• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

The guys at Respawn have been reading these pages since day 1, little point going over old ground. I posted a couple of gifs a while back in OT1 to no reaction. One I haven't mentioned is getting stuck after respawning. Happened about about 3 times since I started playing again, I can jump and crouch but can't move direction.

The guys at Respawn (myself included) sometimes miss things, even though there are a few of us who try to read NeoGAF regularly. :) Feel free to PM me more details if you don't want to derail the thread, but as a rule of thumb: the more information we have available to fix a bug, the more likely it'll get fixed.

MaGlock

Ok so I'm ready for some titanfall on X1. My friends list seems to work fine now. GT : PFI DeeZy hit me up fellow gaffers

The Carbine was undoubtedly overpowered and you're the tiny tiny minority saying it isn't. It's almost as offensively bad as the UMP and SCAR were in MW2.

The Carbine was undoubtedly overpowered and you're the tiny tiny minority saying it isn't. It's almost as offensively bad as the UMP and SCAR were in MW2.

COD4 - M16, MP5
MW2 - UMP, SCAR
BLOPS - AK74u

There are weapons like that in every multiplayer game. Everyone needs a favorite weapon :p

Got a party of 4 on xbox one right now, who else wants to join?

Since XBL was taking a dump, I had to step out. Perhaps later on tonight or may be some other time? Will add you either way...

Finally caved and started trudging through the campaign mode in order to make some decent progress in 'All I Do is Win'. 29 so far, and hopefully will clear 40 by Friday.

'Look Out Below' is possibly far more trying due to how unnecessarily difficult it is. The last minute rolls by A.I. to avoid the Warpfall Transmitter drops, even if their roll still leaves them within the impact/dome, are probably the most irritating. I'm also having trouble understanding how the titanfall drop site can be so random at times. Will try and drop it in an open area, and suddenly I'm having to run across the map where the computer decides the drop should be.

Will say though that despite that and some of my nitpicks about campaign, I'm enjoying focusing on winning the matches. MVP is going to go real quick next gen.

Also find it sad that campaign is probably the most reliable way to jump into a Hardpoint Domination match, followed by the variety playlists.

Roflobear

Gotta find my mic. Then I'd love to party up with you guys

Also I'm really curious if I got that Titan insignia for killing a Respawn dev (or at least someone else who has it)

tauke

My first time being called out using "aimhax" haha and also no life since I'm still at Gen 7 level 50 and I don't feel like regen.

When the match gets going, Titanfall really shines and from the past two days of my playtime, safe to say the data center for SEA and East Asia is plague with really long loading times.

Hope Respawn can look into it although I'm enjoying my time at Japan West and West US players. :S

Obscured

People don't seem to understand that just because one gun is better than a lot of the other guns it doesn't mean it's OP.

I think that is exactly what that means, the question is whether it is still fun for people or a benefit to the game, despite being OP. As far as people who are terrible at the game being the ones who complain often when you hear discussion about games it sounds like most people are terrible. So from a companies perspective it would be a bad idea to make a bad experience for most of their audience.

There often is the arguement that only the highest level of play should be the driving force and focus behind gameplay design and tweaks and there is a lot a validity to that, but it shouldn't be at the exclusion of the rest of the audience.

Finally caved and started trudging through the campaign mode in order to make some decent progress in 'All I Do is Win'. 29 so far, and hopefully will clear 40 by Friday.

'Look Out Below' is possibly far more trying due to how unnecessarily difficult it is. The last minute rolls by A.I. to avoid the Warpfall Transmitter drops, even if their roll still leaves them within the impact/dome, are probably the most irritating. I'm also having trouble understanding how the titanfall drop site can be so random at times. Will try and drop it in an open area, and suddenly I'm having to run across the map where the computer decides the drop should be.

Will say though that despite that and some of my nitpicks about campaign, I'm enjoying focusing on winning the matches. MVP is going to go real quick next gen.

Also find it sad that campaign is probably the most reliable way to jump into a Hardpoint Domination match, followed by the variety playlists.

I just finished thosed regen challenges last night. For look out below I finally settled on playing hardpoint and figuring out where the pods were dropping. That way I could capture points and then farm grunts and spectres. (Demeter in the open area between a and b but closer to the wall works out pretty well, there are two different pods that drop and pretty frequently.) Once they would drop I would run in the middle of them look straight down and then call in my titan. If I kept running in a circle they would stay in place and not roll out when it dropped. That was the only way I was able to get the precision I wanted. (Wish I had figured it out sooner, but the all I do was win was a longer slog so I wasn't that concerned with being that efficient.)

Now I get to hate on MVP :)

Patch live tomorrow... BUT WHAT TIME!? Seriously, is there some sort of set schedule? Midnight PDT? 8am? What if they release it in the morning, it breaks the servers... and then they have to fix them during US vs Germany? Respawn... this is your plan?

Izuna

Banned
These Achievements suck. Just going to force people to play the Expedition Variety Pack and run around like idiots on Swampland...

Hatchtag

Banned
Patch live tomorrow... BUT WHAT TIME!? Seriously, is there some sort of set schedule? Midnight PDT? 8am? What if they release it in the morning, it breaks the servers... and then they have to fix them during US vs Germany? Respawn... this is your plan?

WAS UPDATING TITANFALL PART OF YOUR PLAN
You shouldn't be playing Titanfall around noon CST anyways, you should be grinding free Xbox Live dollars from Xbox so you can buy Titanfall DLC.

Already have the Titanfall DLC, I don't need to go shady with fake accounts for GameStop's droppings. Also, CDT. CDT. Not CST. I even gave you the "PDT" example to start with and you still missed it up.
pD3EQ.gif

I think that is exactly what that means, the question is whether it is still fun for people or a benefit to the game, despite being OP. As far as people who are terrible at the game being the ones who complain often when you hear discussion about games it sounds like most people are terrible. So from a companies perspective it would be a bad idea to make a bad experience for most of their audience.

There often is the arguement that only the highest level of play should be the driving force and focus behind gameplay design and tweaks and there is a lot a validity to that, but it shouldn't be at the exclusion of the rest of the audience.

I just finished thosed regen challenges last night. For look out below I finally settled on playing hardpoint and figuring out where the pods were dropping. That way I could capture points and then farm grunts and spectres. (Demeter in the open area between a and b but closer to the wall works out pretty well, there are two different pods that drop and pretty frequently.) Once they would drop I would run in the middle of them look straight down and then call in my titan. If I kept running in a circle they would stay in place and not roll out when it dropped. That was the only way I was able to get the precision I wanted. (Wish I had figured it out sooner, but the all I do was win was a longer slog so I wasn't that concerned with being that efficient.)

Yeah everyone who complained about the Carbine being way too powerful is horrible at the game.

Totally.

Obscured

Yeah everyone who complained about the Carbine being way too powerful is horrible at the game.

Totally.

That wasn't what I was saying, I was actually trying to make the opposite point. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was referring to the previous comment that the people who complain are terrible at games. That isn't something I believe. I didn't actually weigh in on that particular debate, but I do think the carbine needed a tweak and what they did sounds reasonable.

Izuna

Banned
13 Pilot Kills on War Games, no pop. Must wait for the patch... I think I can get them all tonight after work.

Would be nice if when the patch hits, a bunch of them pop anyway.

EDIT: Why has the Titanfall Beta appeared again? Are they going to do a free weekend on the Xbox One using it?

13 Pilot Kills on War Games, no pop. Must wait for the patch... I think I can get them all tonight after work.

Would be nice if when the patch hits, a bunch of them pop anyway.

EDIT: Why has the Titanfall Beta appeared again? Are they going to do a free weekend on the Xbox One using it?

appeared? how so?

E92 M3

These Achievements suck. Just going to force people to play the Expedition Variety Pack and run around like idiots on Swampland...

Annoying MP achievements are the worst thing...a developer can really sell more map packs by making the achievements easy and frustration free. Nothing pisses me off more than annoying achievements in MP (2 for 1 laser kill that took me forever - fuck you).

billsmugs

Is one (or both) of the Origin "Time Played" counter and the in-game "Time" stats broken on the PC? Origin says I've played for about 17 hours, but I only just got the "Play for 10 hours" challenge (strangely one or two matches after I first crossed the 10 hour mark in my personal stats). I know the Origin one will count loading screens, lobbies etc, but I doubt I've spent 7 hours waiting between games!

