• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on G2A4 challenges. Man this gun is just really bad for taking on grunts and spectres. It's not half bad against pilots, but not the kind of thing you can take into a 1v2 and come out alive. I just haven't managed to unlock any attachments beyond match trigger for it.

I feel like guns that are burst or single fire just dont work in this game. it's just not as fun imo. same with dmr's and snipers. all about the assault rifles, smgs, and shotguns (shame we dont have more)

Ghazi

Well. Just thought I'd let others know in case anyone had the same issue. Support recommended it and it worked: Resetting my cache and redownloading the newest update fixed my big issues. I still have some minor hitches here and there (which I assume is normal), so that's nice.

Also, shoutouts to GameStop for buying me the season pass today!

TrueGrime

Well. Just thought I'd let others know in case anyone had the same issue. Support recommended it and it worked: Resetting my cache and redownloading the newest update fixed my big issues. I still have some minor hitches here and there (which I assume is normal), so that's nice.

Nice! Very nice!

Ghazi

Nice! Very nice!
I know, right? It may have been just corrupt or bad update data that caused it, it seems. I'm kinda sad I didn't think to try that, because I look like an idiot now. I'm loving the update and everything it's added, though. Streamlines the UI a lot and the new burn card features of not getting rid of your new burn cards when you go over limit is awesome. I need to read up on balance changes, though. Seems like the R101C got a recoil increase, but that may just be my mind playing tricks on me.

aries_71

Any news on an update to improve performance on the XBO? I think the game is great, but I'm not able to enjoy it properly due to the horrible screen tearing.

The Carbine rifle is rather good, too good at long range I think, people can spray and out sniper a sniper half a map away it's silly.

There should be a damage drop-off for long range Carbine shots, and I agree the burst fire rifle and the single shot rifle are nice weapons but are kind of useless more often then not.

This is amazing... I am glad it worked for you. I work in IT and I can tell you the looks we get when we recommend simple fixes such as the one recommended to you are well they are not nice... and about 99.99% of the time they work... Proprietary software issues for the win!

My friend is hesitant to get a Xbox One. How is this game on the 360? Would you recommend it or should I pressure him to make the jump to next gen?

Holy fuck this game is so dead on SEA(PC). FUCK ORIGIN.

It seems pretty dead on Xbone as well. Or idk if its dead or just shitty matchmaking. Constantly takes me like 5 minutes at least to finally find a game across multiple playlists. And then when I do find one, instead of keeping us together in the lobby it boots the entire enemy team out and the process starts anew.

I am guessing it's just really, really shitty matchmaking but I am about ready to pull the plug on Titanfall. Got my monies worth, about 150 hours played. But the MM is terrible. I don't even care about matching me up with someone equally skilled just find me SOMEONE a lot faster.

It seems pretty dead on Xbone as well. Or idk if its dead or just shitty matchmaking. Constantly takes me like 5 minutes at least to finally find a game across multiple playlists. And then when I do find one, instead of keeping us together in the lobby it boots the entire enemy team out and the process starts anew.

I am guessing it's just really, really shitty matchmaking but I am about ready to pull the plug on Titanfall. Got my monies worth, about 150 hours played. But the MM is terrible. I don't even care about matching me up with someone equally skilled just find me SOMEONE a lot faster.

I almost want to say it is the matchmaking. I only say this because as a crappy player I am finding teams left and right... With 150 hours into the game you have to be bloody brilliant at it and so it takes longer to find players for you.

Ferny

I just bought it for the X1 and I am getting matches no problem. Usually within 10 seconds, I'm in. Maybe that'll change as I get up to gen up, but for now it's fine.

I just bought it for the X1 and I am getting matches no problem. Usually within 10 seconds, I'm in. Maybe that'll change as I get up to gen up, but for now it's fine.

I thought this as well but there are a lot of bad Gen 6-9 people that get matched with me a lot.

Yeah I was playing both pilot hunter and CTF (the Playlists they removed from PC) a couple nights ago and was in a match within a few seconds on XB1... Not sure what your problem is...

The only time I ever had a problem finding a game was about 3-4 weeks after launch when I was trying to play a few pilot junter match at 5am

Interestingly enough there seems to be quite a few new users online as everyone I seemed to get paired with had not regenerated

Yeah I was playing both pilot hunter and CTF (the Playlists they removed from PC) a couple nights ago and was in a match within a few seconds on XB1... Not sure what your problem is...

The only time I ever had a problem finding a game was about 3-4 weeks after launch when I was trying to play a few pilot junter match at 5am

Interestingly enough there seems to be quite a few new users online as everyone I seemed to get paired with had not regenerated

There are a lot of new users on the Xbox One. After E3 I started seeing a ton of people I have never seen before. This is great for the community.

Yay kinectless sku!

creid

I haven't played much since launch, and I only did one of the campaigns. Did they ever add in the option to pick which campaign you're queueing for? I'd really like to do the other one but last I read it was pretty impossible to do the campaign mission you want.

Edit: Or did they add anything at all to make completing the campaign less of a hassle?

I haven't played much since launch, and I only did one of the campaigns. Did they ever add in the option to pick which campaign you're queueing for? I'd really like to do the other one but last I read it was pretty impossible to do the campaign mission you want.

Edit: Or did they add anything at all to make completing the campaign less of a hassle?

I should know but I don't on if you can que for which campaign. But I do know you can choose which mission to que for up to the current mission you are on in campaign mode.

Pilot Hunter can be slow on xbone to find teams, a lot of the time I am starting 3 v 3 matches and people join as we play.

I don't have any DLC

TrueGrime

Attrition, Variety, and Campaign is where I find the most people. I still see a slew of level 1's just getting the game as well.

Pilot Hunter can be slow on xbone to find teams, a lot of the time I am starting 3 v 3 matches and people join as we play.

I don't have any DLC

I find a lot of people do not have any of the DLC. The DLC only matches are the slowest for me to que in.

Attrition, Variety, and Campaign is where I find the most people. I still see a slew of level 1's just getting the game as well.

Attrition is all I play until I start to get generations. I still have yet to even get to 50.

TrueGrime

Attrition is all I play until I start to get generations. I still have yet to even get to 50.

Hurry the hell up, Toaster. You're lagging behind. :) I'm currently stopped at Gen6 right now just so I can enjoy the game without worrying about challenges. Sooner or later though I will lose the ability to get burn cards (I think) so I might have to push on the Gen7.

Hurry the hell up, Toaster. You're lagging behind. :) I'm currently stopped at Gen6 right now just so I can enjoy the game without worrying about challenges. Sooner or later though I will lose the ability to get burn cards (I think) so I might have to push on the Gen7.

Ignorant newb question time...

When you hit gens do you have to get to level 50 each and every gen? Or do you level normally and as you pass your gen requirements you just go to the next gen?

Alx

When you hit gens do you have to get to level 50 each and every gen? Or do you level normally and as you pass your gen requirements you just go to the next gen?

Yup, you need to be level 50. But with the XP multiplier increasing with each generation, you'll get there fast. In the end I was trying to meet the requirements before reaching level 50, and it wasn't easy.

Yup, you need to be level 50. But with the XP multiplier increasing with each generation, you'll get there fast. In the end I was trying to meet the requirements before reaching level 50, and it wasn't easy.

Concur. You will most definitely hit 50 before you even make a dent in your challenges.

Ah ok that makes life a million times easier. I was freaking out for a second there.

Thanks for the replies.

When are we getting an XboxOne GAF group together to play?

You have to hit level 50 as well to the best of my knowledge. You'll complete challenges before hitting lvl 50 through the first 6 gens. By 7 the xp multiplier will likely send you over lvl 50 just before you finish the challenges. Afterwards (8-9) you'll be well into lvl 50 before you complete the challenges.

Edit: Beaten
Once I have 50 wins in every mode I will most likely stick to domination and attrition.

After the changes to CTF and being forced to play variety pack due to lack of population in most of the other modes, I'm becoming more fond of all the modes. Attrition and Hardpoint will always be my favorite to jump randomly into, but CTF and LTS are great with highly coordinated teams. Pilot Hunter will always be my love/hate mode. Good teams and the right maps make for fantastic matches, but there are some maps and situations that make attrition preferable.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I have been trying! It's hard to get all these punk bitches on at one time for a large party. However, I've been able to play with onsie and twosie gaffers like I did last night and a few nights before.

I haven't been playing much because I've been messing around with the XB1 since I just got it. It's my weekend off and I'll be on later tonight after the 8pm flash sale goes up on Steam.

You have to hit level 50 as well to the best of my knowledge. You'll complete challenges before hitting lvl 50 through the first 6 gens. By 7 the xp multiplier will likely send you over lvl 50 just before you finish the challenges. Afterwards (8-9) you'll be well into lvl 50 before you complete the challenges.

Edit: Beaten

After the changes to CTF and being forced to play variety pack due to lack of population in most of the other modes, I'm becoming more fond of all the modes. Attrition and Hardpoint will always be my favorite to jump randomly into, but CTF and LTS are great with highly coordinated teams. Pilot Hunter will always be my love/hate mode. Good teams and the right maps make for fantastic matches, but there are some maps and situations that make attrition preferable.

Pilot Hunter and CTF are the love hate 'marmite' modes for me in this game, and I usually love CTF... what did they change about it? not allowed to cap in a titan now or something?

I have been trying! It's hard to get all these punk bitches on at one time for a large party. However, I've been able to play with onsie and twosie gaffers like I did last night and a few nights before.

