• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keezy

Can anybody explain how campaign works? I keep playing this playlist and I'm not sure how the progress works with this. How can I see how close I'm to completing the campaign?

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like I just completed the Militia campaign.

What's been people's experience getting the regular lobbies to have DLC maps in the rotation?

Considering this team's DLC implementation was excellent when they were Infinity Ward I'd hoped for something similar here, but it doesn't look like it matches you with people that have the DLC.
I get new maps in hardpoint a lot.

Argonomic

Played a few rounds last night on Xbox, got one DLC map towards the end. I imagine they are doing the same segregated playlist thing they usually do. I'm not sure why that's looked at as a particularly good thing. The maps should be free and in a mandatory patch, for the health of the game.

We call this "fragmenting", when the structure of the game forces players apart. I agree that it's not good for the game.

Can't give the dlc away because people have already paid for it.

Mechazawa

You guys could always let friends piggyback off of people who have the DLC.

And by "you guys could" what I mean is "there is no way in hell some high ranking force would ever allow that"

We call this "fragmenting", when the structure of the game forces players apart. I agree that it's not good for the game.

Way back in the day, maybe the first Gears of War, there was a map pack, but before they put it on sale they threw a date out there where it would be free afterwards. That seemed like a good idea to me. It still generates revenue from the hardcore community, and it gives people who bought the game but stopped playing a reason to come back when the free version hits. And it makes it an easier sell to get someone to buy the game at that point if they haven't already, or maybe put another way, it disincentivizes people to dump their copy onto the secondary market.

I bought the maps on PC and Xbox One, so I'd have as much cause to be pissed as anyone. I get why people would be angry over maps becoming freebies after paying for them, but a healthy playlist population would be more important to anyone with sense. That's really the most frustrating thing here. When maps are free, I get the benefits of free maps and max numbers of players. When maps aren't, I pay more and get less. I get the maps, but I get sparser playlists, and poorer matchmaking as a result.

E92 M3

This is the reason I don't buy map packs anymore. The only game where one is guaranteed to not get screwed is COD - and that's due to the population. After a month, DLC map packs become a rare site in the matchmaking realm. For console shooters with a limited population, selling map packs and segregating the community is the worst thing to do.

Izuna

Banned
This is the reason I don't buy map packs anymore. The only game where one is guaranteed to not get screwed is COD - and that's due to the population. After a month, DLC map packs become a rare site in the matchmaking realm. For console shooters with a limited population, selling map packs and segregating the community is the worst thing to do.

I would pay to make Runoff free for everyone else so I can play it more. Best map in the game, sadly no one else agrees because it isn't beautiful.

Any release date for dat patch?

I really hope Respawn comments on the Xbox One performance patch they promised months ago. Now that the SDK changes have been made it would be nice to hear they haven't given up on making some big improvements.

Ferny

So just picked up an X1 after playing Titanfall on PC up to Gen 2. Really liking it on there. The community isn't as dead as it became on PC and I was getting an X1 for some of the fall games anyhow.

If anyone plays regularly, feel free to send me a request: kurruptt

Would like to run with a group nore often.

hoyalawya

I don't really play solo any more on Titanfall. Too frustrating to play solo in anything other than Attrition. Seems like there are a lot of noobs on the weekend. We rolled through people and lost only 3 games out of maybe 50.

I only play solo and attrition as I am completely new to the game. But if you guys are up for setting up a team let me know. As I would love to tag along.

MaGlock

frags seems fairly useless to be honest. satchel charge is way more fun ^.^

If you cook them right they're actually use full on people on top of roofs or in high elevations

Also GT: PFI DeeZy
I need people to play with. Hitting gen 8 soon need that squad for all I do is win

Bydobob

What a thoroughly enjoyable return. Must've been over a month since I last played and boy is this game as great as ever. Decided to knuckle down with the Gen 6 challenges and I was surprised at how much I liked the Spitfire. It's a bucking mule to begin with but the clip size makes up for it. Triple threat has also now surpassed the 40mm cannon as my favourite Titan weapon. I particularly like its defensive abilities when outnumbered, and it takes out a turret or evac ship quicker than anything else.

As a general observation I had underestimated how well Respawn had captured the feel of the weapons. I've come from playing Wolfenstein and I was struck by how much weightier and substantial the gunplay felt, despite that game's ability to dual wield.

On to the DLC business, Pegasus has it spot on, although I think the issue here is probably more EA. They've already invested in a model of churning out sequels therefore aren't too concerned about the long-term viability of the community. Quick gains from people paying for DLC, and by the time that fragmented community dies off completely the sequel will be on the shelves. It's such a shame as Titanfall is already a classic in my book and deserves better.

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/478648947271933953
http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-three

"360 players, your DLC and free update will drop tomorrow. More details here: http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-expedition-xbox-360-coming-June-17"

About damn time. Those folks shouldn't have been left in the dark for so long, though it proved what I said earlier this month on how we wouldn't know until they were ready to drop it.
If you cook them right they're actually use full on people on top of roofs or in high elevations

Also GT: PFI DeeZy
I need people to play with. Hitting gen 8 soon need that squad for all I do is win

Gen 8 now, so I'll be adding you soon. Hopefully my failure to realize frags can be cooked like every other FPS doesn't hurt :p

A pre-update update? If last time is any indication, we'll hopefully get the update a week from Thursday. Though, I don't think the last pre-update update dropped on a Monday, so maaaaaaaybe this Thursday if everything goes well?

Really looking forward to shuffled teams. I'll finally be able to play more than 2-3 matches without going back to searching for players!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Um. So I jumped into TF tonight to continue my grind towards:

Gen 10 (I'm at gen 8 level 47)
50 LTS wins
50 CTF wins

But for some reason, bam. The achievements popped. Yet I haven't met the requirements for them.

So weird.

Lima

50 LTS wins
50 CTF wins

But for some reason, bam. The achievements popped. Yet I haven't met the requirements for them.

So weird.

Known issue with the Xbox One achievement system. Not with the game.

MadmanUK

50 LTS wins
50 CTF wins

So weird.

I've had kills come up with weapons that i'm not even carrying.

Just had a short run of fantastic games. Finally broke the 100 pt. mark in Attrition (124) and was MVP in all but the last game where I was edged out by a Gen 10 in the last round of LTS. I've also noticed that my movement has improved drastically, something that I'd almost given up on with using a controller.

Hopefully this keeps up throughout this gen and next.

Went to play last night... I am a lowly level 32 and wow, not only does it feel that I am not improving after a huge spike in improvement a few days ago... I kept loosing connection to servers, it was a bloody nightmare.

Thats ok. I believe the people truly in love with this game and I include myself amongst that group. Willingly suffer through crap server connections and wait times to play because the awesome is worth the annoyance.

TrueGrime

Went to play last night... I am a lowly level 32 and wow, not only does it feel that I am not improving after a huge spike in improvement a few days ago... I kept loosing connection to servers, it was a bloody nightmare.

Thats ok. I believe the people truly in love with this game and I include myself amongst that group. Willingly suffer through crap server connections and wait times to play because the awesome is worth the annoyance.

Which server, Toast?

I have never ever dropped from a game while it's going on.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Started all over on XB1 last night once I finally got all my shit set up. I did the training levels and the first campaign mission. Getting into a campaign match was fairly quick. I worked my way up to Gen 8 on PC and now I get to do it all again :D

New controller feels a bit weird too, and I think it's because of the bumpers. They feel out of place to me compared to the 360 controller.

TrueGrime

Started all over on XB1 last night once I finally got all my shit set up. I did the training levels and the first campaign mission. Getting into a campaign match was fairly quick. I worked my way up to Gen 8 on PC and now I get to do it all again :D

New controller feels a bit weird too, and I think it's because of the bumpers. They feel out of place to me compared to the 360 controller.

You'll grow to like it I think. It was uncomfortable for me too but I got used to it fairly quickly. Then again, I wasn't going balls to the wall with an FPS as fast as TF either.

West Coast servers. It honestly could have been my connection as well but up until now I have never had an issue.

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

hoyalawya

Highly recommend using bumper jumper pilot controller configuration. Will give you advantage while jumping. Should be good practice for Destiny and Halo too.

KingV

I finally regenned for the first time last night (dadGAF), and have to say this is probably my favorite multiplayer FPS since the original Quake. The moment to moment gameplay is really good.

My only real complaint is that attrition is a weird stand-in for Team Deathmatch. On the one hand, it's very fun, but it's not always clear how skill plays into it, because of the ability to get so many points from killing helpless bots.

If anyone wants to play, add me in XBL, usually I am playing after midnight EST.

GT MrSaver

Ghazi

DLC is out on 360, yay!

But now I can't connect to the server...

Also, does anyone know if the Season Pass is cross platform?

Yep. Patch broke the game for me. Can't connect to the server and it crashes if I try to back out or bring up the guide.

RIP.

I finally regenned for the first time last night (dadGAF), and have to say this is probably my favorite multiplayer FPS since the original Quake. The moment to moment gameplay is really good.

My only real complaint is that attrition is a weird stand-in for Team Deathmatch. On the one hand, it's very fun, but it's not always clear how skill plays into it, because of the ability to get so many points from killing helpless bots.

If anyone wants to play, add me in XBL, usually I am playing after midnight EST.

GT MrSaver

Funny you should say that. I feel this is the best thing since Unreal Tournament 2000 for the PC.

thefil

Just got this game in the Origin sale and I'm loving it. I've put in 8 hours since I got it Sunday, which is a TON for me.

Question though: is there any way to disable the constant nagging from the NPCs during multiplayer? It's like, I know point A is nearby, I was fucking running towards it.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member

GT MrSaver

Funny you should say that. I feel this is the best thing since Unreal Tournament 2000 for the PC.
LOL I said the same thing (sort of, I enjoyed Q2 / Q2CTF more) to one of the Respawn staff when Titanfall came out.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Highly recommend using bumper jumper pilot controller configuration. Will give you advantage while jumping. Should be good practice for Destiny and Halo too.

That's the first thing I did. Bumper placement on the controller feels off, but it's not that big of a deal, I'll get use to it eventually.

thefil

Matchmaking and connectivity in Titanfall PC are so bad. Wait forever for a match, then just get kicked out with a long "connecting" prompt. Half the time on the main menu it takes multiple attempts to connect to a server.

This stuff is so frustrating, I've never had problems with other PC shooters.

Matchmaking and connectivity in Titanfall PC are so bad. Wait forever for a match, then just get kicked out with a long "connecting" prompt. Half the time on the main menu it takes multiple attempts to connect to a server.

This stuff is so frustrating, I've never had problems with other PC shooters.

Xbox One is acting up right now. Taking a few-to-several minutes to get from the main menu to the private lobby.

In fact, I can't get in right now. Will say Connecting 'retrieving matchmaking list' as it runs through the 10 connection attempts.

I hope that the next game won't require a connection just to access stats and load outs, or at least a non-game option.

KingV

That's a big ass OP, awesome work!

Never gonna leave this thread once it drops :D

Only if it has special perks ;)

KingV what server do you play on?

My GT is CthulhuSars

I actually just play on whichever I default into. I wasn't aware you could actively pick them. I am in the Midwest but generally end up on South East for some reason, but have been able to party up with friends in the North East with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom