite than the basic soldiers.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Unless one of them get delayed, they're currently both scheduled for this holiday season.

Battlefield 5 is definitely not moving, so it depends on if you think Titanfall 2 will hit its current release window.

MiguelItUp

I'm really looking forward to how much content the game has. I really enjoyed the first TF, but honestly I was done with it in a couple of weeks. I'm expecting this one to be a lot more full and "meaty".

Bsigg12

I could see another March release similar to Titanfall with a beta this holiday.

Maxey

I think they looked at the time frame they had and how much they would have to redo, and figured it was about as easy to just rewrite the renderer.

The New IP can sit around in development for five years if it needs to, so they had the luxury to put that on UE4.

I know, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with reusing established codebases. I was just pointing how they previously stretched that modified idtech 3 for the cod games and are now doing the same to Source.

Nothing more to that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I know, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with reusing established codebases. I was just pointing how they previously stretched that modified idtech 3 for the cod games and are now doing the same to Source.

Nothing more to that.

Right, didn't mean to imply you were. Was just commenting more generally.

Uhm the Azure Servers arent really that great from my experience. I have a better experience with the Battlefield and Battlefront servers than i have with Azure Servers.
Can you give some examples of what games you played that used Azure? Titanfall was nearly lag free for me and everyone I knew who played it.

Top Bottom