• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Clawww

I would snipe more if I didn't hate both the available side weapons. just kinda unsatisfying to use (I realize they're meant to be weak).

A.J.

Banned
Titan customization at least in terms of paint definitely needs to be a thing. It would help my titan feel unique from the others.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't know if it's just me but I feel like people have been getting craftier. Lot harder to get a full rodeo, seeing a lot more parkour, etc. It's nice to see.

I believe Specters can shoot rockets?

Yup, they can mess titans up. If you've even seen a sorta red glare it's the spectre's glowing to show where they are before the rockets get shot off.

Raymo

Game keeps crashing 2-5 min into every game I join on PC. Very frustrating. Performance is fine except for the crashing.

Game is pretty fun; not sure if it's for me or not yet. My laptop is pretty sad though, so I would probably be better off playing it on 360 to be honest.

CheezyMac88

They become your bodyguards, following you around like an auto Titan. They even have your name ontop of them.

Hahaha! That's at the back of the A point right?

When that happened, I was surprised that you actually fall off the edge while you're inside a Titan

Edit:Something like that Kid Ska? V

derFeef

This guy attempted to lunge at me and this is what happened to him.
http://1drv.ms/1gaowEJ
capturevouq0.gif

That's probably me, I suck at movement.

Zornack

How rare are the Stryder cards? Been playing nonstop since Friday and can't seem to get one.

I've played quite a bit and gotten two Stryder, one Ogre and one Atlus.

Anyone else get the card that turns you into a specter? I think it's utterly useless but cool nonetheless.

What's pissing me off is that I haven't gotten the smart pistol card since day one. That gun is soooo good.

Rayme

[re: Strider]
He's basically useless in a Titan fight, but [...]

HOW DARE YOU SIR.

Ahem. =p

Okay, but yeah; you definitely have to be careful and use your maneuverability wisely, especially when 1-on-1 against an Atlas or Ogre, and know when to disengage to fight another day.

My current favorite titan build lately has been a Stryder with rocket-launcher, electric smoke, and
<redacted>
. It's great for flanking an otherwise-engaged enemy, and just ruining his life.

Yuripaw

Banned
Man, now I am starting to really hate origin. My friend and I can't even play online together, because of some stupid origin glitch that prevents us from seeing each other online for some reason. Can't find a solution...it just always shows the other is offline, even tho we're both on.

Zornack

Man, now I am starting to really hate origin. My friend and I can't even play online together, because of some stupid origin glitch that prevents us from seeing each other online for some reason. Can't find a solution...it just always shows the other is offline, even tho we're both on.

Are either of you set to invisible? Origin auto sets me to invisible when I log on for some reason. On the friends list pop out right under your name it'll say "invisible" or "in game."

Calen

We're working with EA to figure this one out. It's bitten me and friends, also.

Rayme

This might not solve it, but; make sure you're both on the latest version of Origin (that came out last night or this morning). I'd shut down Origin completely (make sure the tray icon is gone), start it back up, manually check for a new version, etc.

Sorry if that doesn't fix it. You're not the only one affected. =\

Yeah, this game is probably going to be my new Counterstrike. I would really like to get a group of friends/comrades to play rounds with, but CS was always my "no SP mode" game of choice. I eventually stopped playing it because it just pissed me off but I think I expect to be bad at Titanfall so I don't care when I suck terribly!

The Cowboy

Are either of you set to invisible? Origin auto sets me to invisible when I log on for some reason. On the friends list pop out right under your name it'll say "invisible" or "in game."

To change it so it doesn't auto set it to invisible, you need to log out of your account and then at the login screen under "remember me" untick "log in as invisible".

If when you set it to "remember me" and had it ticked, every time you log in your set to invisible.

Rayme

I really wonder how much they'll improve the framrate on the XB1, because wow, it ruins a lot of titan on titan fights.

Lots of under-the-hood performance improvements have already been done since this Beta build was locked down, that'll be in the full release. The Beta itself is informing further improvements (and bugfixes, of course).

Bsigg12

Just saw the coolest thing. 4 of us dropped our titans at the same time next to each other so we're standing there and BAM! 4 titans in their dome shields all badass looking.

MegaBusta

The highlight of this beta without a doubt was roundhouse kicking someone a few hundred feet in the air while unfitting music played.

I had the stupidest grin on my face for an hour.

reckless

I want to love this game so much, but it just doesn't want me to play it. :\

I always get stuck on the spaceship loading screen after pressing play and can't find a way to fix it.

Yoda

As someone who was getting pissed at all the games "journalist" hyping this game to the extreme I was pleasantly surprised with how fun the few game-modes they have are. I think the introduction of creep is a nice change and if refined a bit more could really add a new dynamic to the FPS genre. They already punish campers indirectly in attrition. Its a more natural way of making players engage with each-other in the game then simply perverting the map design to make camping not as viable.

It is a shame this is a single console exclusive, Respawn should have a shot at taking back the top FPS spot from the game they made successful in the first place... Having it on Xbone only means by default they can't even try.

As someone who was getting pissed at all the games "journalist" hyping this game to the extreme I was pleasantly surprised with how fun the few game-modes they have are. I think the introduction of creep is a nice change and if refined a bit more could really add a new dynamic to the FPS genre. They already punish campers indirectly in attrition. Its a more natural way of making players engage with each-other in the game then simply perverting the map design to make camping not as viable.

It is a shame this is a single console exclusive, Respawn should have a shot at taking back the top FPS spot from the game they made successful in the first place... Having it on Xbone only means by default they can't even try.

Respawn had no say in the "exclusive" matter - EA did it all by themselves. In fact, I'm not even sure if Respawn even got a piece of the money Microsoft threw at EA for this deal. Vince C. sounded completely in the dark about the deal on Twitter the day it was announced.

sangreal

Lots of under-the-hood performance improvements have already been done since this Beta build was locked down, that'll be in the full release. The Beta itself is informing further improvements (and bugfixes, of course).
Good to hear, though I have no complaints about the petformance

Riptwo

Is anyone having trouble bringing a party into a game on the Xbox version? We're trying to have a beta LAN, but only two of us seem to make it into a match (provided it doesn't boot everyone back to the lobby and/or crash). Help!

The Cowboy

Is this the same for PC?, I love the game and play with everything on high and 1080p and the occasional dips just mar what is SO GOOD!!! (I mean, I need the full game NOW!!!). It will be nice If the full release performs ever better and I can get a solid unwavering 60fps.

Top Bottom