• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 360 - Gameplay Video.

Gestault

Got here just in time for for a high quality update screen, lol

Edit: Oop, pre-recorded. Looks like it plays well, from the little bit I've watched so far.

Foshy

There's effects missing when you get hit in a Titan (around 28 minutes in, during training mission). Not necessarily a bad thing as you're still seeing clearly lol

Looks like there's some stuttering in parts but I'm not sure if it's the game or the video. Though he talks about "lag" so it might be the game.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Awww, I posted the link originally though! ;)
Edit:
The game seems fairly washed out and the textures/shadows/ and framerate are at a lower quality vs the Xbone version. I don't think the two versions are as close as people think.

Into

Lots of effects missing, but overall looks just fine, about what you can expect. Looks visually like CoD on 360

MrDaravon

Weird, surprised there's not more footage out there since the servers are apparently up.

Only skimmed the video since it's hard to make out fine details on a Twitch stream, but it actually looks much better than I expected. I'm pleasantly surprised to be honest, assuming it holds up on the server side of things. The only thing that stood out to me was I definitely saw some screen tearing, but again it's a twitch stream so hard to tell. With as good as it appears to look I'm really not sure why they completely buried any media/footage of the game pre-release.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Weird, surprised there's not more footage out there since the servers are apparently up.

Only skimmed the video since it's hard to make out fine details on a Twitch stream, but it actually looks much better than I expected. I'm pleasantly surprised to be honest, assuming it holds up on the server side of things. The only thing that stood out to me was I definitely saw some screen tearing, but again it's a twitch stream so hard to tell. With as good as it appears to look I'm really not sure why they completely buried any media/footage of the game pre-release.
They can't move Ones using the game if it looks just like the 360 version.

Looks like what you'd expect (lower-res textures, a bit less detail, screen tearing, some effects missing?), other than that it seems like they did a good job with the port. I guess we won't know much about the fps from this stream.

antitrop

That looks like Titanfall, alright. Seems Bluepoint did a bang up job.

Still clearly a very noticeable difference between XB1/PC version, aside from the framerate.

Bgamer90

Banned
Looks okay for 360 but the difference in textures, framerate, and visual effects vs. the Xbox One version is very noticeable.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This is pretty darn close.

ldLMUDu.png

KvxnCP0.png

Sanic

Ignoring framerate, that looks very close. They did a great job (or conversely, Respawn did a poor job).

RayMaker

Banned
Looks OK for a 360 game, quite surprised how much better the x1 version looks.

Shame about the poor framerate on twitch.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks okay for 360 but the difference in textures, framerate, and visual effects vs. the Xbox One version is very noticeable.
Really? I think it looks very similar. Certainly not a generational leap. Most users probably won't notice any significant differences.

It's impossible to determine frame-rate from this video as well (since the video is limited to 30 fps). It's not as if it runs at a smooth 60 fps on XO.

belushy

Banned
Cool, now I won't regret my purchase of it on 360... still going to wait for launch day videos and reviews though, but so far looks pretty good to me.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Really? I think it looks very similar. Certainly not a generational leap. Most users probably won't notice any significant differences.

It's impossible to determine frame-rate from this video as well (since the video is limited to 30 fps). It's not as if it runs at a smooth 60 fps on XO.

360 is confirmed to be around 30.

This is pretty darn close.

Look at dat floor texture.

antitrop

Skipped ahead and man, the on foot gamplay doesn't look good at all. A ton of slowdown and screen tearing.

I'll wait for the DF analysis, much of that could have been the streamer's capture setup.

There was definitely tons of server lag, though.

The 360 looks like the XB1 version except that someone smeared Vaseline on the screen. I'm sure there is a bigger difference with actual movement and FPS though.

If you look at the Titan on Titan fighting, the 360 version is clearly missing a lot of effects. It doesn't feel quite as bombastic.

Foshy

Hard to tell how smooth framerate is from a twitch video but other than the missing effects there was definitely lots of stuttering and tearing. The XB1 version apparently has that too though, so there's that.

Hoo-doo

Banned
And now we know why it got delayed.
No-one is shelling out for a 500$ machine when your seven year old 360 gives you basically the exact same experience, nitpicking aside.

Bgamer90

Banned

It's definitely not a generational gap but it's worse. Skip ahead to the 42:00 mark to see on foot gameplay. A ton of slowdown. Expected it for gameplay when inside a Titan but not that much when on foot.

And now we know why it got delayed.
No-one is shelling out for a 500$ machine when your seven year old 360 gives you basically the exact same experience, nitpicking aside.

No one should shell out $500 for just one game period.

dab0ne

Looks good enough as long as the lag isn't too bad.

If I got this for Origin do I need an Xbox live account or can I play it for free on PC?

ypo

Looks a little plainer but it has a lot less screen tearings than the Xbone version. No wonder MS tried so hard to hide this version.

gatti-man

oh man this looks bad compared to the X1 game. That being said it looks exactly like it should. Its a 360 game and expecting miracles is silly. The textures took a nose dive.

Top Bottom