• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 3 rumored to be on its way, despite Respawn’s Apex Legends focus

GamerEDM

Banned

Titanfall 3 rumored to be on its way, despite Respawn’s Apex Legends focus
Respawn Entertainment
Titanfall 3, the long-awaited third installment to Respawn Entertainment’s explosive Titan based FPS franchise, is very “real” and reportedly already in early development, according to rumored sources from a known Apex Legends leaker.

Respawn has long denied the existence of Titanfall 3, which originally became Apex Legends during the height of the Fortnite-led battle royale craze.

A Titanfall sequel has never officially been off the table, however, with franchise publisher EA even admitting one could come “down the road” if the opportunity ever presented itself.

As it turns out, that time may be sooner than we think. New insider rumors are suggesting a possible Titanfall 3 release is definitely “real,” with the plotted trilogy title actually already in development behind the scenes at Respawn's studios.

Respawn EntertainmentTitanfall fans could finally be heading back to the frontier, if new rumors are to be believed.
The new Titanfall 3 rumors come from Apex Legends content creator TheNeon_Beast, who has proven himself as a solid insider source throughout the battle royale’s sixth season.

“Titanfall 3 is for real,” the Brazilian leaker said in a now-deleted tweet. “I’m pretty sure leakers can say the same, cuz we have totally different sources. The good thing is: even with different sources, the rumor is exactly the same.”

The streamer added he “doesn’t believe in coincidences.” Dexerto reached out to Winchester for further details, but he did not reply before the publishing deadline.

I'm pretty sure that leakers can say the same, cuz we have totally different sources.
The good thing is: even with different sources, the rumor is exactly the same.

And I don't believe in coincidence, not in my watch. https://t.co/tOZHDCRQhc
— Jogando com Winchester (@tHeNeOn_BeAst) September 27, 2020
Popular data miner Biast12, who has become a leading Apex Legends leaker in recent times, shared Winchester's tweet with his own confirmation. "Yeah, I can confirm that part," the data miner said, in regards to Titanfall 3 being "real."

yeah i can confirm that part https://t.co/6ueD69AA4t
— Biast12 (Tobias) (@Biast12) September 27, 2020
If these new Titanfall 3 rumors turn out to be true, Respawn must have green-lit the highly-anticipated sequel in the past few months. Back in May, Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella admitted there was "nothing currently in development."

At the same time, the former Modern Warfare guru did admit he was very interested in seeing "some kind of resurrection there." Zampella also promised he would "see if [he] could make something happen." Maybe he really did?

Screenshot via EA PlayRespawn co-founder Vince Zampella has admitted he wants to "resurrect" the Titanfall series.
Titanfall 3 may reportedly be "real," but that doesn't mean it would be coming any time soon. Apex Legends is still Respawn's main focus, and with the current work-from-home situation slowing them down on that, Titanfall 3 production wouldn't have fared much better.

For now, keep your eyes peeled; Respawn is sure to begin teasing the anticipated trilogy release soon, if it is indeed being worked on behind the scenes.

There's plenty happening in Apex Legends to tide you over too: Season 7 is on the horizon, and Pathfinder is finally set to be buffed again. The battle royale will also be getting its huge crossplay update soon; it's all happening in Apex Legends!

Boss Mog

Hopefully some Apex characters will make cameos. Apex has done a good job at expanding the the Titanfall lore. Blisk and Ash are currently being somewhat teased as upcoming legends.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
I don't see this happening as EA is all about games as a service. I would love it though, Titanfall 2 is probably one of the most underrated game of this gen.

DJT123

Would be a smart move. The IP is well poised right now. It had a second wind of sorts with releases on more platforms.

NEbeast

Please, don't jam it in between the big guys this time. You could argue BF has dropped off over the years though. Still, give it time to breathe.

MrS

Banned
Apex is a getting a bit long in the tooth. Put it on ice, work on T3 then bring Apex back next gen on the new engine.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I really hope so. At this point they should just drop Apex and focus on Titanfall 3. I know Apex brought them some success, but it definitely feels like it's plateauing. I mean, the whole BR craze is going to fade soon enough.

Banned
if they somehow manage to make an even better shooter than Titanfall 2 then I might need medical assistance while playing so I don't die from my own hype

I got bored of Apex... Sadly. Once I unlocked the badge I've always wanted, I have no motivation to play. So bring on Titan Fall! I need that good campaign

Sentenza

As long as it stays close to Titanfall 2 rather than Apex Legends, it's all good news.
But since it's EA I always go assuming the worst case scenario as standard option, which means the opposite will happen.

Senua

I trust no Brazilian.
maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom