• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 3 rumored to be on its way, despite Respawn’s Apex Legends focus

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Titanfall-3.jpg

Titanfall 3, the long-awaited third installment to Respawn Entertainment’s explosive Titan based FPS franchise, is very “real” and reportedly already in early development, according to rumored sources from a known Apex Legends leaker.

Respawn has long denied the existence of Titanfall 3, which originally became Apex Legends during the height of the Fortnite-led battle royale craze. A Titanfall sequel has never officially been off the table, however, with franchise publisher EA even admitting one could come “down the road” if the opportunity ever presented itself.

d4c4f273b98f6dfa5fc886333f64fdd6.jpg

As it turns out, that time may be sooner than we think. New insider rumors are suggesting a possible Titanfall 3 release is definitely “real,” with the plotted trilogy title actually already in development behind the scenes at Respawn's studios.
The new Titanfall 3 rumors come from Apex Legends content creator TheNeon_Beast, who has proven himself as a solid insider source throughout the battle royale’s sixth season.
“Titanfall 3 is for real,” the Brazilian leaker said in a now-deleted tweet. “I’m pretty sure leakers can say the same, cuz we have totally different sources. The good thing is: even with different sources, the rumor is exactly the same.”

beautifulconceptart_1906883b.jpg

The streamer added he “doesn’t believe in coincidences.” Dexerto reached out to Winchester for further details, but did not reply before the publishing deadline.

Deleted tweet:
I'm pretty sure that leakers can say the same, cuz we have totally diffeent sources.
The good thing is: even with different sources, the rumor is exactly the same.
And I don't believe in coincidence, not in my watch. https://t.co/tOZHDCRQhc
— Jogando com Winchester (@tHeNeOn_BeAst) September 27, 2020

Popular data miner Biast12, who has become a leading Apex Legends leaker in recent times, shared Winchester's tweet with his own confirmation. "Yeah, I can confirm that part" the data miner said in regards to Titanfall 3 being "real".

They established a second studio in Canada and Apex is their focus, this was known a while ago. So it makes sense for them to pass most of the resources and heavy work over and focus on TF3 since the IP is heating up with the Steam release and Apex lore interest.

Bish works on Apex now btw. lol.

Albion

Cool. Personally, I hope they are focusing on Jedi fallen order 2 though

Last edited by a moderator:

Senua

Oh hell yea, gimme more of that sexy perfectly paced SP action baby. ooooo lay it on me smooth girl

John Day

Imagine having the variety of characters of Apex, along with Titans to complement.

Jesus fucking christ do ittttt, betatesting will balance out the kinks!!

I hope it has 4 player campaign co op. The TF2 campaign was very fun but it would have been amazing with more replay value.

Friends and I are really looking at PvE style content these days. Great networking, reasons to keep playing and enjoying the universe while not having to worry about so much balance and unfair online competitive play. I'd love TF3 to have a campaign and then a huge multi-year sustained PvE run, similar to Destiny PvE but with a far better campaign obviously.

Belmonte

Hope it is true and hope they don't switch the TF1-2 artstyle with Apex.

Apex is fine but I prefer the "COD + James Cameron Avatar - blue aliens" vibe of Titanfall.

Rikkori

What I would love is if they went open-world but what's happening is there's Titans fighting all over the place and you play Conquest-like battles trying to re-gain control. Just full scale world war battles. They need to go NUTS this time, and focus on the tech so that it allows you bigger & better fights.

Think "Trial by Fire" mission from Titanfall 2 with Serious Sam 4's opening sequence, but those aren't sprites rather actual fighting units. Full scale war - gimme! 🤤 🤤 🤤

MrFunSocks

Banned
Unless they ditch most of the dumbed down aspects of Titanfall 2 and go back to more like Titanfall 1 I won't even bother. Titanfall 1 was an absolute masterpiece of multiplayer design, Titanfall 2 was hot garbage in comparison.

Ditch the "hero" titans and pilots
Go back to manual rodeo
Go back to "swiss cheese" maps
Go back to titans not being cheap and weak killstreaks
Go back to fewer but precisely balanced weapons
Go back to the cloud powered bots
Stop focussing on microtransactions and actually give new maps

Unfortunately I have zero faith in Respawn after what they did to 2.

It's among the best single player shooter campaigns in the last few years among Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein, go for it!

It's also some of the only shooter multiplayer I've ever liked because of the mobility
Oh well fuck. Doom 2016 and the new Wolfenstein's are some of my favorite shooters ever. Thanks for the tip.

Piggoro

Unless they ditch most of the dumbed down aspects of Titanfall 2 and go back to more like Titanfall 1 I won't even bother. Titanfall 1 was an absolute masterpiece of multiplayer design, Titanfall 2 was hot garbage in comparison.

Ditch the "hero" titans and pilots
Go back to manual rodeo
Go back to "swiss cheese" maps
Go back to titans not being cheap and weak killstreaks
Go back to fewer but precisely balanced weapons
Go back to the cloud powered bots
Stop focussing on microtransactions and actually give new maps

Unfortunately I have zero faith in Respawn after what they did to 2.
I was making exactly the same list of arguments around the time of T2 release. But now, in the hindside, I'm kinda regretting it. T2 is still an AMAZING game, even if it's kinda dumbed down compared to T1.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I was making exactly the same list of arguments around the time of T2 release. But now, in the hindside, I'm kinda regretting it. T2 is still an AMAZING game, even if it's kinda dumbed down compared to T1.
I put about 200 hours into TF2 after well over 1500 on TF1, and being honest most of that 200 hours was trying to convince myself that it's still a good game. It was basically "Titanfall 2: follow the trends casual edition". Classes absolutely destroyed the balance of the game, they removed customization to be able to sell you different titan classes, and they dumbed everything down to just be 3 lane maps and shoot bang. Rodeo in itself was like a game of chess in TF, but in TF2 it was just a "sigh someones taking my battery, just gotta wait 2 seconds then 180 and punch them" set piece. Not to mention that titans weren't even the focus in TF2 since they are made out of paper mache. I legit killed brand new titans in 2 seconds flat with ease regularly.

Damn that's great news. I don't really like FPS anymore, but I loved Titanfall 2's Single Player. I'm so down for a next gen sequel.

Top Bottom