• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall boosts Xbox One UK sales by 96%, Tea and Crumpets for all!

mocoworm

Your friends are not the average consumers.
Many people doesnt even bother creating second or third accounts and dont have credit cards or shops that sell network cards. Besides, there is always the thing with warranty, local languages and sell used games. The majority of console gamers are still buying physical.

It doesn't include ANY digital. Even legit UK digital dloads on launch day. Out of all my pals I am the only one who bought physical.

IN&OUT

Banned
My store got 25 infamous consoles on friday, by the end of Sunday we had one left. It's being used a doorstop until my colleague gets paid.

Off Topic : I have been looking for the cartoon in your avatar for quite long time. Do you have a name or link or anything to it?

Well, I hope it was the cartoon I'm looking for, it has been 20 years and my memories are foggy about it.

OT: I really expected TF to boost bigger sales considering the huge marketing push it got. Now Xbox fans will understand why its so difficult to pull huge numbers with new IP, hence stop mocking Sony exclusives that usually sell slowly at first then end up in the 5-6 million unit sales range.

I think the intense marketing surrounding Titanfall did the game a disservice. Despite large parts of the press and retailers themselves believing Titanfall really was TNBT, gamers in general are simply too informed nowadays.

They knew it was just an online only Call of Duty style game, with robots and double jumping. Those changes made a differences, but they were never going to shift the paradigm of multiplayer gaming, and the questions of value never dissipated.

Servbot24

Banned
I think the intense marketing surrounding Titanfall did the game a disservice. Despite large parts of the press and retailers themselves believing Titanfall really was TNBT, gamers in general are simply too informed nowadays.

They knew it was just an online only Call of Duty style game, with robots and double jumping. Those changes made a differences, but they were never going to shift the paradigm of multiplayer gaming, and the questions of value never dissipated.

I feel like even a lot of CoD fans are ready for something a little new though.

we get paid on the last day of the month, so we're holding it for him until then.

Off Topic : I have been looking for the cartoon in your avatar for quite long time. Do you have a name or link or anything to it?

Well, I hope it was the cartoon I'm looking for, it has been 20 years and my memories are foggy about it.

OT: I really expected TF to boost bigger sales considering the huge marketing push it got. Now Xbox fans will understand why its so difficult to pull huge numbers with new IP, hence stop mocking Sony exclusives that usually sell slowly at first then end up in the 5-6 million unit sales range.

Je to Krtek!
You had a good childhood.

Jack cw

It doesn't include ANY digital. Even legit UK digital dloads on launch day. Out of all my pals I am the only one who bought physical.

Fair enough but what are we talking about? 10% or 15% of total sales? Still nothing major or very relevant for sales analysis. If TitanFall had surpassed 1 million Microsoft would have send the message all over town.

Holy shit Minecraft is a best

2554987-3034468139-Mario.png

(sorry)

Oh, I thought it was some weird ransom scheme. Too early in the morning.

Ways to shift Xbox Ones #34:
Attempt to show customers the relative value of the Xbox One. Keep the console inside an elevated and hermetically sealed case, while juxtaposing competitor devices in a more banal or pedestrian location.

Top Bottom