• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall on 360 delayed to Mar 25th for "finishing touches"

EGM1966

2 weeks is nothing and the reason seems acceptable but its hard not to imagine this isn't more about minimize cannibalization and focusing the launch more on XB1 : at this point all versions should be pretty much ready to go really although of course they could be working on a day 1 patch that won't be ready until that time.

Either way though not a big deal and might even be purely for the reasons stated.

ramparter

Banned
2 weeks is nothing and the reason seems acceptable but its hard not to imagine this isn't more about minimize cannibalization and focusing the launch more on XB1 : at this point all versions should be pretty much ready to go really although of course they could be working on a day 1 patch that won't be ready until that time.

Either way though not a big deal and might even be purely for the reasons stated.
Pretty much my line of thought too. I don't really see how 2 weeks can help with the polishing, still 2 weeks is nothing, whoever didn't plan to get a One just for this game should have enough self control to wait a bit.

NHale

yeah man it's like if there was a company who was doing nothing but lying and deceiving customers for the last eight months straight, was caught astroturfing on neoGAF like six thousand times, sent marketing peons to blatantly lie about competitors and their own products on forums and reputable websites, attempted a wholesale anti-consumer disruption of the market wherein they couldn't keep their story straight for more than a minute and was recently caught in a scandal wherein they and another company tried to buy youtube positivity whilst telling these same people to keep quiet about the arrangement

surely there is no reason at all to be skeptical about this upright company!

At least he's not complaining about people having predefined opinions while posting here as a Microsoft employee defending Microsoft at every opportunity. Oh wait a minute...

todahawk

At least he's not complaining about people having predefined opinions while posting here as a Microsoft employee defending Microsoft at every opportunity. Oh wait a minute...

LOL, jesus... good to know.
we need a neogaf enhancement suite like reddit has for tagging users and such.

Zing

Banned
Anything to get you to buy a one.

Agreed. Anyone else suspect this delay is strictly to entice people hesitating to "upgrade"? It is going to sell far more on 360, and I bet MS would love to coerce the day-one folks to spend $560 for the privilege.

drgambit

Banned
Dear 360 audience,

You didn't buy a Xbone when you had the chance. (heck there are some on the store shelves right now if you want some!) So because of your insubordination, you must wait before you get your game.

Purchase an Xbone like a good little lamb and you get your gift on time.

- M

You think the Xbox One version will sell more than the 360 version!

I think it's definitely possible. While there are still a lot of 360 owners out there, the most active and hardcore have moved on to the XB1.

Lots of people thought Gran Turismo 6 was gonna sell really well on the PS3 because of the huuuge install base. Turns out that wasn't true, because millions of the hardcore crowd had already moved on to the PS4, like me. It was the first Gran Turismo I didn't buy.

For whatever it's worth, Titanfall on XB1 is currently 13th on Amazon's Top 100 videogame charts. The 360 version isn't anywhere in the Top 100. This 2 week delay has nothing to do with that.

Elixist

I think it's definitely possible. While there are still a lot of 360 owners out there, the most active and hardcore have moved on to the XB1.

Lots of people thought Gran Turismo 6 was gonna sell really well on the PS3 because of the huuuge install base. Turns out that wasn't true, because millions of the hardcore crowd had already moved on to the PS4, like me. It was the first Gran Turismo I didn't buy.

For whatever it's worth, Titanfall on XB1 is currently 13th on Amazon's Top 100 videogame charts. The 360 version isn't anywhere in the Top 100. This 2 week delay has nothing to do with that.

while your point still stands, i think you can forgive Joe for not knowing that a 360 sku even exists.

There hasn't been a single cross gen game that's even come close to outselling the last gen version. And yes, gt6 tanked, but it still sold far more than it would have on the ps4. Look at forza 5 sales.

The hardcore preorder games. The Amazon top 100 has never been a good sales indicator beyond what the hardcore are buying. It certainly doesn't match up with the npds.

Also there is a slight amount of risk in this move. Everyone is assuming that the game will be universally loved. I think it will be also. But what if it isn't? What if xb1 and pc players hate it and spend two weeks trashing the shit out of it before it releases on the platform it's going to sell the most on?

I don't think that will be happen, to be clear, but Microsoft is taking a risk here.

There hasn't been a single cross gen game that's even come close to outselling the last gen version. And yes, gt6 tanked, but it still sold far more than it would have on the ps4. Look at forza 5 sales.

The hardcore preorder games. The Amazon top 100 has never been a good sales indicator beyond what the hardcore are buying. It certainly doesn't match up with the npds.

Also there is a slight amount of risk in this move. Everyone is assuming that the game will be universally loved. I think it will be also. But what if it isn't? What if xb1 and pc players hate it and spend two weeks trashing the shit out of it before it releases on the platform it's going to sell the most on?

I don't think that will be happen, to be clear, but Microsoft is taking a risk here.

Mort you hear anything about where bluepoint is with the 360 port?

Feindflug

Dear 360 audience,

You didn't buy a Xbone when you had the chance. (heck there are some on the store shelves right now if you want some!) So because of your insubordination, you must wait before you get your game.

Purchase an Xbone like a good little lamb and you get your gift on time.

- M

Dear M,

Either make your overpriced and weak ass console available here so I can buy it or just stop delaying the 360 versions you cheap fuckers.

- Tier 4 country 360 owner

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Haven't all cross-gen titles come out on last-gen consoles first? That changes things. I bought CoD on 360 exactly because of this. Also, Forza 5 sales have been good. Hasn't it sold more copies than GT6 at this point? GT6 would have sold WAY more on PS4. I certainly passed on it since it was on PS3.

Now they're trying to make it seem more exclusive, makes sense. EA though does not make sense.

Respawn has to be kicking themselves for fucking themselves with this publisher after their past experiences.

Still has to be a monumental upgrade over a team of security guards being sent to more or less kick you out of the building at a company you started, which, allegedly, is what transpired up at Activision. A minor 2 week delay to the last gen version of your game, which is going to sell anyway, and to a much larger audience of potential buyers, seems almost tame by comparison.

LimeyGeeza

Neo Member
Long time lurker at NeoGaf - but after seeing this thread and the comments thought it apt to post a link to my blog that seems relevant.

Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist or a nut job if you like, I've been called worse ;)

You can read the blog post here

I'll try to post more on the forums now I have broke my cherry...

Bgamer90

Banned

Good points.

Top Bottom