• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Maybe I am going blind but i'n not noticing anything changing on the titan visually with these badges, do they just appear on the arms, halo 2 style?

HelloMeow

d5HyHGu.gif

This is still an issue.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I think we already knew most of these but here is the full list of the new burn cards added with today's patch:

New Burncards artwork: http://imgur.com/a/ng8CM

Amped 40mm
Automatic 40mm with an increased rate of fire.

Amped Arc Cannon
Increased damage, superconductive Arc Cannon.

Amped Quad Rocket
Fires mini-cluster rounds that create additional explosions on impact.

Amped Railgun
Faster Railgun charge time.

Amped Triple Threat
Magnetized Triple Threat grenades.

Amped XO-16
Electric rounds deal increased damage to enemy shields.

Amped Cluster Missile
Longer-lasting, more accurate Cluster Missiles.

Amped Slaved Warheads
Slaved Warheads that lock-on faster, and fire an extra volley.

Amped Rocket Salvo
Greatly increases the number of rockets in each salvo.

Amped Missile System
High-capacity Multi-Target Missile System.

Amped Vortex Shield
Instantly reflect enemy fire without dropping your shield.

Amped Electric Smoke
Longer-lasting Electric Smoke.

Amped Particle Wall
Store up to 2 Particle Walls that can be deployed simultaneously.

Explosive Punch
Your next Titan will trigger explosions with its melee.

Turbo Engine
Your next Titan will have increased Dash Capacity.

The hamlok seems to have way too much damage drop off, I would upload a clip of me trying to kill someone using an entire clip but my kinect is unplugged so upload doesn't work.

They were clear hits too, must have taken several bullets to drop someone.

Burst fire carbine > hamlok with acog scope, so bad it hurts.

Jito

Banned
So putting the water graphics setting on Low removes the water completely. Okay
Switching to High water whilst in game crashes the game. Okay

The noise that plays every time you get a kill is pretty annoying as well, wish it was optional.

That pilot kill noise should be optional because holy crap it's annoying. Why did they ever think this was going to be a good idea??!

Rayme

And here's what the water looks like set to High after the update. Only been on Swampland were it's been this bad, Lagoon just had no water at all.

You can fix this manually by forcing Origin to update your DLC package.

(I don't have the exact steps in front of me, but apparently it involves more than right-clicking the actual Titanfall icon, I think you have to navigate to the DLC's icon itself, right-click, tell it to update.)

Jito

Banned
You can fix this manually by forcing Origin to update your DLC package.

(I don't have the exact steps in front of me, but apparently it involves more than right-clicking the actual Titanfall icon, I think you have to navigate to the DLC's icon itself, right-click, tell it to update.)

Sorted, hope this fixes it.

Edit: So many shit teammates using challenges as an excuse for playing terrible today. Wish they weren't in the game.

All of them at the bottom "I'm doing challenges, I don't care if we lose" Fuck it's annoying people not playing to win.

Played a game of Marked for Death on Xbox One, was pretty fun, got a point goosing someone. Forgot to set up my R97 class, went and did it real quick and played a game of Attrition. Seemed pretty good, but the competition wasn't up to par so we'll see. I tried to pay attention to performance, Lagoon was running pretty well... it did seem like less tearing, but I don't recall if that was one of the maps that really chugs on Xbox so who knows. Would play more but gotta watch some World Cup.

So matchmaking still seems terrible on xbox one 3 games in a row uneven teams. How hard is it to wait till the lobby is even to start a game?

Also does anyone feel like they have messed with the aiming sensitivity or something? I had to turn it back to defualt. I play almost everyday and the aiming just feels off for me now.

Mic audio I can confirm is busted after hard resets. Pretty sure Tawpgun is thinking I'm ignoring him.

Game chats always been busted that's why no one talks. If you click on the sign in icon and choose this person that usually fixes it.

This matchmaking is infuriating I have played 6 games and 2 have been in progress none have had even numbered teams.

To the best of my knowledge, they are part of a limited run. I suppose it's their solution to cut down on the fracturing of the player base, and they'll likely cycle between the two or eventually add them to the variety packs.

And yes, that means that [again to the best of my knowledge] MFD isn't a part of the Variety Pack playlist.

I just loaded up Variety Expedition and it threw me into Marked for Death

Jito

Banned
The matchmaking doesn't seem any different at all, played plenty of games with super low level, non regenned players tonight.

Team shuffling is just random as well, doesn't seem to take rank into consideration at all. So many games tonight with me and a team of tards against an uber team.

I can only carry a team so far Respawn, let me play on the stacked team for once!

The matchmaking doesn't seem any different at all, played plenty of games with super low level, non regenned players tonight.

Team shuffling is just random as well, doesn't seem to take rank into consideration at all. So many games tonight with me and a team of tards against an uber team.

I can only carry a team so far Respawn, let me play on the stacked team for once!

Yep, same on XB1. The matchmaking seems a bit quicker on the platform, but otherwise I've been on stacked teams most of the day with little to no shuffling.

Jito

Banned
Uhh this is getting pretty silly now, it didn't even bother to balance the game before starting, no one had quit as well. 5 mins into the game and it's still 3 vs 6, what the hell?!

I have to give props to Respawn for the SMG buff though, thing is god like now.

And the game does load insanely fast, I can put texture quality back on high and it still loads fast.

Vire

I also have to say small sample size but the matchmaking and auto balance seems worse so far. I am not sure if its because a lot of people are in parties or something.

Uhh this is getting pretty silly now, it didn't even bother to balance the game before starting, no one had quit as well. 5 mins into the game and it's still 3 vs 6, what the hell?!

Yeah I just shut the game off after 7 games honestly matchmaking seems even worse for me now. I won 100 of 122 games mostly solo last gen. Today I have won 2 of 7 games and I just shut the xbox down down during a mismatched game of 6 vs 4.

hoyalawya

And the game does load insanely fast, I can put texture quality back on high and it still loads fast.

Could it be that the other team was in a party?

Bydobob

Where's my 144fps gone? Stuck at 60 now, please say it's only temporary.

Patch is good otherwise. Carbine hasn't lost much potency but boy does the R97 shred now - it's even effective at medium range. G2A4 doesn't feel much different but I always liked the weapon anyway.

I quite enjoyed the new musical chair match-making. It's amusing suddenly finding yourself on the enemy's team and you get a good idea of who is really good or crap. Not sure it quite achieves its aim though.

Jito

Banned
Yeh the game really shouldn't have done that even if they were in a party and I don't think they were in a party, you don't see many parties on PC.

E92 M3

In regards to matchmaking: They should put lonewolfs into separate lobbies and parties together. No need for any fancy matchmaking - the player pool isn't large.

Hamlok over range still sucks even with 4 hit kills now because of the damage drop being way too much, starburst mod adds way too much kick to be useful outside of a hip fired burst because you ran into someone around a corner :(

xbox one on controller, no idea how that gun handles on pc.

Having to constantly reload even with extended mag is holy obnoxious. Carbine still dominates but is less fun to use than before.

Extended mag needs to be 35 rounds

Top Bottom