• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall has maximum player count of 12 (alongside AI) [Respawn comments post #558]

Haha, I can't believe people are outraged over something like this. You really want more people crammed in there when the developer said this is what works the best? Getting spawn camped and killed every 5 seconds is your idea of a good time?

My or your idea of a good time? No.

The general public's idea of a good time? Yes.

which audience do you think they're shooting for?

This thread is still going on? Wow.

There's been multiple actual Titanfall coders and designers in this very thread among other places telling people very directly that this isn't any kind of tech limitation on any platform whatsoever. I don't know how much more clearly any of us can say this.

Xenon

Respawn is going for a story driven competitive multi-player experience. It's something new. Yet people are trying push standards for classical fps on them, which is dumb. Especially considering everyone bitching has never touched the game.

I don't remember seeing people bitch about Journey not offering 32 player support. "Yeah but it's not a fps. That Game Company wanted to give the player a unique experience" Having that many players could have destroyed the effect they were going for. Less can be more if done right. So how about we wait to play the game before getting all in a rage.

Top Bottom