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Is one (or both) of the Origin "Time Played" counter and the in-game "Time" stats broken on the PC? Origin says I've played for about 17 hours, but I only just got the "Play for 10 hours" challenge (strangely one or two matches after I first crossed the 10 hour mark in my personal stats). I know the Origin one will count loading screens, lobbies etc, but I doubt I've spent 7 hours waiting between games!

Edit : I can't read today. Move along, nothing to see here.

HelloMeow

Unfortunately, 7 out of 17 hours sounds reasonable.

tauke

Not that surprising really as the waiting time in Titanfall is easily around 40% of waiting from your total playtime in Origin. Ok I just made it up from my experience lol.

vodn2Tk.png

Today was a pretty balance matchmaking as most players stay between rounds so it shows the game matchmaking does it job somewhat.

Was devastating to see myself get owned real bad in the early match as my ping pretty sucks vs other players (Japan West server). So decided to stay away from other players and kill those AI grunts... which managed to turn the tide of the battle.

Jito

Banned
Are PC users still not getting achievements with this update even though Origin supports achievements? Seems like a massive oversight.

MVP should go really quick in Hardpoint. I've only had maybe 3 instances throughout my entire time in Titanfall where MVP went elsewhere in that mode.

As for the strategy on dropping Titans, I'll have to try it. Been having a lot of trouble keeping track of where those pods drop.

They're easier than 'I've Killed them All' and 'Pull Harder', but I agree. Some are also quite grindy, which is a real shame.

Bydobob

The guys at Respawn (myself included) sometimes miss things, even though there are a few of us who try to read NeoGAF regularly. :) Feel free to PM me more details if you don't want to derail the thread, but as a rule of thumb: the more information we have available to fix a bug, the more likely it'll get fixed.

Ah, your post makes more sense now. Appreciate the offer, will try and remember to use Shadowplay next time.

Chitown B

Annoying MP achievements are the worst thing...a developer can really sell more map packs by making the achievements easy and frustration free. Nothing pisses me off more than annoying achievements in MP (2 for 1 laser kill that took me forever - fuck you).

LOL 2 for 1....... I got that legit, somehow. I saved the image.

Took me 6 years to get Overkill in H3. That was my last one.

Anyway, though I know what you're saying - easy achievements might as well not even be there. They're called "achievements" because you're achieving something extraordinary. Otherwise what's the point?

billsmugs

Unfortunately, 7 out of 17 hours sounds reasonable.

Not that surprising really as the waiting time in Titanfall is easily around 40% of waiting from your total playtime in Origin. Ok I just made it up from my experience lol.

Thinking about it, that could be right. It probably doesn't count the tutorial and the loading times are pretty long.

In fact, I've just tried timing it: It took 3.3 mins from starting the game to beginning the first match and 3.2 mins from the scoreboard at the end of the first game to choosing a class at the start of the second. I've played 91 games, so assuming I just jump straight into a game from startup and stay in the same group until I quit, that would be nearly 5 hours.

Add in times when finding a game takes a while, or the game crashes while loading and has to be restarted, or I want to check options/loadouts/burn cards before finding a game and it can easily reach the roughly 7 hour difference.

In fairness, some of the time spent waiting in the lobbies can be useful for equipping burn cards etc, and maybe some of the load times are slightly affected by my relatively poor system specs, but spending 40% of the time waiting between games is pretty crazy.

E92 M3

LOL 2 for 1....... I got that legit, somehow. I saved the image.

Took me 6 years to get Overkill in H3. That was my last one.

Anyway, though I know what you're saying - easy achievements might as well not even be there. They're called "achievements" because you're achieving something extraordinary. Otherwise what's the point?

Fuck H3 achievements. When developers make difficult achievements, they ruin the game because people will grind, cheat, or just fuck around to get em. Easy achievements - or better no mp achievements - prevent this and keep everyone playing normally.

Chitown B

Fuck H3 achievements. When developers make difficult achievements, they ruin the game because people will grind, cheat, or just fuck around to get em. Easy achievements - or better no mp achievements - prevent this and keep everyone playing normally.

I don't think there should be MP achievements period. But as for achievements in general, they shouldn't all be easy otherwise it defeats the purpose.

Top Bottom