• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall beta confirmed??

AHA-Lambda

From the last paragraph of the article

Respawn’s shooter, still the most impressive next-gen title, arrives in March largely unchallenged by Sony. It’s also multiplayer-only, and it will be preceded by a beta period. In the glory days of 2007, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s beta tempted the hardcore over to Xbox Live, establishing an audience that lasted the lifespan of the console. It’s possible, just, that Titanfall could do the same for Xbox One. But Microsoft has a great many problems to fix first. If it cannot get its house in order, it will attract guests, but not residents, to its new console.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/xbox-why-the-baffling-incompetence-of-the-xbox-one-interface/

This is the first I've heard of this personally, so maybe I'm just behind though.

Sorry if old.

I think a beta is a given and it will most likely be announced at the VGX but,
Respawn’s shooter, still the most impressive next-gen title, arrives in March largely unchallenged by Sony.

The Destiny beta, if released around the same period, would be enough to sate the shooter appetite of PS4 owners (who don't care for Killzone, Battlefield or CoD)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
will be nice to have something of this caliber in jan-feb.

Charleston

Neo Member
Interesting, will keep an eye on this. Though I do wonder about the final specs of the game, hopefully my comp should be able to handle it.

I've been expecting a beta to be announced. It just makes sense.

My first assumption was that they'd bundle a beta code with the February release of Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, as it's a multiplayer shooter also being published by EA, that happens to come out a month before Titanfall. So far they haven't announced that though, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened.

Gamerloid

Why would Sony need to 'challenge' it? Does Sony typically challenge games releasing on competing platforms and PC? And what's more, do Infamous and Drive Club not count?!

Only game I can think of is Tearaway, and I'm not sure how that performed sales wise.

Meh, I'll just see what it's like from some gameplay videos. Can't say I'm interested though.
You sound interested if you're willing to check it out. That or curious. Either way it doesn't sound very "meh" to me.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I asked EA about it and here's what a rep told me:

We don't comment on rumor or speculation.

Yeah, the stock one, so this indeed might have merit. :) Not surprising if true, too. Only a question of when.

BlindRage

Hopefully there is a beta. I guarantee the Beta will run better then the finish product of Battlefield 4.

Man, anything runs better than that. I'm still pissed at myself for paying $60 for it.

I can't believe that all those bugs made it through their testing. Clearly they must not of cared.

JimiNutz

Banned
A good public beta would be very positive for X1 sales.
I imagine that they will want to open it up for as many people as possible.

JaggedSac

The article had a number of inaccuracies (Twitch exclusivity was never a thing, SkyDrive app isn't need to upload to SkyDrive through Upload Studio, etc), so I wouldn't take anything in there as confirmation of anything.

A good public beta would be very positive for X1 sales.
I imagine that they will want to open it up for as many people as possible.

Not sure why the game is expected to be a system seller for Xbox One when it isn't exclusive. If people can get it on their 360(Which most likely they already have) or PC, what incentive is there to spend money on an incredibly expensive console to play it? On there it'll be neither the cheapest nor best way to play the game, only the most expensive way to play it.

Besides which, I seriously think a lot of people, most especially the media, are way overestimating gamers' willingness to pay full retail price for a multiplayer only shooter... most especially when it comes to console gamers.

Hindle

Banned
A beta would be smart if MS want Titanfall to sell systems. It would start generating word of mouth early which would gain momentum for the X1 in time for the games release and beyond.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I hope there's a PC beta but if not then no biggy, the game itself is still coming to the platform and that's all that matters to me :)

old

I had no interest in COD4 until I got into the beta. Bought every COD since. Sunk countless hours into the franchise.

This seems more like speculating that there will be a beta than confirming there will be a beta. But who knows. It may be an unintentional slip. There really could be a beta coming. That would be awesome.

JustinMay

Banned
Not sure why the game is expected to be a system seller for Xbox One when it isn't exclusive. If people can get it on their 360(Which most likely they already have) or PC, what incentive is there to spend money on an incredibly expensive console to play it? On there it'll be neither the cheapest nor best way to play the game, only the most expensive way to play it.

Besides which, I seriously think a lot of people, most especially the media, are way overestimating gamers' willingness to pay full retail price for a multiplayer only shooter... most especially when it comes to console gamers.

$500 isn't incredibly expensive.

Tons of people already do that with CoD. A huge percentage of buyers never launch single player.

This is a big exclusive for Xbox One. Clearly you aren't happy about that, for whatever reason. I advise you to get over it.

Top Bottom