I've had my little sisters visiting from out of state (ages 9-10), and have been a bit demanding of attention for me to put time in mp titles. Been a lot of Netflix, beaches, and Walking Dead monopoly being done at ArkkAngel007 HQ.

They do like watching me play Titanfall for a match or two, but would prefer to fight me in Injustice or mess around in Minecraft on the 360. They've also been trying to talk me into playing Outlast on the PS4 since their step-brother showed them a PewDiePie(?) LP vid some time ago.

I'll probably set up the smaller 1080p 22 inch to play on and leave them the 40-odd inch 720p to occupy themselves with local play on. 3 weeks without Titanfall is a bit much, especially on Gen 8.

BigShow36

Does anyone know any deals for Titanfall right now (Xbone)? I just got a Xbox One and wanted to grab this, but I'd rather not pay full price.

Does anyone know any deals for Titanfall right now (Xbone)? I just got a Xbox One and wanted to grab this, but I'd rather not pay full price.

It is cheaper on Amazon, other than that I picked it up with the Titanfall XboxOne bundle, that was a deal but not as amazing if you don't want the kinect.

Pilot Hunter and CTF are the love hate 'marmite' modes for me in this game, and I usually love CTF... what did they change about it? not allowed to cap in a titan now or something?
That's exactly what they did. Can't carry or return flags in Titans. Generally still a bit lopsided since shields protect flag carriers who rodeo friendly Titans, but it's far more balanced now.

BigShow, I'm not aware of any deals. I figured those would end after E3 for a while, so I jumped on the Target deal that was the bundle with a year of Gold for 349.99 in April.

KingV

I'm really looking forward to Hashtag matchmaking for this type of stuff. It will make it much easier to organize without having to add a bunch of people and then remember where they come from

Ferny

I'm really looking forward to Hashtag matchmaking for this type of stuff. It will make it much easier to organize without having to add a bunch of people and then remember where they come from

Wow I just looked into that. Sounds pretty cool. Surprised other companies haven't done this.

Daemul

There are a lot of new users on the Xbox One. After E3 I started seeing a ton of people I have never seen before. This is great for the community.

Yay kinectless sku!

It's also the same for the 360. So many new players have joined up. I actually had to hold back in many games since I was playing against teams made up of level 1's to 25 and I didn't want to destroy them when they're still learning the game.

I usually end up teamed with new players now, it's weird. Either all the regened players have moved on to the DLC or we are now outnumbered by newbies.

Rayme

(Mentioned in the Origin sale thread, thought I'd echo here.)

This was mentioned at E3 (where the next patch was being shown off), but in case you missed it:

The next update to the game will have matchmaking improvements. Most noticeably, you'll see the game balance teams for playercount and skill, right before a match starts. So no more (for example) 5v3 matches, those'll get automatically smoothed to 4v4, and the players on each team will be chosen based on skill balance, so everyone gets as close to an even fight as possible.

We're doing more for matchmaking past that update, and those improvements will be made server-side as we roll them out, so there should be less waiting for client patches as we iterate.

I look forward to it in four months.

But seriously, how will you guys handle parties then? I don't want to be put on a different team if I party up with buddies. That defeats the entire point if partying up.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
(Mentioned in the Origin sale thread, thought I'd echo here.)

This was mentioned at E3 (where the next patch was being shown off), but in case you missed it:

The next update to the game will have matchmaking improvements. Most noticeably, you'll see the game balance teams for playercount and skill, right before a match starts. So no more (for example) 5v3 matches, those'll get automatically smoothed to 4v4, and the players on each team will be chosen based on skill balance, so everyone gets as close to an even fight as possible.

We're doing more for matchmaking past that update, and those improvements will be made server-side as we roll them out, so there should be less waiting for client patches as we iterate.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SATCHEL CHARGES

How is the population on Xbox One? I just got a One and am considering buying it again. I have it on PC, but kinda feel like spending more time with it, if there are more people playing. PC is pretty damn quiet.

How is the population on Xbox One? I just got a One and am considering buying it again. I have it on PC, but kinda feel like spending more time with it, if there are more people playing. PC is pretty damn quiet.

I have not waited a long time to get matches in the game and I play it on the One.

It's always one of the top games currently being played on the platform. I've had no issues with search times.

Ghazi

This is amazing... I am glad it worked for you. I work in IT and I can tell you the looks we get when we recommend simple fixes such as the one recommended to you are well they are not nice... and about 99.99% of the time they work... Proprietary software issues for the win!

My friend is hesitant to get a Xbox One. How is this game on the 360? Would you recommend it or should I pressure him to make the jump to next gen?

Totally recommend it, it's completely fine and I love it! Pressure him anyway, though, because next gen is still better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom