• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall sells 10 million copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

Vince Zampella, founder of Respawn Entertainment on Twitter
1r8FL2Y.png
[/QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/650096789979205632

nib95

Banned
Impressive number. Single player campaign in the sequel please. Give me Avatar style mech vs giant creatures in huge alien landscapes gameplay!

Damn, that is really impressive for a new IP! Makes you wonder numbers it could have pulled off if it was also released on PS3 and PS4. I mean 10 million is already impressive enough as it is!

I mean...that's not very hard to believe when they've practically given the game away multiple times. I mean, the game has been $5 on both PC and Xbox One many times from what I remember, and they made the season pass free.

jediyoshi

Now imagine how many it will sell with a single player campaign on all the platforms

alternatively, "We sold 10 million without a single player campaign, the future is clear!"

Fine with me though, wish I was more compelled to leave it installed.

Congrats. It's a pretty cool game with cool mechanics and cool aesthetics. I just hope the sequel has more stuff to do in it.

I mean...that's not very hard to believe when they've practically given the game away multiple times. I mean, the game has been $5 on both PC and Xbox One many times from what I remember, and they made the season pass free.

Games are sold for peanuts all the time and never come near such numbers. Otherwise we'd hear of it more often.

Game has been sitting at my Walmart for 19.99 on XBOX One for a while now. Even Call Of Duty MW3 is still 29.99 on PS3/360. That tells me they had to slash prices and bundle to move units of this game.

Monocle

Wow, that's significantly more than I expected.

Well deserved, it's a great game. The difference between Titanfall's and Destiny's PvP is night and day.

Pif

Banned
EA Access is inflating these numbers or what?

I was under the impression the game didn't do so hot.

Anung

Un Rama
I was skeptical but I picked it up (with the season pass) for £10 and it was totally worth that. Had a great time with it.

Good for them. Titanfall feels like the basis for an amazing sequel.

ShutterMunster

Curious to see which direction they go in for TF2. Gertsman had some interesting to say about that on the last Bombcast and I think he was spot on. Either way, congrats to the team at Respawn. Y'all won.

Fdkn

Are we sure those are sales and not unique users? iirc that was what they used to report back then

I noticed a lot of people hate on this game here, so I guess this won't be any different.

But at least it shows that a MP only game can sell well.

Also, final thought is that the tweet doesn't actually say sales and respawn has said in the past (on this very forum) that EA doesn't release sales figures. This could be another celebration of how many people have played TF and not how many people bought TF.

Love the armchair analysts!

Clarification for those who like to assume:

Titanfall has sold well above expectations, both from to us at Respawn and at EA. I actually don't know if there's been a better new IP release at EA in terms of sales... ever?

EA doesn't release sales numbers anymore. We'd love to release them, but we're not the publisher of the game. This was the best we could do for everyone.

This does not mean 7m sold. This means 7m people have played the game. Yes, this means Destiny and probably Watch Dogs have had more more sales and players. This is not at all surprising, or worthy of shame. Everyone is so supremely proud of the game. More successful than we could have imagined. I could also point out that EA has been on a huge upswing in the market, often attributed partially to how well Titanfall has done.

Alright, thats all I can say. You can go about your normal business of assuming the worst. I've got work to do ;)

JesseZao

Games are sold for peanuts all the time and never come near such numbers. Otherwise we'd hear of it more often.

Well they never said 10 million 'what'. ;)

It could be 10 million players, 10 million copies and dlc units, 10 million Titans felled etc.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That's $600,000,000.00 in a perfect world if each game were at $60. That doesn't even include tax. That's quite a few copies of Titanfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom